Feedback Fort Battle Balancing Event

foscock

Banned
You were out for from like august 2021 to july-august 2022, someone missed you? No. If you quit for sure no one will miss you like any of us from colorado that will quit latter. The world it's bigger than your self-pride or any other player self pride.
i was out? Are you sure? Hey wait, aren't you the guy that said his town won't go to battles because you lost one? yep, that was you.
Yes, that was youyes, i'm the sole reason people leave this game...

but no i don't see tanks as people that worship me, i don't need any worshipping...that's stupid to say because for example in looney tunes all tanks hide behind me, except slepnor, twd and a few more i can count on one hand.
tanks should just play their roles as i play mine. if they are capable of that good...if not...well

and yes, i didn't see any message cuz i was doing something more important :lol:
See right there, that is the reason people hate damagers that ***** about leads and say " i was doing something more important". 6-7 rounds later, when battle is already decided, you mount.

It's funny you and dark agreeing to hate an advent, the class that that saves your arse pretty much every defense, while you're busy elsewhere.

Beefmeister

i was out? Are you sure? Hey wait, aren't you the guy that said his town won't go to battles because you lost one? yep, that was you.

See right there, that is the reason people hate damagers that ***** about leads and say " i was doing something more important". 6-7 rounds later, when battle is already decided, you mount.

It's funny you and dark agreeing to hate an advent, the class that that saves your arse pretty much every defense, while you're busy elsewhere.
mate i was doing something in real life...jesus christ :lol:

foscock

Banned
Except, you move every other round, and mount when battle is decided. Not just last battle, but damn near every battle. Somehow, rl only intervenes when it's convenient.

And tbh beef it's not just you, it's pretty much 50% of every damager on colo. Move when ordered? never gonna happen, so how can a leader lead that sort of rabble?

This is why we don't need mod-controlled rules for a world. If the players are too "busy" to actually play, why make rules for the other 99%?

Beefmeister

idk mate i have no reason to lie about anything because i don't give a single **** about your opinion or anyone else's opinion...so you can believe whatever you want, at the end of the day...this game is my playground and you're just a noob with a big mouth

Lyrinx.

Aight, everyone chill, this is a update thread not a "whats up colorado" one. Lets focus on the update.

So far, how you guys like it / hate it?

Last edited:

RaiderRt

What's so surprising about this thread becoming Colorado thread? You guys are asking players about their opinion and Colo is the only alive world. Who do you expect to discuss? Players from world 1 that doesn't even exist anymore or what. Every update in the future is going to be discussed from Colorado's perspective because it's the only world that matters and you should get used to it.

Annie-Bell

and there lies the problem of perception of fairness to all players

and full circle .. didnt read all but just re-affirms my original gut feeling ... let's face it .. this game never been fair,, i have no idea how many times i have read or talked to people who feel unheard or say same thing for 7=10 years and inno doesnt hear and now we are at place where inno involvment in worlds or threat of is becoming commonplace. Players that put in hours of work into various worlds are never talked to but the more vocal, and yes less efrrot more talk peeps seem to have goobers ear and wihin he last year, inno involvement has increased significant in prior player or team activities.

Dont have issue with reshuffling, as said to jerry years ago, and just againt yesteday when he would state his plans for colo that colo is more colo players world then his or mine .. we are newer players there. Why colo was so successful for 10 whatever years was the reshuffling and yeah no a "family" "freinds" and reshuffle but there was still that core people orientated factor that weighed in , not just swap around for someone's perception of balance that doesnt consider factors like no leaderrs, no idea what meant when towers changed cause changed for next one (as some said there were many in ff chat saying tired of being used as Guiana pigs or will not come to battle, no one seems to hear them or care and wow people saying to 12 year old vet that has done more for his game then most of you combined and that no one will miss .. is a problem. At least from perspective of players that appeciate the game for learning from vets (the reshuffles the low level players will always be forgotten or no relationships builit or help with gear or to learn ff) ..to me that is problem and shrinks what made groups great ..

to comment above was told balance and reshuffle comes first in colo - thats fine, but dont thow baby out with bathwater .. people stay in this game that is outdated, every new update or questline has bug or two, no advertising and yet they are still loyal to game .. if they wee simply interested in coming online to do an activity build no relationships pick berries or do church then could easily do in any game. People stay in this outdated game cause of 10 year friendships and learning from each other, know foscock above alot havent seen as we did, every new player that was enthusiastic he took under his wing and they became better players.. people say im good at game in ff's part .. it is because of valuing the essence of the game. Why would people help each other with gear or buffs or anything if no relationships built, have no idea of skills of individual players as dont get o know them.

In terms of this last year have seen more inno involvement in things that inno never involved itself in again (ie goober) some are quite pleased. I assure you some are not. Some examples is someone hated spies, acutally would sign up for battles and spy but besides point, so goober offerred up that will wok with players to ban independents from ff's if called spy (which we know will be abused), we all dealt with spies.. i mean what? why? could be RL reasons or worse yet the trashy duel 5 min before battle so dont get to battle and then run to goober to get banned, even kicking them from alliance so they ae "independent" .. inno sticking nose where it dont belong. Another example was some players spamming half stories of wolds that were doing "fun ff's" while other team boycotted which meant giving forts to few towns and having daily battles, they spam half story to goober who says okay should disallow gifted forts and disallow domination of forts without ever talking to others of why domination or that offer half forts back billion times. There has been many examples, seen in vegas inno stop multis but somehow allow jerry to dig 5multis in 5 min and call it a strategic dig .. do we feel heard too ... certaintly not . With multis kuro (prior CM, which whatever but at least he saw multis as problem and would shut it down). What i havent seen is when some teams suffer 100 ff losses in row that were so hard to keep team together and no one from other side would ever dream of helping and didnt see inno involvement there or in another world (fb) whee one side took all med/large forts and now no alot of ff's same thing .. have whispeed tonnes of independent players but they will not stop supporting the dominating team do we see inno involvement when 84v40 battles? we didnt ask to b be fair but seeing how others ask and get does lead to sense of unfairness or no being heard.

Heard thru grapevine that after colo reshuffle goober going to dissolve team in juaerez and reshuffle there, again without understanding that boycotting and bashing balanced fights was problem and only messes with players that did nothing wrong. In many worlds there is no ff's for many reasons and those not looked at .. so please just may chill down on inno involvment. I did mention prior but no recobnition from inno .. that idaho is the oddball world where none of us had choice but inno put 14 year players who side on one side with 4 year old players (newer world) .. had ff saw that will be impossible to ever have a chance with such small group but half team has 10 years more of xp therefore levels against smaller team .. not faulting the migrators but keenly aware that hearing goober going to reshuffle juarez after colo when inno had made mistake of migrating 14 year players in 4 year old world -= no ff's.

In terms of deadeye jerry, lnix and goober in charge of colo reshuffle, i get that reshuffle part of colo (again dont throw baby out with bathwater) but it is more of WHO is doing it .. when i see people aboce saying people dont matter .. to me iin a game that is supposed to be players game .. is a problem. Ofc most know that i spend great deal of time not to have anyhing to do with jerry given years of who he is .. get he is inno mod and event manager now (thus adds to feeling that inno only hears some)... but one thing we all can say is jerry plays game for jerry and his team. I do hope that reshuffle involves a bit more people then just the 3 above. Im not alone in that feeling, when jerry and lynix lead a battle for us (losses, they spent alot of time talking of their team), had about 26 whispes or messages of concerns

but bottom line is .. people in this game do matter, you silly if you think otherwise. But fully agee this last year, way to much inno involvement in typical player stuff hat had been in place for last 13 years. For me full circle of why i see where the problems are.

DeletedUser15368

Jeez... um... maybe we could revive the world colorado forum for this.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Hey Everyone,

I would like to address all the concerns related to this topic.

First of all, Goober Pyle is in the team to help with the Fort Battles, he joined to rebalance them how much is possible from the Community Management part and does not need development power. He is here to help, as all we are. He also organizes a lot of FF related events for you, like Awesomia battles.

• Important: All the changes, events and initiatives (such as limit changes, downgrading forts etc) are announced in the forum, in the Fort Battles sub-forum, you can find information also here: Community Project: Fort Limit Rebalancing. Latest announcement: Fort Battle Balancing Event
  • Votes: Based on the feedback received, we will from now on create in-game polls to vote about our initiatives. We will do them only if at least 51% of voters agree with it.
  • Alliance reshuffle: there is no such plan from our side. The initiative is just to offer some results of possible rebalancing, along with providing the opportunity to play in different teams. You can play with whoever you want and be in whatever alliance you would like to be part of, only for this special event there will be 'join restrictions' for these particular battles, but that does not mean that you need to leave your friends/alliance/town.

Also, I would like to highlight the fact that everyone can share their feedback about these initiatives here on the forum, or directly through the support system. Goober is here to listen and help you in finding the best fort battle experience. I am sorry to hear that some of you are dissatisfied with this, I would like to invite you to discuss this topic further. If you believe that you could help in this project and work with us, please feel free to message me and we can talk about how you could feel more part of it.

We are always open to hear your feedback, in fact we are doing all these initiatives for making the fort fights more enjoyable for you; so please do not hesitate to share with us if you have any improvement ideas or feedback.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter!

Annie-Bell

thank you, and pls dont get me wrong, i dont blame goober, its natural to hear the greasy wheels just know that what is being communicated is not reflective of what many in game say on a day to day basis (i recruit for 5 worlds so talk to lots of people), and people have stopped giving input, would luv to see that change so that it does improve sense of all being heard.

Things that were addessed was in colo 10 gringo gun to 3 which was a problem, tho not re-balanced at that time. Do appreciate inno hearing to stop giving out gun set as prizes in events that some choose not to go to.

I know the discussion of closing worlds and letting people take their toons to go to other worlds, have a whole group in houston that wanted ff's but regadless of what we tried, and offerred and fun battles was all turned down, would luv to pick them up and bring to lets say fairbanks (my view vegas fb AZ colo are most viable to expand as biggest loyal player base for older worlds and lots in new world). Also for migrations instead of plopping 14 year players into 4 year old world or dead-ish word (el dor, galv, briscoe, etc). Know new M world coming and think will be very popular esp appealing to players that are newer to game, do know there is he typical patten of groups running to new world, building super alliances then backing off then coming on strong preparing for next new world, which leaves the juaez, kansas, eventually vegas into infrequent, would love some ideas to beat that before happens again in M world.

THank you for your response and appreciate and encourage others to take synxtex advise to share feedback.

Annie-Bell

annie i want some of whatever you're smoking because it's probably better than what i took to read your whole post

lol .. would luv to share but ..... no :D only meant for squirels!

its okay but very glad i posted knowing that is the thoughts of many that are not posting here, end of day, it is a game that should consider people else .. there is no people.

Victor Kruger

Omg are you all on goober koolaid? Does any fort fighter here actually want to go back to defending by bailing inside? Sit and huddle like little worms for 40 rounds, and hope to survive last round flag rush? Why is that fun for anyone? Beef won't walk to flag, and 9 out of 10 Goober won't either.

The "bigger picture" is that many of us, that just want competition instead of oversight, don't want to go back to the ****ty days where we cower inside for 40 rounds. Sorry for you Beef, you may have to actually move occasionally. At one point we had a decent balance where defenders could stay in towers, and attackers had a chance, but that went away after ONE BATTLE where Goober's "data" said,

Vic, you've been around long enough to understand, an attack should only win if it's been led well, and has decent attendance. In Goober world, we get to cross fingers and hope 1 person survives every defense. Don't take my word for it, go look at the last 2-3 weeks.

My biggest complaint is Goober pressuring towns and alliances to break up. Towns are full of friends that play together for years in many cases, and are the reason why people even log on to a game that has ben abandoned by the devs. And his latest idea, make forts unwinnable, that was last straw for me. Sorry but that's the height of Inno taking over, and players don't matter.

To be clear, no mod, or pseudo mod, from inno, should make server wide decisions about ff's without a discussion, and by discussion, not just discuss amongst your friends.

Why is that a problem for anyone?

Hey Fos :)

We see some things a little different is all ... Defending by bailing in and drip feeding towers would in time ofc results in the fish in a barrel scenario..but appropriate attacks killed that off years ago . Now its back so must find the way again and i see that happening already ...... experimentation with battle strategies to counter changes is playing catch up thats all .. both attack & mostly defence will have to adapt. Do you remember when all def had to do was hug the flag with 50 or so offline ? thats when they adjusted the zone penalties yet attacks had already figured out how to shred that by the X formation south. Point is, strategies matter as much as the towers or algo.

One battle gives no solid data i agree but im unaware of the example your giving here tbh.

Your right in an ideal world, attack should only win with a decent lead and strategy ofc .. but then so should defence to a point ..its been way too easy defending for years so people assume defending easily should be that way but why ? even a v decent attack lead couldnt get anywhere vs even a half baked def & for years ive said the same thing .. def get a hard time they bail, hide and run the clock out .. the end ... Boring as hell & no thank you ( see az) ... so we agree there its no fun being a fish in a barrel but lets be honest... ...defs dont have to play sardines, its a choice and limited once attack can overcome the drip towers with tanks problem , there are other ways to shred an attack thats OP later in the battle. With a decent lead ofc and the right strategy & set up. I've known how to break the sardine drip defence for a decade and im sure others do too or can research themselves on westforts if theres examples that go back far enough. So i dont fear it'll become the norm m8 no

Been back on Colo since 2020 and honestly this summer till now has been the most balanced ive seen it .. the results speak for themselves fos . Forts arnt special like they used to be and certainly not on Colo, they just venues ... if attacks win 30% vs 70% def... thats decent balance in my book.

Re breaking up of towns, groups of social friends moving about etc etc... re every other world wed be in agreement ... but this is Colorado we talking about... tribal sides and attitudes that border on the unhealthy destroy worlds over time always & usually ends up the same way ... with people bailing the world and the most dead ones are those where people will NOT move towns or move sides ............ El Dorado and Houston as perfect examples... lots of dramas and now dead...

See you can fix a world regarding balance and battles where people are willing.... you cant with worlds that become toxic, have bad reputations or getting that way, most players have a low tolerance for it and simply leave or wont attend FF anymore... Jurez is a bit like that now ... i see the state of other worlds no less than you do fos, you can chat to the same people on Colo your talking about hanging with on many of them.. AZ FB, Brisco, Houston etc maybe others .. Always the same core and thats fine if thats ones choice but i dont agree Colo should follow the same mould for the sake of the few to repeat that again no. So ofc to stop that occurring i agree there should be changes from time to time when re balancing .. In the past it was always by volunteer BUT, it always ended up being the same few moving about for the benefit of everyone else and the rest got to enjoy the fruits of others labours, sacrifice and expense ... hows that fair on them ? cos most have m8s they would like to hang with too.... do you think they dont have preferences as well ? I know I do but I just think with Colo theres a long standing historic case of it being better overall to move people about from time to time and proven over 10 years to work out well overall.

Many play in exactly the same teams because habit and tribalism as well as friendship, its also easier for gear, products and everything else with a well oiled family who know each other well .. i get it bud i really do and feel the same about most i know well too TW for many has or is becoming a social platform ... all have friends lists and chats so it should be no biggie to continue socialising. Eg: you can make chat groups etc just like a town chat or have one off board like old times chatango etc.. so your social reasoning honestly dosnt hold water ... people have 15 other worlds to play in carbon copy FF groups & socialise if they wish.. Colo is different like it or not and was always purposely encouraged to shake up sides semi regular when balance required it ... the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.. or the one.

Promoting a community feel globally not just in a town or alliance is i suspect at least partly the key to Colo longevity. I realise you cant really force players to move about ... its more a question of are you in Colo as a social extension of other worlds & comrades or to FF on Colo where things are a bit different and always have been. ?

Now having said all that im not sure Colo atm NEEDS a massive shake up but probably just a moderate to small one.. personally Id let things run until end of November before shuffling about. It could be the issues strategies need to be rethought, im not in the camp of lets change things every time a battle is won too easily or even a few weeks of it... sometimes the pendulum swings back all on its own once people dig deep or rethink strategies.

In my day we wernt allowed to play the world we moderated and that was a good thing. Being neutral was a much easier position to hold without the bias accusations every key moderator has had levied at them who ever played, you included bud & you know the shtick ;)

Last edited:

Annie-Bell

do encourage others to take syntex advise, that forums are meant for all players, thank you for sending that message Syntex it was important.

think people stopped coming to this forum as was kinda 2% giving their analysis of stuff that may not necessary reflect 98%. Its a two way thing, ty for your message syntex == and think good to hear broader voice of all kinda topics.

RaiderRt

do encourage others to take syntex advise, that forums are meant for all players, thank you for sending that message Syntex it was important.

think people stopped coming to this forum as was kinda 2% giving their analysis of stuff that may not necessary reflect 98%. Its a two way thing, ty for your message syntex == and think good to hear broader voice of all kinda topics.
2% is probably how many people know anything about the game so it's maybe better that these ones discuss instead of having clueless people here. Though, to be honest, big part of these 2% have no clue either.