Feedback Speedevent - March(ing)!

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
The discussions were mutual accusations that have no purpose here. If you have something to complain about, do it at support.

Sequoyah

Let's try to stay on topic, leave aside the accusations, there is no point here. If you have something to complain about a player, you can do so at support.
Although I agree I'd like to know why my post has been removed. :boone:

I was saying my town was having fun and thanking various people ...

Hoping (against hope?) to have an explanation...

DeletedUser15368

Let's try to stay on topic, leave aside the accusations, there is no point here. If you have something to complain about a player, you can do so at support.
I do appreciate the sentiment, but a lot of relevant stuff was deleted, i'm pretty sure you're meant to just edit out the rule breaking parts and leave the discussion.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Although I agree I'd like to know why my post has been removed. :boone:

I was saying my town was having fun and thanking various people ...

Hoping (against hope?) to have an explanation...
When the thread breaks down into player vs player attacks, the forum moderator steps in and generally will just delete everything going back to some point in time.

If you believe your specific post should be restored, please request it via the support system, not here.

NikosGr1

Just realized that we don't have Fort Battle today
In fact, since some people may be busy for online participation those hours that the Fort Battles are fixed(~21:00) , I think the following should be more fair for such events:

- 3 Fort Battles every day, starting after the 2nd day of the speed server (so that everyone & forts are prepared) , with a gap of ~4-5 hours between each other , so that everybody can participate

If most people can make clicks for 6+ hours daily, why they can't participate in ~2.5 hours of Fort Battles? :rolleyes:

Hello, here is my own feedback.
This event is a very good idea for fort fighters, we missed such event for long.
Usual speed events are for individual play and individual rewards. Fort battles are ridiculous there.

However I can imagine some improvements :

1. In the advertising of the event, the focus was made on "speed" but not much on "fort battles" that can explain several registrations were for speed instead of fort battles. May be also need to focus on active players needed. We want real good balance battles! With good lead, fort fulfilled, online players that follow orders, follow strategy, make money to buy stuff, construct forts...

2. The first day (for the vote) was too long without instructions and/or the first battle come too early. More time is needed between the end of the vote and the first battle in order to organize the teams, the town, the classes and tactics.... even launch some maneuvers to test tactics, compare damages... or to improve players in learning sector names, how to swap... or to understand different leaders speaking...

3. The "town leader" is a good idea and must have a seperate role from the battle leaders. It was well described in the rules of the event, I didn't feel it in practice. It seems to me like the town leader was the main battle leader.
(thanks to "you know who" for harassing us for farming and everything needed :D)

4. Town Shops are equal from the cities, this is necessary. But Giving all items allowed in "Admin town" could unbalance sides, priority given to people able to spam money 10h/day (or more, my gosh). What is the aim of the event for Inno? giving fun or having connected players the whole day. I would prefer to give a small set of available items on town shops. There will be always a competition to the higher upgraded items but in a limited way.

5. Despite the fact it could be part of a tactic, there were to much forts to build :p. So I understand the possibility given, even if we don't use it.

6. The time chosen for battles suits me well. In order to maximize the number of online players for balance battles, it's good to choose the better attendance. Which interest to have participants off in a championship?

7. Small forts and rewards. As you give reward on minimum number of fort battles played, don't program battles on small forts, where fighters will be kick off. If you force them to sign and to be at fort to compete for the reward, it disrupts the positionning plan established by leaders, and the fairplay within the team.

I am disappointed that not enough fort fighters join this event. I am pretty sure that with too much registrations the west team would have added towns and redrawn the timetable. :) The most registrations will show the interest of the west community in Fort Battles. :(

For further variation of this kind of Fort Battles Event, refer to what have been done in the past on several servers.

Thanks to Syntex and his team that make it possible. Thanks to my townies and our leaders. Thanks for open discussions on appropriate gears and classes....
It could have be better, but at least it exists.

Julie

JWillow

3 fort battles per day< that statement proves without a doubt you have no clue about how much coordination and work the battle leaders and town leaders do to prepare for each battle.

1 battle for a player doing the bare minimum, sure that only takes a little more than an hour if the battle runs for full 55 rounds.

But 1 battle for anyone leading or organizing the team, that is a multiple hours of ensuring players are ready with gear, buffs, and understand the topic. Also some members of the team are always there before battle to help anyone with gear or money, as not every team member has the time to farm for hours a day.

On a fort battle based competition, only one battle should be dug a day. The players of international are from around the world, getting everyone caught up and organized for one battle is enough work for what looks to be 3 main leaders.

I will say thank you to the event team for making this speed, it has been so what fun. There is room for improvement, like for sure one in explaining what matters most in a fort battle world is the willingness to work as a team to a common goal.

Also on the matter of gringo:

I understand the player not happy with no gringo offered(I would have suggested clothes as an option), as the some players want to obtain gringo but they want to do so by not having to give 24/7 attention to the speed world. So many put forth wanting a fort battle speed world, as non stop clicking should not be the main focus. As someone who gets very ill pushing the limits of my body, I understand some players unwillingness to do that to themselves, it is very unhealthy and the toll I pay, I wouldn't wish on anyone. So please do consider for a fort battle competition that gringo clothes as a reward. Now I will suggest something longer, say 2-3 months of small battles, now 2-3 weeks of the 2-3 months I would expect it to be team building/town building/practice before real battles are fought. Also for gringo prizes high online presence at battles and maybe even a rating from town leaders on a participants team skills.

Now for the ones that don't want gringo at all, they feel that because they have any interest in speeds, that they shouldn't be affected by what they don't like. That is like saying union should never have been sold because not everyone is interested in spending real money on a game. As long as nugget sets are introduced in the game, I don't think speeds should not have something worth earning for the amount of time it takes up.
I will agree, the weapons should be offered less often, but clothing pieces are hardly game breaking.

So I hope for the next fort battle competition you will rethink not allowing gringo clothes to be part of the prizes, as there are more players that would turn out if the requirement is not having to spend 24/7 in front of a screen.

Hope the event team doesn't get discouraged, oh and sorry if I have in anyway abused any of the team in this post. I am trying my best to be less abusive.

NikosGr1

Most people have been clicking for so many hours, that they achieved to get lvl 3+ equipment.
Wouldn't those hours be better used in Fort Battles instead of clicking? (even with lvl 1 equipment)
About Gringo clothes - weapons, there has been a lot of fuss in general. I think that Gringo should be TOTALLY removed from speed events/fort battles, and be accessible through nuggets - in a high price eg.
At same time, speed servers/fort battle events could give much higher nuggets compensation with which a f2p player will be able to acquire the Gringo clothes/weapons.
That way it will be more fair for both people who are f2p and people who are p2w (a f2p who has time to play speed server will acquire Gringo = same with a p2w who doesn't have this time due to his work, but has the ability to buy it with nuggets)

Sequoyah

Most people have been clicking for so many hours, that they achieved to get lvl 3+ equipment.
Wouldn't those hours be better used in Fort Battles instead of clicking? (even with lvl 1 equipment)
In my case, as I am working (and I believe many players are in the same situation), the "clicking" is done around one hour in the morning and 1 hour at lunch time (not long enough for a FF) and around the evening FF. Therefore it would be tricky to fit more than one FFs. It would be interesting to see how many people could actually fit more than 1 FF a day, daily for 10 or 15 days.

NikosGr1

In my case, as I am working (and I believe many players are in the same situation), the "clicking" is done around one hour in the morning and 1 hour at lunch time (not long enough for a FF) and around the evening FF. Therefore it would be tricky to fit more than one FFs. It would be interesting to see how many people could actually fit more than 1 FF a day, daily for 10 or 15 days.
Then maybe the Fort Battle speed server isn't a suitable event for you?
I know that everyone wants to play and enjoy, but since it is speed server, it is a very demanding event and requires many hours of participation.

Last edited:

Sequoyah

Then maybe the Fort Battle speed server isn't a suitable event for you?
I know that everyone wants to play and enjoy, but since it is speed server, it is a very demanding event and requires many hours of participation.
That's why I was wondering how many could. So that the organisers can judge the viability

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
I was banned too , but I didn't cheat.
In fact I didn't put any works in the last 3 days - and my equipment is ~lvl 2 except for weapons lvl 5.
Half the speed server(in both sides) has equipment minimum lvl 3 -4++
How is that possible, I really wonder..........
Was half the speed server banned?
And when I proposed more fort battles per day, many people complained cause of no free time per day, but for clicks they have time....

When a game moderator comes from inside the game (this doesn't happen in all browser games ofc), he needs be fair , honest and he must have distinction on his roles as player and as moderator...
If you have complaints about sanctions, please do so at support, not on the forum.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Of course I did that as well, but I had to reply in the last statement of Darkuletzz , as at the moment there isn't only the case of the ban , but also the defaming issue, which makes every player in the game call me cheater (so it will end like a bullying situation, not enjoying anymore the game and eventually quitting)
If you believe you are being defamed, that is also a matter for the support system, not the forum.