Time Crisis: Project Vesuvius

• Thread starter DeletedUser14280
  • Start date

DeletedUser14280

New Pompeii, a peaceful town just south of the original, which was destroyed in Roman times by a volcanic eruption.

9:00 News Update
"This morning, a terrorist organization known as the Mercury Wolves launched a brute force assault on the town of New Pompeii,
the town built next to the site of the original Pompeii, in the region of Campania, in Italy.
Despite the efforts of the Italian military, the Wolves continue to keep a stranglehold on the city,
and no demands have been made in exchange for the town."

VSSE has learned that the Mercury Wolves are using the invasion of the city to cover the installation of explosives in Mount Vesuvius.
If detonated, they will cause a catastrophic eruption, threatening all of Europe.
Not just 2 agents this time for the VSSE; they're sending in a whole squad.

Time Crisis
Project Vesuvius

Name: Name of your character.
Color: What color your jacket is and et-cetera.
Primary Weapon: This one has unlimited ammo. Make it a fairly reasonable weapon (pistol, machine gun, shotgun, needlegun, etc.).
Secondary Weapon: This is your weapon for giving the enemies really bad days. Go nuts with this one (tractor beam, grenade launcher, laser cannon, etc.).

Rules:
1. This is Time Crisis! Don't stand around talking, act!
2. Don't use too much ammo with your secondary, they're meant to be limited.
3. Forum rules apply.
4. What?

-----=====-----=====-----

Name: Eden Cross
Color: Green
Primary Weapon: Heckler and Koch MP5 Submachine Gun (common, I know).
Secondary Weapon: Barrett M82 Anti-Material Rifle.

A plane flew high above the volcano. Inside...
"So, we parachuting down?" Eden asked.
"Yes, I already said so." another agent replied.
"Just checking."
BOOM!
"What the?"
"Something's hit us! We're going down!"​

A few bumpy minutes later...
"Great, we've landed in the middle of New Pompeii." Eden growled.
"Hey, what are you doing?" The shout rose from an armed soldier nearby.
"It's the VSSE!" another shouted.
"Looks like we're going into action, guys!" Eden shouted.
Loading his SMG, he ducked behind the plane wreck just as shots rang out.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

A shot whizzed past Eden's head.
Ducking out from his cover, he pulled the trigger of his SMG.

Bullets sprayed across the street, sending the enemies diving for cover of their own.
Abandoning the plane wreck, Eden dashed across the street and up a stairway, where there were more foes lying in wait.

DeletedUser

Name: tom fletcher
Color: special ops black
Primary Weapon: G-36 assault rifle.
Secondary Weapon: RPG-7

--------------------------------
tom ran out of the wreckage of the plane and looked around for cover, he saw eden cross, his squadmate, in a stairway on the other side of the street. tom ran over to him and let off a burst of fire at a group of enemy infantry advancing up the street.

DeletedUser14280

"Afternoon, Tom." Eden said.
Letting off another burst of machine gun fire, he pointed briefly at the volcano in the distance.
"You see that? In mere hours, that thing's going to erupt and blow this place to pieces. We have to get there and disarm the stuff that goes boom. You got me? Good."
..."Wait, is that a tank?"
A shell whizzed over their heads and detonated beside the wrecked plane, showering everyone nearby with shrapnel.
"It's a tank all right! You take it down, I'll cover you!"

DeletedUser

George loaded a smoke into his grenade launcher. He knew the tank could withstand normal grenades. He took aim, adjusted for elevation, and fired. The grenade plopped in front of the tank, and released a hissing sound as the smoke made itself apparent. The tank now had to make itself an easier target or it could not function.

George: [Good to go.]
Fletch: [We'll take it from here.

DeletedUser

Name: Unknown
Color:Black
Primary weapon:My Hands
Secondary Weapon:Silenced SIG-Sauer P-226

----------
As the unidentified target slipped through security of the city, killing most guards and militia in his way through, his cover was blown due to the trigger-happy tactics of a once known associate, Eden Cross, as Eden shot at him not knowing he was on their side, the mysterious former government weapon was able to force Eden into cover with repeated shots from the SIG, not hearing where the shots were coming from, Eden spun around to his rear, wondering if he had been found by the rest of the Wolves security forces. Slowly the unknown killer pushed his way into the middle of the city of New Pompeii. Taking down many snipers and guards with his bare hand and an occasional fire of his silenced weapon. He started to make his approach to what appeared to be where the Wolves' Headquarters. But he hearing a barrage of gunfire across the City, he decided that an unseen killer could lend good support to the other hero's trying to bring down the Wolves

DeletedUser13682

"Son of a monkey! They have heavy artillery here! We need to find cover, immediately!" John Henry Eden, future world leader (maybe), crawled on his hands and knees, toward the position of Eden Cross, no relation, and Tom Fletcher. "Hey guys. You know what this reminds me of? Those old arcade games we played when we were kids, with the little blue and red plastic pistols, and the pedals. Duck!" John knocked the other two to the gorund, right before an artillery shell hit about three feet from them, showering them with sand. "Glad I'm wearing Dragon Skin. So, you guys have a plan?"

DeletedUser14280

"Pretty much." Eden replied.
"I'm pretty sure that the tank exposes a weak point right before it fires the big gun.
Tom, you have a big-ass rocket launcher. You know what to do, right?"
BOOM!
Another shell exploded next to them. Eden took a chance, popping up from behind cover, and saw two hatches slowly closing.
"There! Aim for the exhaust ports on the side!"
While rolling away to a better vantage point, he thought "Did I just say what I thought I said?"
Arming his rifle, he waited for another chance at the tank.

DeletedUser

out of nowhere, it seems, the tank begins to fire on the Wolves, Not knowing what to think, Eden gets behind the tank and starts shooting at the enemy, a long series of gunfire goes on, and after the tank blows the final shot, eden turns around.

"How's it been, Cross?"
Eden turned around, then saw a figure in black silhouette blocking the sun.

Eden points his MP5 right at him.
"That's no way to treat the man who saved your life is it?"

"Who are you?" Eden asked,
"We'll catch up later," the Unknown Person replied
"Right now we have to stop a bomb from going off."

DeletedUser13682

John shook his head. "You aren't very smart, are you? Here, watch this." John pulled out his railgun, aimed at the tank, and fired one shot at it. A short time, about 4 milliseconds later, the tank exploded, though there was no fire. "There. All you need are very high pressures formed inside the tank, and it gets pushed out. Very unpleasant for the people inside though. Come on, lets go."

DeletedUser

tom grinned as the tank went up in flames. "now, who wants to disarm a bomb whilst fighting off millions of enemy soldiers?" he asked. not waiting for a reply, he ran off down the street, firing into the smoke...

DeletedUser14280

(I have no idea what's going on right now, so we'll just call it Stage 1 Complete, and move on to the next part of the city, kay?)

Eden had scrambled to the top of a building, and was looking down, past the wreckage of the tank.
A short distance away, a small group of heavily armed jeeps were sitting in the middle of the street, just waiting to be used.
Eden smiled; if they were dumb enough to leave a fleet of jeeps lying around in the open, he was smart enough to use them.
Reloading his machine gun, he waved to the rest of his team.
"Hey guys! I've just spotted a way of getting to the volcano that much faster!"
Below him, Tom was already headed in the right direction...

DeletedUser13682

John followed Eden, and had about the same idea when he saw the jeeps. "Fantastic! I call M2 Browning!" John hopped into the back of one of the jeeps, and loaded the M2 Browning mounted there. "Come on! Let's go! Time to blow up some baddies before they blow up a volcano."

DeletedUser

[summary]I caused a smoke grenade to blind the area, Johann killed the tank, and whatshisface is going crazy. And somebody is trying to handle the legal issues of destroying a town.[/summary]

George slid into the passenger's seat as John took the gunner's position and Eden the drivers.
"Ill handle artillery!" he said as he switched to his grenade launcher.

DeletedUser14280

"I'm driving, then? Fine with me."
Eden revved the jeep (A dummy left the keys in), and the wheels screeched, before carrying the trio forward at high speed.
A second later, they passed an alley, and motorcycle goons whipped out the side, before training their guns on the jeep.
"Duck!" Eden yelled, an instant before bullets shot over their heads.

DeletedUser

tom flattened himself against a doorway and provided covering fire, as the jeep neared he jumped onto the back and sat down next to john. he let off a burst of automatic fire at one of the motorbikes, the bullets hit the driver, who promptly fell off the bike and was crushed by his own motorcycle. tom reloaded. "need a hand?" he grinned.

DeletedUser13682

John started laughing at the motorcycles, as they were destroyed by .50cal bullets from the M2. "I love this weapon! Brings back memories from the front, don't it guys?" Another motorcycle blew up. "KABOOM!!! Whoo! Hey Eden, why don't you stop for a minute, and let me have some more fun, will ya?"

DeletedUser

"i think he'd love to, but we're kinda stripped for time right now!" tom said as he let off another hail of bullets and yet another motorcyclist collapsed.