Website Town Management Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have had an idea to create a town management tool that would help town leaders manage their towns. The tool would collect data by town members copying the treasury log, so this information would be; who deposited money, when it was deposited and how much it was. The tool would have to be hosted offsite (not on the-west) and would require a login to keep your information safe

Town leaders would be able to see how much money each person has deposited by week or day and overall total of money deposited. This would allow for an easy way to keep a track of taxes for each player each week.

Well this is the general idea anyway but could be developed on. I just wanted to know what other people thought of it and if you would actually use it? So let me know your thoughts and if there is enough interest I will develop the Town Management Tool.

Town Management Tool version 1.21

The town management tool can help you organise your town member’s weekly donations and overall statistical money overview. There is some more very helpful features planned in upcoming updates.

Features:

• You can manage all your towns in all worlds on a single account
  • Different users can be allowed access to the same towns(If you want other founder and councillors to have access)
  • Information is displayed in an easy to read layout
  • You can see info on a per week bases
  • You can see the following information per week; name of member, total donated this week, % donated this week, tax due, tax left to pay, total sales for the week and total from all members.
  • You can see info on an overall bases
  • You can see overall the; name of member, total donated and total % donated
  • You can see the grand total of sales and member donations
  • You can copy a link which you can paste into your town forums where members can see how much tax their due.
  • Town logs can easily be imported by a simple copy and paste
  • Managing your towns is easy through the Manage Town control panel, where you can accept/decline access requests.
  • Town Members and their levels are easily imported by doing a simple copy and paste

Take a look at the at: http://west.orkhost.com/

Let me know if you have any problems and what you think of it. Your feedback is most welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No it could be developed to store information on construction times or whatever. As long as the information is available.

DeletedUser

why not just sign in and do it there and this should be in brainfarts

DeletedUser

The point of this is until it's included in the game town leaders have an easy way to see what's happening in their towns. Ideas like this have already been suggested for in game but nothing has happened yet. I put it here as like I just said it has already been suggested in game, also this idea is not an actual in game development.

DeletedUser

but its not for saloon but anyway ypu want the town leaders to be able to see when we deposit money and how much

cause you can do that

DeletedUser

Well I like it. The town log will start being kept for 7 days once the new patch happens instead of the 24 hours as it is now. So the info would be there for town leaders to see anyways. I say go for it. If you want to create a tool so that town leaders don't have to manually input that information into a spreadsheet I say its a fine idea.

DeletedUser

First of all this kind of thread should be posted on the ideas & brainfarts section and not here.

Now to the point, this idea has been brought up before and in a better way in my opinion, use the search.

DeletedUser

Well I like it. The town log will start being kept for 7 days once the new patch happens instead of the 24 hours as it is now. So the info would be there for town leaders to see anyways. I say go for it. If you want to create a tool so that town leaders don't have to manually input that information into a spreadsheet I say its a fine idea.

Thank you at least you understand what i'm trying to achieve here. As you said I have heard of people using a spreadsheet before, but this tool would allow you to copy and paste the logs and leaders would see the data displayed nicely.

First of all this kind of thread should be posted on the ideas & brainfarts section and not here.

Now to the point, this idea has been brought up before and in a better way in my opinion, use the search.

As for where this is posted I explained before, and if you notice other outside game tools are posted here. Also again if you had cared to read what was already written, I know it has been said but for "in-game" not a offsite tool like this.

DeletedUser

Microsoft Excel, and host your own FTP site. All is well with the world, have your members put all their information into the FTP every time they do something.

Oh wait, it's a game. Just play it.

DeletedUser

Microsoft Excel, and host your own FTP site. All is well with the world, have your members put all their information into the FTP every time they do something.

Oh wait, it's a game. Just play it.

Yes this maybe one way of doing it, but would be a lot of hassle for the members and leaders. The way I'm thinking is a much easier solution to the problem.

Also I don't run or own a town I am just a member of one. I was planning on developing the tool for the-west community, so would save my time and effort not to make it.

DeletedUser1105

I understand what you are getting at Eddy. I can definately see the benefits to it.

DeletedUser

As a town leader of big town (made from 2 towns; 90+ people) a say - we really need such tool. Now we are doing our accounting with Exel. Any help in improving this situation would be ussefull.
Thank you for this initiative.

DeletedUser

Also again if you had cared to read what was already written, I know it has been said but for "in-game" not a offsite tool like this.

I read it and frankly I don't get why we need an offsite one.

DeletedUser

Thank you gem. I love this idea, but an offline one I hate- people wouldn't do it, or would put in untrue stuff.

DeletedUser

Our towns have minimal donation requirement ($245/week). Have you ever tried to calculate how much each player donated? have you ever needed to learn how much money town builders are using in a week and how much people donated in total? how many hours builders have build? That is a very ussefull information in managing town, setting minimal donation amount, how many builders (and who) you need on active duty and how many you need to put in reserve, etc.

As i imagine this tool - only responsible people for accounting/town founders would need to use it and copy/paste information in it. Others could see summary if they had a link.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5046

Our towns have minimal donation requirement ($245/week). Have you ever tried to calculate how much each player donated? have you ever needed to learn how much money town builders are using in a week and how much people donated in total? how many hours builders have build? That is a very ussefull information in managing town, setting minimal donation amount, how many builders (and who) you need on active duty and how many you need to put in reserve, etc.

quote]

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=7170 i think tis might help you...

DeletedUser

Thank you. Of course restricting who can build and who can not would be good. But here we are talking about town management - that is absolutely different thing (we are not using exel to restrict people from building).
For people that are not town founders it might be hard to understand, but it is really needed thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.