Feedback Gift Hunt and Holiday Sale 2022

Tom Nixon

I think it would be a good idea to:
1. Improve old sets
As someone who came back after a long break, it is sad to see Natty Bumpoo and other older known sets being basically useless.
Instead of creating ever never and more powerful sets, why not just update the stats and bonuses of old ones?
Similarly to regular shops items being updated to scale with level where they used to just give static bonuses
(This is mostly reflecting to this new cowboy costume set which just feels forced)

2. Merge more servers
I saw you did this with a few servers, but you could do way more. This would consolidate playerbase to less realms and maybe allow for more active fortbattle scene and so on. (Kind of unrelated to christmas, but I just never understood why you wouldn't merge servers)

3. Make 2018 chests purchasable during the event similar to 2019 2020...
I don't see why not at least.

Poker Alice

The cowboy costume gift. Great gift for someone who wants to play the lone ranger with someone else. If they don't play nice, stick the little hatchet in their skull. Kindaof reminds me of Lawn Darts out of the sixties.;)

asdf124

Can you clarify if the added horsey sets(Paden,, perry, charlie sets etc) would be in their chests, or bags this year?(2022 bags, or 2022 chests)

Edit: John bull weapons/james brook weapons.

If not, can you at least put them in the premium category in the wiki, please and thank you.

Harriet Oleson

The gift hunt 2020 questline was appearing at the saloon until yesterday; today it doesn't show up anymore. But while there weren't any wolf tooth, christmas chocolate etc at the shop during this time allowing to play these questline, I see here you're putting these items at the shop starting tomorrow. What the point to sell quest items AFTER the questline's end ? Shouldn't you have put these items at the shop one week ago instead of tomorrow ?

Harriet Oleson

The gift hunt 2020 questline was appearing at the saloon until yesterday; today it doesn't show up anymore. But while there weren't any wolf tooth, christmas chocolate etc at the shop during this time allowing to play these questline, I see here you're putting these items at the shop starting tomorrow. What the point to sell quest items AFTER the questline's end ? Shouldn't you have put these items at the shop one week ago instead of tomorrow ?
Ah, the questline gift hunt 2020 is appearing again. Don't know why it was appearing before that and disappeared yesterday lol. But well, whatever, things feel more appropriate now.

Dubjean

Here we go again! Those of us that take time to spam jobs to get the 100 gifts, or whatever, should at least be able to do the quests without asking for items that are in the drops. It is very frustrating to spend all that time and game energy and get useless sets from years ago. The types of drops should be changed and the products needed should be increased. It's bad enough that the drop rate for the gifts is already bad.

Beefmeister

what exactly is wrong with the useless sets from years ago? you get free money, bonds, buffs, free premium. nobody forces you to do it - get the presents. and you can do the quest without farming them, buying the requirements on the market or from shop when they go on sale

what exactly is wrong with the useless sets from years ago? you get free money, bonds, buffs, free premium. nobody forces you to do it - get the presents. and you can do the quest without farming them, buying the requirements on the market or from shop when they go on sale
Agreed, people are always complaining… the quest is not game changer, so what’s the point to waste your time on it?
I personally enjoy this event, in the perfect context, as beefmeister said, and I think most players, particularly free to play, will appreciate it as I do.

Would you rather have 15 various useless sets or more bonds/buffs? Also, the point is Inno used to have the quest and click 1500+ times separate. If a char didn't have hours to spend tediously clicking, they could still complete the quest.

Beefmeister

Would you rather have 15 various useless sets or more bonds/buffs? Also, the point is Inno used to have the quest and click 1500+ times separate. If a char didn't have hours to spend tediously clicking, they could still complete the quest.
i'm ok with the useless sets cuz i sell em to trader for money...
of course i'd like more bonds but i'm content with what those boxes offer, for now...

as i said, the quest can still be done when the quest items go on sale or just from other players who are ok farming those, like me. i have surplus quest items on every server i farmed the boxes

Selling in the shop is equivalent to admitting the items needed for quests shouldn't be part of random click-click event. It's a broken structure. It's a simple ask, why so much animosity against putting it back the way it was - mindless 1500+ clicks should be a stand-alone task, enjoyed by chars that have nothing better to do in life or utilize auto-clickers.

Dubjean

Selling in the shop is equivalent to admitting the items needed for quests shouldn't be part of random click-click event. It's a broken structure. It's a simple ask, why so much animosity against putting it back the way it was - mindless 1500+ clicks should be a stand-alone task, enjoyed by chars that have nothing better to do in life or utilize auto-clickers.
Agreed. The big issue is if I am getting the 100 gifts then I should not have to buy the quest items from anywhere else. I should be able to complete the quest which means the drops should be calculated accordingly. This is a feedback thread and I am giving my feedback, I don't know why everything is always seen as a complaint and not how things could be improved, when asked.

DeletedUser15368

The thing about quest items from loot-tables, is that they aren't removed from the pool of possible loot once you have it. If they raised the drop-rate, we'd possibly be getting too many of the quest items, and not enough of the useful stuff.

The real solution is making the quest items, the collector cards - all the useless stuff - a one-time drop, with a high drop chance, so you complete the quest (if you want to) and then get the goodies from the loot-box.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
The thing about quest items from loot-tables, is that they aren't removed from the pool of possible loot once you have it. If they raised the drop-rate, we'd possibly be getting too many of the quest items, and not enough of the useful stuff.

The real solution is making the quest items, the collector cards - all the useless stuff - a one-time drop, with a high drop chance, so you complete the quest (if you want to) and then get the goodies from the loot-box.
The issue is they are using single item openables and need to find a balance between putting enough of each quest item in the wild and the other items.

Better would be if they switched to a multi-item container like the crafting bags and upped the quest items enough to ensure opening all of them would make the odds of being short less than 0.1%

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
FTR, the crafting bag situation on the speed server is effectively serving as a bit of a test on using multi-item containers in the kind of volumes these clicky events have.

I don’t know the mechanics but my guess is the multi-item containers basically act like a yes/no spin for each possible item, which is ~100x the load of a single-item container

Tom Nixon

It would be a good idea to make buy orders possible on the marketplace.
So right now I can go to the town, open the marketplace and post a sale order and if people click on it, they gave me the money and purchased the products.

But I can't post a buy order like "I want to buy 10 oranges for 1000$", and people could walk up there and sell me the oranges and get money in return.