1.27 update news

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9470

I think duduie is absolutely spot on.
Every word makes sense, even the bit about patience.

I cant wait for this update. all other updates have been fantastic. this new banking system is far better for instance and advantages duellers. in the few duels i have lost recently, I have lost less than $100!
when most duellers like roland were saying it wasnt going to be good for duellers it is now obvious to me these guys hadnt thought it through properly themselves...

I cant wait to see what ambushes are all about, and town vs town duelling seems the most exciting thing Ive heard of on this game.

Untill then im looking forward to wielding athos's foil around 20 times a day against these deringer wannabe duellers!
:p

Well done innogames, well done the mods and devs for your work. its a pleasure playing this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"- Instantduels won't come in 1.27! But NPC-Duels will come relatively sure."

DeletedUser544

I have to admit I have no patience to read all your post. But I will reply to the bit I did read.

if you aren't going to read my entire post, then you have no right to reply to it. so once again, I will ask you to STOP HITTING THE REPLY BUTTON before you read my post
see this is the problem
you have a problem no matter WHAT I say
I posted an on topic reasonable critique of what I consider to be a major shortcoming in the new duel updates

we are told the entire reason for the update is to stop campers from having it so easy, but this update really doesn't do anything to address that
this update is Inno's way of making the dueler class not worthless anymore
they couldn't add in an appearance bonus
so instead, they change the game
think about it; one of their reasons is that "after the banking update, duelers couldn't earn money anymore off people"
who do you know who duels solely as a source of income? no this update is a big kickback to the dueler class
changing the work system so people have more money on them, who does that benefit? the dueler and his extra money earned in duels
changing the duel system so you have to actually travel to where your target is on the map? who does that benefit? well duelers get a bonus to their map speed

and I'm not saying that something like this shouldn't be done; I agree that the dueler class was quite pointless
but it should be done in a way that doesn't punish and marginalize OTHER classes and OTHER character builds

Well, it does solve a bit the problem of sleep-duelers, or as I like to call them: campers.
While they have to be in a town or fort to sleep, they have to be at your location to duel you. If you are working on a job this means: they need to walk to the job location from a town/fort where they interrupt the sleep, duel you then get back to the town/fort to sleep again. This will take more than the actual duel time, like it is now. This makes them available for a longer time. They either wait for you at a town location, or drop the camping trend. They can't continue in the same way.
I don't know about you, but I have figured out who the campers are. With the new duel on spot system I have a greater chance to finish the duel against them then before, since they will have to be up for more than 10 minutes.

it does not solve the problem of sleep-duelers, or campers
no matter WHERE I am at in the world, all a sleep dueler must do is find a town nearby
they sleep in the town
they queue up a duel, and then walk back to town and goto sleep
unless I notice the SECOND they come out of a hotel, and unless I have a faster speed on the map then them... there is no possible way for me to challenge someone to a duel who does that. EVER
I don't think many players just sit on the west and login every minute; which means it is very unlikely that I would check in right at the second someone leaves the hotel to challenge me to a duel

DeletedUser

I don't like the idea that the most important new premium option won't be available in old worlds.
Yep, I'm talkin' about that one that costs 4 nuggets.
And is called "forget skills".
Why on earth old worlds shouldn't be able to use that for respecing?

DeletedUser

I don't like the idea that the most important new premium option won't be available in old worlds.
Yep, I'm talkin' about that one that costs 4 nuggets.
And is called "forget skills".
Why on earth old worlds shouldn't be able to use that for respecing?

Forget skills has been on beta since a lot of time. And it was discussed about bringing it on the official worlds long time ago also. And it wasn't liked by a lot of players because of many reasonable causes.

DeletedUser

Well, that is why you are not a good dueler Roland. A good dueler knows the pattern and log in hours of the camper. Of course you won't need to be online all the time and hunt the one who hunts you down when you are hunted, jeez. It helps when you hunt them. Find their location and wait for the camper to wake up. Since you know the online time pattern of the camper (meaning the time when he actively hits you), you can wait around and hunt him down, since he will have to be awake for more than 10 minutes. If you can't do that, then I am sorry for you. Seems like a pretty damn good strategy for me, also in the case they move from the location you both are. The update says that if the one you attack is in the surrounding area close to where he was when you start the duel, the duel will not be interrupted.
I really don't see why you would not be able to hunt the campers down. Is really easy. Plus, they will have to travel to their targets, so if you want to avoid campers, oh well, just be far from their location. It will take them a pretty long time to travel, while you can work without being dueled by campers.
And you can't tell me I didn't have a point just because I didn't read your entire BS. All I need to read is what bothers you, not why and not other bla bla you fill up entire pages with. You really are really completely boring.
If I don't have a point, then don't freaking answer. As easy as that.
I am entitled to have a different view, even if that bothers you so much. Well, especially if it bothers you so much, but that is besides the point.

DeletedUser

Forget skills has been on beta since a lot of time. And it was discussed about bringing it on the official worlds long time ago also. And it wasn't liked by a lot of players because of many reasonable causes.
I guess the reasonable causes were yours and something like this:
If it's added, then all players on w12 will respec and kill me all over again and again and again because I've killed them while they were worher/builders, and now they've put all points in vigor, poor me, where can I hide now?!

Now there is a reasonable cause to add it. Where? I've just presented it to you. :D

DeletedUser

If it's added, then all players on w12 will respec and kill me all over again and again and again because I've killed them while they were worher/builders, and now they've put all points in vigor, poor me, where can I hide now?!

Now there is a reasonable cause to add it. Where? I've just presented it to you. :D
Are you related to anyone named Roland?

DeletedUser

Please don't talk about W12, there my role is quite different. If you are going to say something related to this then do it. Otherwise go somewhere else to post your crap, I don't feel like talking to you anymore.

Move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I kinda like this new system... Even though, I don't have time to get on every 3 hours anymore, it does allow for more EXP gain. So what if its work 3, sleep 8? If you don't like that set up... and the old setup was any better, then just go on a duel to compensate for the time loss. :)

DeletedUser

I am pissed off. Why the NPC's are in w4 and not in any other world? Was it even announced? I thought all .net worlds are equal. There's a slap on my face for not playing on more than 1 world...
I thought the tests are done on beta and then put in all worlds mostly in the same time or close to that.

DeletedUser

I am pissed off. Why the NPC's are in w4 and not in any other world? Was it even announced? I thought all .net worlds are equal. There's a slap on my face for not playing on more than 1 world...
I thought the tests are done on beta and then put in all worlds mostly in the same time or close to that.

I think that is just the begining of it. Patience, I am sure they will come on all worlds.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't get bent out of shape Duduie...
There is only 1 "Player"on world 4 as a test. (He is Currently on a 48 hour KO)

There are to my count 4 Dueler waiting there for him to wake up.
There is gonna be a line-up to hit this NPC, and assuming the KO 'TO'
continues it may be long wait.

The NPC was found the first day, without any clues. If this is a reflection
of things to come with ALL the new NPCs then this update it seems will not
produce anything useful at all. (In my opinion)

DeletedUser22500

since they are making an update to the game, they should make this game cell phone friendly so we can be more active in the game. I just went out bought a blackberry hoping that would work with it but of coarse it doesnt

DeletedUser

Out of topic:I would love a cell phone capability myself,seems it would be so easy to do,it would bring The West in line with Tribalwars which has had it for ages and got upgraded yet again.Think we are in the 21 century now..

On topic:Overall it looks like 1.27 is gonna be good,i like what i have seen so far,we'll have to see how it works live to judge for sure.
I got to say though that I don't understand or agree with trying to force players not to talk/discuss proposed changes.This is the "good stuff" how can we be mute about this?

Also i hope that [player]Roland Deschain[/player] wasn't banned for his criticism of the proposed patch,i find his arguments well constructed and to the point.Wether we agree with him or not one thing is certain there are ALWAYS losers and winner in any major patch: it all depends on your class/character/build/playing style/ect,and so everyone has the right to voice their opinion without the usual character assassination/shoot the messenger cause we don't like his message thing.

Peace out.

DeletedUser

@Saltin: Roland's message was not the issue, but the way it was expressed and he got banned for insulting, not for his ideas.

@Sam L Bone: that sounds awful... You actually have to wait 48 h to get him and compete with others? I thought it would be similar to quests ...

DeletedUser

Cant wait to stop town campers (if your reading this ;) )

Lol when do you think it will be updated?

DeletedUser

I had my reservations at first, but I'm coming around to 1.27.

Also, there's a guy on the Beta forums that's translating the update news from the .de forums (where they seem to get better/more info than on the .net forums). It looks like the duel-on-spot change won't be implemented this time around, but some other changes will.

Read all about it.

DeletedUser

Yeah hope this update helps with town campers.. they should have been dealt with a loooooooong time ago

DeletedUser

Lobo,also as always your friend google at your service: http://translate.google.com/#
just stick in any URL or text (of a foreign language) and it will do the rest,a bit butchered at times but still understandable for the most part.

I had my reservations at first, but I'm coming around to 1.27.

Also, there's a guy on the Beta forums that's translating the update news from the .de forums (where they seem to get better/more info than on the .net forums). It looks like the duel-on-spot change won't be implemented this time around, but some other changes will.

Read all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.