The Ride of the Marshals - Sin City and Las Vegas burn

• Thread starter DeletedUser9891
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Check the other thread about FoM and maybe some of this can be cleared up for the rest of us. Maybe it is a good thing after all. However, after seeing this kind of stuff going on it does not look so good.

(by check, I mean, could someone from FoM clear up some of the questions posed there.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As for the adventurer chap, which town are you from?

If you are from any of the LN towns, who are sadly bullies, and continue to farm workers without honour, then I'm afraid you need to take it up with your town leadership.
(bold mine)

This is the problem...you FOM guys condemn others for farming non-duelers for exp and $$$ and yet you retaliate with similar tactics. You hit everyone in those towns indiscriminately and then tell those who are weak to rein in their own duelers. You declare war against a town and then make all of their citizens targets of attack whether or not those citizens have done anything to wrong you. That is terrorism at its finest. That is ignoble.

Why doesn't the FOM make a hit list of those duelers that are causing the problems and KO them every 48 hours, and leave the innocent ones alone? That would be truly noble. But it would require effort and would require you to fight the toughest duelers. You would have to suffer KO's yourself in order to protect the innocents on all sides. That would be truly noble.

Once again, I'm not complaining about any of the tactics involved. Farm non-duelers all you want. Retaliate against the weak all you want. But please do not pretend to be noble. Your retaliatory tactics are not noble. You have just become a different breed of bully. Have the intellectual integrity to admit it that's all.

Have fun out there whether you're noble or not. I know I'm having fun.

Later, Lon

DeletedUser4044

(bold mine)

This is the problem...you FOM guys condemn others for farming non-duelers for exp and $$$ and yet you retaliate with similar tactics. You hit everyone in those towns indiscriminately and then tell those who are weak to rein in their own duelers. You declare war against a town and then make all of their citizens targets of attack whether or not those citizens have done anything to wrong you. That is terrorism at its finest. That is ignoble.

Why doesn't the FOM make a hit list of those duelers that are causing the problems and KO them every 48 hours, and leave the innocent ones alone? That would be truly noble. But it would require effort and would require you to fight the toughest duelers. You would have to suffer KO's yourself in order to protect the innocents on all sides. That would be truly noble.

Once again, I'm not complaining about any of the tactics involved. Farm non-duelers all you want. Retaliate against the weak all you want. But please do not pretend to be noble. Your retaliatory tactics are not noble. You have just become a different breed of bully. Have the intellectual integrity to admit it that's all.

Have fun out there whether you're noble or not. I know I'm having fun.

Later, Lon

I appreciate your posts mate. They show much thought. I DO NOT LIKE HITTING WORKERS. But your town declared war on mine. In war their are casualties on both sides. I will also add there is NO way to be noble during a war..you fight the battles you can win and call in the allies for the ones you cant. But i REALLY like the idea of having teams hunting down duelers that continually attack workers. I believe KK is working on such a plan as we speak.

As far as me being noble is concerned..as close as i can get being a warrior at heart is to not duel the people who ask me to stop. A few have messaged me and ask i stop because they cant control their leadership. They ask nicely and i agree to leave them alone. Thats as close as i can get to noble. Otherwise i will use all tactics noble or not to secure protection for my people.

On your side that does not work. They laugh at my workers and keep ko'ing them. That is not noble in any way. You cant fight a war against guns with noble intentions. you will lose everytime.

Marshal Waysted

DeletedUser

You cant fight a war against guns with noble intentions. you will lose everytime.
Marshal Waysted

I agree with you. But you can do your best to avoid becoming what you fight. In war, shoot the man with his gun pointed at you not the innocent civilian standing next to him. That may mean exposing yourself to danger but it is noble and will win over many of the innocents.

Or, kill them all just to be sure. That is the surest way to make enemies of all.

Glad to hear that you are considering the "posse" solution. I'd be tempted to join and back any group that adopted that solution.

Respectfully,
Lon

DeletedUser4044

I agree with you. But you can do your best to avoid becoming what you fight. In war, shoot the man with his gun pointed at you not the innocent civilian standing next to him. That may mean exposing yourself to danger but it is noble and will win over many of the innocents.

Or, kill them all just to be sure. That is the surest way to make enemies of all.

Glad to hear that you are considering the "posse" solution. I'd be tempted to join and back any group that adopted that solution.

Respectfully,
Lon

But isnt it up to the leadership to control the duelers? If you let you duelers run wild you endanger your workers/adventurers. There has to be accountability for both sides. The real problem with any war is the innocents are always the ones that pay the most. The people declaring war should think of this. It is apparent your leader or mine did not when this all started.(i got here after the war began and have tried to end it. without any results)

Marshal Waysted

DeletedUser

But isnt it up to the leadership to control the duelers? If you let you duelers run wild you endanger your workers/adventurers.

Marshal Waysted

That's a common argument to defend the indiscriminate attacks on civilians. And the workers/adventurers are only at risk if those seeking retaliation take it out on the innocent.

Let me turn it around on you. Shouldn't those using violence make sure that the targets of that violence deserve it? Doesn't the noble responsibility belong to the one holding the gun?

This is at the heart of the argument for or against terrorism.

BTW I have proposed a Sheriff's position that will deal with some of this. Take a look here...http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=18993

DeletedUser

Actually the only thing leadership can do is warn members about something and if they don't listen then they can dismiss them.

I agree that the innocent should be left alone. When at war, in this game, it's easy enough to check a profile and know if someone is a worker or not so there should, in my opinion, be no reason to attack a worker.

I'm not so sure that adventurers should be classified as workers though. Most adventurers I know do as much dueling as the duelers do most times.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is 2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because our workers are attacked we shouldn't be going to someone's town and attacking their workers and then telling them they can't attack ours. If we truly want to stop something someone else is doing we can't be doing it ourselves. And I think thats what Lon Lothamer is trying to say also.

DeletedUser

SmittenKitten and I have discussed this very thing and have opted to do just that in our town. If our workers are hit then we shall retaliate, but the innocent shall be left out of it. Any and all but worker class shall be dueled whenever possible in the war we fight on our front.

I have never considered myself nobel. I'm just a Marshal doing my job. Trying to protect the citizens of my town and the smaller towns in my area as well now that I belong to the federation. Yes I used the same tactics of attacking workers so they could complain to their town councils about it, just the same as our workers have done in ours. I'm finding out it doesn't always work, so I and my posse shall take a bit of a nobel step and only duel non-worker class. We may find this also doesn't work but I'm willing to take that step to prove we are not bullies or terrorists. As for being exposed to danger, well my stats prove that I have never been afraid to take on my opponents. I may lose the fight but I will win the battle.

DeletedUser13388

There is so many contradictions on that "unwritten code".

1.Dont attack workers..
2.Attack workers when its war..

Explain me the difference,between 1 and 2,with using the code?Its something like :

"The sentence,was deleted for inapropriate language"

Attack venturers or dont attack venturers.Some are venturers the other are like duelers.

Or "My town is in war with your town,lets call the other 10 towns from the alliance to smash the poor town.

I think you are missing what is The West.Its supposed to be a fun game with many fights,not a peace-loving confederation.

I am worry that soon all the towns will be in one big alliance and all of us be good neighbours only.

At the mooment in our quadrant,there is only 2-3 towns which i can attack and when i take a look of theirs saloons,all the fighters are : Duel not possible for 48 hours.So i have to work whole day like a normal worker,instead to make a fun with mass duels.

Imo the alliances have to be maximum of 3 towns.Not like now wtih five,ten,twenty or more towns.Then the game will be more attractive,more fights,more epic battles and we the duelers,soldiers or adventures,will have a great diversity of targets,which are same class as us and then the workers would live their uneventfull lifes.

TheWest....its a USA`s ideology in 20-21 century: "Be our allie and do what we want or NATO will erase you from the face of the Earth". (I have nothins against USA,just i dont share,the ideas of her leaders).

Its jsut confirming,that the man is belonging only to his own time.With other words,there is no past,there is no future,the important is NOW.Sad but true.

So my suggestion is,the Alliances to be maximum of 3 towns,then the workers wont be targets for sure,cause there will be mass duelers soldiers or adventures,who you can attack.

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

DeletedUser

I will never join that alliance just for the sake of variety. Eventually another alliance will emerge and then the sparks will really fly. Also, that alliance will falter when the forts come out.

DeletedUser13388

It was my letter mistake.I didnt mean FOM alliance.I mean all the alliances to be maximum of 3 towns.And then,i am sure,the fun will be alot.

Regards.

DeletedUser14280

I will never join that alliance just for the sake of variety. Eventually another alliance will emerge and then the sparks will really fly. Also, that alliance will falter when the forts come out.
Unless proper alliances are instituted in the same update.
You know, so that towns can share products and players and forums and stuff.

DeletedUser

Dragon .. why bring RL politics into the game forums? All that's gonna do is hiss a lot of people off and then regardless of what town or who you are allied with you will be no more then a target with a big bullseye on your back.

If you don't like the way the alliances are ran then leave your town and found your own. No one really cares.

Just stop trying to turn this thread into a flame war against FoM and all other large alliances.

DeletedUser

Lol (litrely I can not stop laughing) this is cracking me up. LLFOM (Long live fedaration of marshells)

DeletedUser13388

Dragon .. why bring RL politics into the game forums? All that's gonna do is hiss a lot of people off and then regardless of what town or who you are allied with you will be no more then a target with a big bullseye on your back.

If you don't like the way the alliances are ran then leave your town and found your own. No one really cares.

Just stop trying to turn this thread into a flame war against FoM and all other large alliances.

Its so pointless to talk with you.You miss the main point.Yo uare too narro-minded.Just re-read my post again and if you are not agree with some things,say your arguments,like mature and intelligent man,if yo uare such a guy ofc,instead to threat and talk,from the others name.You arent TheWest,you know that?I think,that you have some strange megalomaia.

Regards.

P.S.:

My point isnt flame war against FoM.I like the people from my town and have nothing against the other towns of FoM.Just these big alliances have to be broken and i said the reasons in my prev. post.But seems you are trying again to incite the ppl against me.

DeletedUser14280

Its so pointless to talk with you.You miss the main point.Yo uare too narro-minded.Just re-read my post again and if you are not agree with some things,say your arguments,like mature and intelligent man,if yo uare such a guy ofc,instead to threat and talk,from the others name.You arent TheWest,you know that?I think,that you have some strange megalomaia.

Can you two have a good think about what you're talking about before you make any more posts?
I'm worried you'll set something on fire and/or disrupt the topic.

Now, why is FoM so bad, again? Something about dueling behaviour?

DeletedUser

No I don't miss the main point... you think large alliances are a bad thing.

And just for the record ... I am NOT a guy!

As for FoM being bad .. no they aren't. They just don't like it when duelers and such pick on the workers all the time.

DeletedUser

Mercy mercy mercy. I think we've gotten a bit off track in this thread. This thread was about a historic ride of 200+ players in a RPG. Something I dog gone sure hadn't heard of until now.

And in my opinion that took a lot of planning and calculating to bring off such a feat. And the people who pulled it off, no mater their reason, needs a pat on the back for doing so.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.