Discussing how we can improve Fort Battle rebalancing

it's time for a STANDING COMMITTEE!!! \o/

this would be perfect

2 mods from elevnar, 1 former community manager, alliance leader from searchers and Aragon alliance
member from nuns of holy toledo as impartial observers
Niklas86 as committee secretary
Annie Bell as committee spokesman
former moderator and eminent player foscock as committee chairman

I feel this is the PERFECT, most unbiased and well informed group to decide on the future of forts on colorado

Darkuletzz

The other worlds doesnt matter, except probably Arizona, rest of them are dead and buried, we can make a memorial for every one of them at the start of october.

Abydos1

Colorado is the only world that matters since it is the only non premium world left in the game...

asdf124

Colorado is the only world that matters since it is the only non premium world left in the game...
You do realize how silly this is? Due to events, it doesn't actually matter if a world is premium or not. The real reason why I dislike colorado is due to how egoistic/arrogant the people play in it are. Not all of em but your statement just proves my point some of these people exist.

Isn't the per tile distance penalty too much penalizing? I get it that peeps shouldn't not miss each round. Also the design of this change is against both, tanks and leadership, question is how to balance it when factoring insane sets like john bull/cortina, and union.

Kidd Kalypso

To be honest, with the amount of skills all gear gives(nugget sets, store clothes, etc) there really is not that much difference between Colorado(which is not a "non premium" by the way....those don't exist anymore) and the full premium world's.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
To be honest, with the amount of skills all gear gives(nugget sets, store clothes, etc) there really is not that much difference between Colorado(which is not a "non premium" by the way....those don't exist anymore) and the full premium world's.
Yes, Colorado is a "limited Premium" world; For whatever reason Inno HQ continues to maintain the position that that status excludes it from migration protocols with Full Premium worlds and has not been persuaded otherwise despite many compelling arguments from many sources.

DeletedUser15368

There's two differences between Full premium worlds, and Limited premium worlds - Colorado being the last example of such a world.

1. Skill points buying.
Once upon a time, we used to get the majority of our skills from our character. Levelling up, doing quests for SP/AP and buying skill points were how we made our characters better. Now that we get the vast majority of our skills points from gear, and getting better gear is the primary way to improve our characters, this is irrelevant.

Not counting sales, for 100 euros you can buy 4850 nuggets = 22 skill points.
You can get around 38 skill points from repeatable quests per year.

2. Energy refill.
You can pay, I believe, 18 nuggets to refill your HP.
Now that the prevalence of energy restoring buffs is so high, and the regeneration sets are so strong - and also that this world is like 12 years old, it's not going to have any effect on competitive fairness - this is irrelevant, but also a potential revenue stream for the game, since the last few whales are likely on the last viable world.

We need to have a serious conversation about changing Colorado's premium status, and allowing migrations from dead worlds into worlds like Arizona, Colorado, and instead of opening a new world this year, open a Migration World instead.

Kidd Kalypso

@Syntex because he has the same powers available as Nyborg had.

''You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”
You are pretty delusional with that statement.......
I will let you figure out if Syntex has the pull besides passing on up the ladder....where it will be promptly round filed into the trashcan.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
You are pretty delusional with that statement.......
I will let you figure out if Syntex has the pull besides passing on up the ladder....where it will be promptly round filed into the trashcan.
Well, in fairness, the first step would be convincing Syntex that Colorado wants to change to full premium, such as petitioning him to conduct a login survey on the matter.

Darkuletzz

^ I will not change a full premium world, just let people migrate there :) 50 skill points doesnt matter now.

DeletedUser15368

I feel like @Syntex probably won't pass this on, and @mnnielsen comes from .dk, where 600 players is an astronomically large value to her, so there's not a lot of sympathy for the migrant cause.

So.. I don't know who we need to have the conversation with. A good first step would be if one of the two CM's could get an actual explanation from the office regarding their thoughts on Full vs Limited Premium in 2023. They may be so out of touch - like with everything else - that it's simply a lost cause.

DeletedUser15368

There you go! See everyone is starting to see what Inno is clearly showing us all.
I'll play devil's advocate and also say that fort battle formula changes are coming steadily now, and I'm happy with that and the commitment to further balancing. There's never been a better time to merge the worlds with no PvP with the worlds with some PvP to make more worlds with PvP.

They don't even necessarily have to close the outwardly-bound migrant worlds. If the argument is that it has been determined that these words have enough clicks-per-second to be considered "active", even without PvP or an active economy, then what tangible difference to the gameplay would it make to the remaining populations if some high level accounts went to contribute to the PvP and economy on other worlds.

Beta has two worlds, in which the migration routes have been open since migrations were introduced as a feature. They can just leave migration routes open and let the players work out where they want to play with their character, considering it takes years of the not-fun stuff to reach competitive levels on the older, active PvP worlds.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
I feel like @Syntex probably won't pass this on, and @mnnielsen comes from .dk, where 600 players is an astronomically large value to her, so there's not a lot of sympathy for the migrant cause.

So.. I don't know who we need to have the conversation with. A good first step would be if one of the two CM's could get an actual explanation from the office regarding their thoughts on Full vs Limited Premium in 2023. They may be so out of touch - like with everything else - that it's simply a lost cause.
Guys, once you have asked me this, and I told you that I will forward your suggestion in regards of making Colorado a premium world. I received the answer that they will look into it and get back to me when there is a decision.

Of course, we will do a survey, but only if there is any chance that we may change the settings.

Beefmeister

you guys wanna make cash cows stronger and don't know how apparently :lol:
let them migrate premiums to colorado if you're really that set on it but don't make it a premium world because it'll be worse

i'm agasint both