Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It makes no sense to implement changes on only new worlds. This is one game, not 5, and the devs should not have to maintain separate programming from one world to the next.

The complaints about people's character builds being invalidated are wrong, because Cons is still the most relevant skill. So the only complaint left is that building will be harder / slower. And there are plenty of people who want it slowed down, for the balance of the game.

why because i had planed my character out even once i have finished building our town i plan on changing MY character. what this and other updates have done is slow my plan for MY character. this is a major change.
how would dueller like it if they said we are changing duelling skills and are adding a new Attributes for duelling.

i now see why just before this update they LIMITED people posting about updates from other versions. i would not have spent extra money on this.

DeletedUser

spepper said:
what this and other updates have done is slow my plan for MY character. this is a major change.

A major change would actually be destroying your town overnight because the dam broke, or the nearby river flooded. THAT would be a major change.

Stamina actually makes sense as a building skill. So the change messes up pervious planning--so what. I knew it was a work in progess when I signed up, so expecting everything to stay the same doesn't make a lot of sense. Neither does griping about it before even trying it. :rolleyes:

I'm a builder, and I'm going to enjoy the challenge of adapting to the new circumstance. If I don't care how things are going, there's always the shaman.

DeletedUser

Yep, Everytime I here that phrase "the game is still in Beta", i cringe, anticipating a major change. I've played games in Beta where the DID wipe everyone back to square one after making a significant change- a lot of games these days go to "beta" when they really should be calling it "playtesting"
As for this hurting builders, I have to go along with Gem. Yes, it means we don't build as fast. Yes, it means a specialized Constuctor has dropped down from "Fantastic" for building to merely "Great". It also means more people will be ALLOWED to build, since the difference won't be nearly as great. It means there is actually a reason to build that town Hall. Oh, and it Does NOT mean it takes 25% longer to build the town to Max- it means it takes at least 33% longer (reducing total labour pts by 25%)[ 3/4 Labor x 4/3 time = 1], and probably closer to 40% (since the diffleculty did not go down)

Did they ever fix the shaman? I keep reading that it takes over 3 days for the price to drop back to the original $50/$250, and for some people it takes over a week..

DeletedUser

What is the point of leaving the old worlds as they are when the result of imbalance is already present and will remain whether this change is made or not? Updating doesn't fix it and not updating doesn't fix it. So what would be the point of the devs maintaing separate programming? Which is an unreasonable expectation in the first place.

I don't think that making them have separate programming is unreasonable. It's not difficult to do, and if anything they just stop updating old worlds except for minor things like new avatars or bug fixes. Now if we want to talk about unreasonable...How about paying to increase my energy. I mean we can't add 1 energy point for every skill I invest into stamina!?!?

But honestly this topic has been beat to death. This is a topic is about the fact that the update will widen a town gap. Not about needing points back because it messes up the build. You still get 2 construction points for every other point you can put in there. And it's not about how bad the worker class is. Try getting your points up there. The payoff is good.

The only real solution is to not implement this in the well established towns. Sure they will be unbalanced anyways, but at least I have come to expect this, and I won't have to readjust any of my build plans or determine who will be wasting money if they build. If it's broken, fix it. If it's broken and you can't fix it, leave it alone.

DeletedUser

I've got a question or two...

What is it that everyone is competing against? To be 1st to....what? How are you being disadvantaged with this change? I guess I don't see what all the uproar is about.

The developers aren't taking away all the building that's been done prior to the change. They've realized that building was happening faster than their overall plans called for and needed to make a change to balance it better. In just about any RPG game I've played, focusing everything on a single stat is usually a recipe for disaster anyways. It doesn't make for a well balanced character.

So you lose %33 of your build labor points....my guess is you're still able to build, just not as much. I believe that most people have points allocated to their stamina skill. In reality, you won't be losing %33 of the build labor points....probably more like 10-20% as the stamina stat will be replacing the lost construction points. Again, you'll still be able to build, just not as much or as fast.

I'm enjoying the game for what it is (heh, and it *is* only a game). If something changes, see what you need to do to account for that change. As I recall, there was a recent big change and resultant uproar in the jobs and job distribution. Everyone was up in arms over the changes, but yet after a week, nothing more on the subject. In many cases, people found that they were better off than before with a wider variety of choices.

Everyone hates change, but it's this change that adds challenges to life and keeps things fresh. I believe that this is a good change and will make for a better overall experience.

DeletedUser

ok fine its there game they see some bigger picture we dont ...
so lets do this make towns DOWN grade each time they change this stuff make it flowing construction xp for levels . when you raise the "xp" for a building or lower the "xp" chars can build lower the level of the buildings too ... the truth is there tring to slow down bulding of town and make it take longer but these changes realy only hurt ppl who dont have a full built up town if you going to "nurf" do it evenly and fairly . yes they need to add more building AND make it so you cant add all of them to just one town . I would love to build the OK Corral so gunfighters could fight as teams or fancy dancehall that raises motivation for jobs for a little bit of money ( more you drink bigger bonus ) . some games also let you respec for free if they realy change you char like say take 25% of there skills this too helps keep players and the wineing ( and other drinking ) to a min .

so fine nurf just be fair about it ...

DeletedUser363

@mdntranger:
You are being disadvantaged with this update because the towns that are maxed out or close to being maxed out will have a bunch of good items available and those with a medium town will now have to wait a while before a store gets upgraded. This also means that the bigger towns will have more access to better dueling items and smaller towns will be struggling to compete with the larger towns.

DeletedUser

Vote with your wallets.
No more premium payments until they include us before making braindead choices and f#ck up everything.

One Armed Ninja

So do I....

With noone buying premium accounts i will have a major advantage against you all!
(Wait did i just say that out loud?)

DeletedUser

Yeah it will make them even slower, and as a builder I am kinda miffed. But I think that it was always too much of an advantage on construction in the first place. I always hope that updates will make players happy, but by balancing the game (In my opinion..you might think otherwise) there is always going to be complaints. If it were my game I'd want it to be balanced, and have a positive response to it - not possible with very many communities

i still dont see how it balances anything out by costing people lp making jobs harder ok, increasing the difficulty ok, but removing a skill thats just harsh it will cost me 150 LP is that fair trappers got increase of liek 30-50 pts that still doesnt compare to the huge # of lp it will cost builders

evening out the game, start it at the same time so everyone incurs this penalty and not those who were unlucky enough not to max yet

DeletedUser

This is completly unfair! Those cities "whith great name" (from first worlds) of course easily get most active members and already maxed their towns in W5 , but those who with hard and long work haven't achieved even a half of maxed town will be completly left in dirt. While these with maxed town will fast grow up their lvl's other still will be in dirt with small town's and it get's even more complicated to do something to stick in top with large town members, who has nothing to think about just like lvling and collecting money not for town, but for their latest shop items. I think administration does this wrong with changing this. :dry:

DeletedUser

I think lots of changes made the game harder and slower than it used to be
ex. raising the difficulty of jobs and this

DeletedUser

I've said it once and I'm gonna say it again.... all these bandaids are just serving to piss us off..... FIX the jobs and NOT ONE BY ONE so that no one can POWER BUILD to certain jobs....... Quit bandaiding .... not like the dev are going to actually read this but I need to vent! :)

DeletedUser

how old are you for christs sake ?
stop complaining. in games where teamplay is important, minor isues conserning individual loses are not important.
if you do solo, try finding friends to cooperate.
people since stone age cooperated to have a better life. do it here. its that type of game. if you want rock doing solo go play q3

DeletedUser

i think it would be a great idea to increase the exp raised for a job within town, it thats the case. The incentive for a builder will even be more lost if you cut one of its slots out but not adding anything to it. Perhaps say a 10% rise on a job over level 8/9 mark...

DeletedUser

how old are you for christs sake ?
stop complaining. in games where teamplay is important, minor isues conserning individual loses are not important.
if you do solo, try finding friends to cooperate.
people since stone age cooperated to have a better life. do it here. its that type of game. if you want rock doing solo go play q3

you.. have obviously no idea what your talking about... and on top of that where have I complained about an individual loss? no where in this thread.. I have made a point that these bandaids they keep applying trying to fix glaring issues in the game are NOT what they need to do. they need to fix the WHOLE job system get out the ability to "power build" to high end jobs.. and fix the balance of the game instead of applying these stupid bandaids which just serve to piss off specific groups... and the builder is THE WORST JOB in the game peroid you do not have the ability to find items.. you do not make any money , and compared to an experience jobs the exp is sub par and even low end jobs outside the town pay WAY higher in both exp and $$'s and not to mention luck(items)

So crawl back into your hole OR read the whole thread so you actually have a clue!

DeletedUser3583

I think the right way forward for the devs to have announced ' because of such and such a problem, we are having to make some changes to the game, which will have the effect of xxxxxx'. I also think that it is wrong to make such a fundamental change on existing worlds. Its not as if there was a serious cheating issue or something.

However what I take exception to more is the attitude that the game is broken, either before or after the update. Personally I think it was a fantastic feat of vision to have produced the game to the state it is in now. The different characteristics of classes, items and jobs are quite mind boggling to juggle in a workable manner, and it is only the benefit if hindsight that can help them make changes that should help us all.

But changes of this nature should be on new worlds. Or discussed beforehand and had some sort of general positive response on the forums.

My suggestion for how to handle what I perceive to be a problem of boredom once towns had maxed out, would be to have a demolish buildings option, whereby you can raise say the tailor to the ground, and be able to build again for the chance to different items.

As to different coding for new worlds; thats not a problem, they are on different servers, and they are used to implementing this on TW. The game itself does not seem particularly buggy to me, so code maintenance shouldn't be an issue.

DeletedUser

However what I take exception to more is the attitude that the game is broken, either before or after the update. Personally I think it was a fantastic feat of vision to have produced the game to the state it is in now. The different characteristics of classes, items and jobs are quite mind boggling to juggle in a workable manner, and it is only the benefit if hindsight that can help them make changes that should help us all.

The implication of broken.. not exactly the right way to say it.. BUT when you boil it all down and get the end result, and if it was not what is/was intended then it's broken/ incorrect . And frankly they have had 5 worlds and months of hindsight........quit bandaiding the problems and fix it all at once

My suggestion for how to handle what I perceive to be a problem of boredom once towns had maxed out, would be to have a demolish buildings option, whereby you can raise say the tailor to the ground, and be able to build again for the chance to different items.

And although I cannot speak for the devs but I think this is not about boredom but more about just how fast an organized town can be built/maxed IE: to slow that down is what this change is about

The bottom line there is nothing wrong with slowing down the construction it's a needed change.... but the growth would also be MUCH further slowed down with other needed changes.. like fixing the ability to "power build" your char to jobs that shouldn't be reached before your char level is in midgame range.. (IE: mid to high 30's up to your 40's)

in example: trading with indians 2*trading 2*appearance 1*trapping
with best gear options you can do it @ level 19 223 skill job and the way they have designed many of the jobs is 100 skjill jobs to be reached @ level 20ish.. 200 skill jobs @ 30ish.. 300 etc... but then there are these Ill skilled jobs which you can power build to which really throw the balance of the game off..you ask how....

if I can reach a very high luck job @ 19 and start getting items worth up to 1200$$ on a regular basis I unbalance the cash flow that Should be coming into the town... the Jobs that you should be doing in your 20's provide items worth a maximum of about 120$.. but then along comes me.. and 10 others like me.. all getting items worth 1200$ .. it unbalances the game by providing about 100* the intended cashflow the game was designed around!

DeletedUser

I don't think any of the changes so far have really helped my character or town, but that doesn't mean they aren't good changes. I do think building went too fast in towns that had a lot of members, so it's probably best to try to slow it down to give them time to implement other things before everybody's maxed and bored.

This is very unfair. New members will have to work hard to get better items in case for being able doing better jobs, while the old ones will keep on skilling with the best items they got easily! This is very unfair! :huh:

It`s great if you create new job places, but it`s not ok if you change the existing jobs. People are focusing on some jobs like I did with indians and after last update I couldn`t trade with them anymore. This is really annoying!

There are plenty of suggested ideas. Why don`t you update these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.