Feedback Update 2.193

Harriet Oleson

In Kansas we have difficulties to build the fair (the world is less and less active); the problem is more regarding the mats to bring than regarding the construction though. But still, I'm not so sure increasing the difficulty would be a good idea. Maybe for active worlds it can be good, but better not implement the same thing in all worlds in that case. Same with the mats : I saw in a previous update, the quantity needed was increased, which can become very problematic in Kansas especially if it's about rare mats. The team should distinguish active and inactive worlds, cause the situation isn't the same for every world.

About this update :
- "new st patrick quests" -> you mean you have added more quests allowing to win golden clovers and gold coins ? (making a bit easier the old multiple and difficult events we have to play at the same time). Or are they quests of a different kind ? (adding to all of this even more stuff to do and making this even more difficult).

- "Now only direct resistance bonus on your clothes can mitigate sector damage and the damage multiplier.
Only the rest of the formula can lower the weapon damage as well.
"-> if I understand correctly : before, the formula of damages received was :
dmg_received = max(0, (opponent_weap_dmg + opponent_sectmult_dmg) - (primary_resistance + secondary_resistance)).
And now, it is :
new_dmg_received = max(0, opponent_weap_dmg - primary_resistance) + max(0, opponent_sectmult_dmg - secondary resistance).
That's it ? Or did you change the formula more deeply than that ?

asdf124

In Kansas we have difficulties to build the fair (the world is less and less active); the problem is more regarding the mats to bring than regarding the construction though. But still, I'm not so sure increasing the difficulty would be a good idea. Maybe for active worlds it can be good, but better not implement the same thing in all worlds in that case. Same with the mats : I saw in a previous update, the quantity needed was increased, which can become very problematic in Kansas especially if it's about rare mats. The team should distinguish active and inactive worlds, cause the situation isn't the same for every world.
I don't think its possible not to rollback an update.

- "Now only direct resistance bonus on your clothes can mitigate sector damage and the damage multiplier.
Only the rest of the formula can lower the weapon damage as well.
"-> if I understand correctly : before, the formula of damages received was :
dmg_received = max(0, (opponent_weap_dmg + opponent_sectmult_dmg) - (primary_resistance + secondary_resistance)).
And now, it is :
new_dmg_received = max(0, opponent_weap_dmg - primary_resistance) + max(0, opponent_sectmult_dmg - secondary resistance).
That's it ? Or did you change the formula more deeply than that ?
What they focused for ff damage is, they wanted to nerf high resistance ie

if someone had 440 resistance, anyone with 400 damage to that person would get 0, which would count as a dodge.

So now, if he had 430 from clothes, he would negate 10 from the other person's weapon damage.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I don't think its possible not to rollback an update.

What they focused for ff damage is, they wanted to nerf high resistance ie

if someone had 440 resistance, anyone with 400 damage to that person would get 0, which would count as a dodge.

So now, if he had 430 from clothes, he would negate 10 from the other person's weapon damage.
I think it would be more correct to say the goal was to de-nerf the beginner bonus. That is the beginner bonus was designed to make lower level players less useless by giving them the equivalent of a +10/+10 att/def buff relative to the veterans getting +2.5/+2.5. The problem is, even if beginners hit 100% of the time It didn’t matter when their 350 damage was negated by 400+ resistance

Fundamentally resistance was not intended to zero out hits.

Therefor,ways were sought to give those hits some damage without dramatically altering the dynamics of the vast majority of shots.

While I favor different approaches I believe this one is an excellent compromise for the competing interests.

I do worry about the potential unintended consequences as players alter their strategies in unanticipated ways (Ie noobs/tanks opting for guns with more raw damage) but I think this mitigated most of those better than the risks of other approaches.

Beefmeister

can you multiply all of those by 10? i got all of them already
also, why don't the selling achievements have red ones?

Last edited:

asdf124

I've completed a load of the new achievements, but they are not registering on account.
pickup anything old and it'll register.

edit: it has to be in the corresponding category, ie, alliance, town, world. Bought/sold. Picking up money/items bought.

Last edited:

kenau

not for everyone, it's true...but most of the people is in don't care status regarding the achievements...

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
not for everyone, it's true...but most of the people is in don't care status regarding the achievements...
Perhaps if they introduce an achievement ranking/leaderboard more players will become interested.