2022 Awesomia battle initiative -- Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefmeister

@Goober Pyle during events, people like to dig Awesomia now and then and digging sooo far in advance (2-3 days) holds it "hostage" where nobody else can dig it...that can be frustrating in some of our worlds where we need Awesomia dug more often...can you not dig them closer together to give others a chance to dig during the time waiting for the GM dug one to come up?
are you for real? :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeletedUser15368

@Goober Pyle during events, people like to dig Awesomia now and then and digging sooo far in advance (2-3 days) holds it "hostage" where nobody else can dig it...that can be frustrating in some of our worlds where we need Awesomia dug more often...can you not dig them closer together to give others a chance to dig during the time waiting for the GM dug one to come up?
laughing-lol.gif

Lyrinx.

God bless the developers that there are 42 other forts what you can dig.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
My goal is to dig with >48h and <72h to go. I don't use an explicit schedule as when I dig is subject to my availability (but generally it's ~06:00 most nights, and if a battle is already queued on one of the worlds I plan to dig, or I crash, or I forget, or am just plain not up to it I skip a night)

What I might be able to offer as an alternative is to "accept donations" -- If a fort owner wishes to donate a fort to the cause I can assign it to New York/ Old Hamburg and set it to be not capturable for the next battle so that a small or a medium (or even a second large) can be dug like awesomia. Anyone planning to dig those forts could request whatever tower/building configuration they like (and join restrictions as well provided I judge them to be in the interest of creating a competitive battle) provided they file a ticket sufficiently far in advance. After the first battle anyone digging that fort could request it be capturable and I would have to oblige (restoring the fort to it's condition when it was donated).

DeletedUser15368

GeQhvoK.png

53 for the GM battle
51 for a legit dig
40 and 42 for the "hostage situation"

I think the people of that particularly dead world have spoken, but fair play to you Goob for entertaining such suggestions and even coming up with a better alternative - possibly for a small fort as that is what is viable on that world and would improve the quality of their... "battles".

NovaStar

FWIW, not everyone plays on Colorado, nor does everyone wish to. @lulumcnoob thank you for that illustration given above. You kinda pointed out what I was saying. We are down to nearly no fort diggers or fort leaders for this "dead world" at this time for digging 1 of 42 available forts. As you can see, here, this person in Kara Tepe is not a regular fort digger or leader. He simply dug so people could get pretzels (unfortunately, we only get about half of what you might get in Colorado, but people want them just the same, as we have to dig more often to get what you get in Colorado from just one battle. As you can see, Awesomia was dug twice in 48 hours or less each time, yet right now since GM dug one there, it is STILL 51 hours until that battle takes place and he dug it at least 12 hours or more before now. There is likely to not be any more battles at all dug between now and the time that one takes place, leaving yet at least 2 days now before pretzels can be gained from this battle. There could have been probably 2 more Awesomia battles dug between the time it originaly was dug and the time it takes place. This is the point I was making and I am mainly a spokesperson for others that have brought it to my attention, also.

Another thing brought to my attention. If we are going to do even Awesomia battles, we like the option to have a "start place" that ensures the battle lasts more than 10 rounds or less, rather than the current "suicide only" topic...but, that's yet another subject entirely (again, brought to my attention from others).

The type of responses I was given when I posted on this topic is the very reason that many people do NOT post anything here, rather they prefer someone else to speak on their behalf OR not post at all. Just sayin...

And yes, @Goober Pyle thank you for offering an alternative (although you are asking a lot for someone that normally does not dig a fort as they probably have no idea of "configurations", etc... and well in advance to boot), we simply want to be able to have Awesomia (or alternatives) more often than we have after you dig one ; however, that would also hopefully be someone willing to donate a fort that has most the forts already, which ... well, we'll see.

JWillow

Just to be clear awesomia was always meant to be used for GM digs. Players have 3 forts each in 14 different counties for a reason, why are you trying to monopolize the only GM fort?

How about look for forts in the other 14 counties? Sorry but I have no clue how a world can only have one fort to dig, there are so many forts, you just have to be willing to change your way of thinking.

Maybe instead of calling Goober some kind of pirate, holding a fort hostage, you could have approached him about ways to make other forts available.

Stop relying on awesomia for non GM digs and work to have player built forts for player digs.

NovaStar

@JWillow thank you for your input, but apparently you did not read my entire post, regarding not having hardly any fort diggers or leaders left to dig from the other forts...this is not the only world in this situation. There are now at least 3 to my knowledge for reasons that don't need to be explained in this post...which leaves primarily Awesomia to be dug mostly, and again mostly during events...other times, we'll deal with as we can.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
And yes, @Goober Pyle thank you for offering an alternative (although you are asking a lot for someone that normally does not dig a fort as they probably have no idea of "configurations", etc... and well in advance to boot), we simply want to be able to have Awesomia (or alternatives) more often than we have after you dig one ; however, that would also hopefully be someone willing to donate a fort that has most the forts already, which ... well, we'll see.
the "configurations" is option; In this theoretical scenario people are free to just dig these "Awesomia-small" and "Awesomia-medium" forts and they'd act just like digging Awesomia (until someone decides they want to try to capture it and sends a ticket to that effect)

JWillow

You missed mine as well.

Why can't you dig forts? Because you own them all?

Then how about give Goober permission to take some of the small and keep them as neutral forts?

Would that not be better than going after awesomia, which has a purpose of GM events fort?

NovaStar

no, @JWillow we do not own most the forts, which again was my point when I said "hopefully be someone willing to donate a fort that has most the forts already" which I don't see happening. I'd be more than happy to if we did, so it's really not up to me to be the first to "donate"

However, now that I know that it might could be an alternative, I might would be willing to donate a couple forts ANYway, regardless, but would first like to see if the team that does have the most would be willing first.

NovaStar

the "configurations" is option; In this theoretical scenario people are free to just dig these "Awesomia-small" and "Awesomia-medium" forts and they'd act just like digging Awesomia (until someone decides they want to try to capture it and sends a ticket to that effect)
oh wait :D So, I could donate a non-winnable fort for this purpose, by sending a ticket, BUT...the one that digs it just has to send a ticket to "override" that? Is that what I'm seeing? Well, of course then, it should be the team that has the most forts to donate

JWillow

Logical thinking would say the player who donated would be the one choosing if it was recaptured, say at the end of event, as a way of giving back to the one who donated, but Goober will give official.

I do wish you luck in finding a solution and hopefully one that leaves you with more options than just one fort to rely on. Really it would be better for another solution to be found than just forcing Goober to not have free rein to dig awesomia on his time schedule.

Also a small fort would be better for lower numbers too.

Good luck

NovaStar

@JWillow thank you again and yes, I do hope to find a better alternative, as well. "until someone decides they want to try to capture it and sends a ticket to that effect" sounds like (maybe I misread it), but it sounds like that if I want to dig the donated fort (assumably from other side), and I want to capture it, I would send a ticket? I don't know...I hope I misread it because, if that is correct, then it really is not a valid alternative...

I'd like to stress this is posted on behalf of the NON-Colorado worlds, as Colorado is a totally different animal in every aspect.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Donated forts cannot be kept in GM hands in perpetuity -- it's officially for one fight only, but can stay that way so long as no one wants to make it capturable when they attack it.

He's how it would work:
  1. Black hat from a fort owner town sends a ticket offering a fort for donation to the GM towns.
  2. We confirm they are the owner and change the ownership to New York/Old Hamburg and set it as uncaptuarable.
  3. Anyone may attack it*
  4. After the first battle at the fort completes anyone may attack it*, and optionally may request it be made capturable on their attack; if so, then it will be restored to the configuration it had when it was donated and made capturable.
  5. It is yet to be determined whether I then must leave it capturable or if I can return it to being uncapturable. If so, then it will remain the case that at any time someone digging that fort can request it be made capturable for their attack
* When attacking, unless it is requested to be made capturable you can request the towers/buildings/walls be at any level you like, and you can request join restrictions provided I believe they will improve competitiveness and not be a means of gaming statistics/achievements

JWillow

Oops, guess he does mean anyone can send ticket to have it capturable, so that would be a less than desirable option. As only option to keep donated fort from being captured is to always be the first one to dig.

Also, I play more than just one world. Yes each one have different approaches to fort battles. Especially the very dead world that only has GM digs.

Sorry that it is so hard to work out to have battles, but there is always the option of keep shooting out ideas about making other forts available, you never know when/if one of the ideas will have a chance to bring change for the better.

Lyrinx.

FWIW, not everyone plays on Colorado, nor does everyone wish to.

Thankfully.

We are down to nearly no fort diggers or fort leaders for this "dead world" at this time for digging 1 of 42 available forts. As you can see, here, this person in Kara Tepe is not a regular fort digger or leader. He simply dug so people could get pretzels (unfortunately, we only get about half of what you might get in Colorado, but people want them just the same, as we have to dig more often to get what you get in Colorado from just one battle.

That's great that actually someone can dig fort battles, so you can speak with that player that if Awesomai is not available for some reason, he should dig one of that 42 remaining forts, of course if he wants to. Plus, if you dig multiple forts during events, you can have more pretzels.

As you can see, Awesomia was dug twice in 48 hours or less each time, yet right now since GM dug one there, it is STILL 51 hours until that battle takes place and he dug it at least 12 hours or more before now. There is likely to not be any more battles at all dug between now and the time that one takes place, leaving yet at least 2 days now before pretzels can be gained from this battle. There could have been probably 2 more Awesomia battles dug between the time it originaly was dug and the time it takes place. This is the point I was making and I am mainly a spokesperson for others that have brought it to my attention, also.

As everyone else mentioned before, choose another one. Or, you can ask a neutral town (or one of yours goes neutral during events) to accept x amount fort invitation, leave from those forts, the main digger can dig those from another neutral town, and there you go, you have homemade Awesomia! Simple as riding a bike!

Another thing brought to my attention. If we are going to do even Awesomia battles, we like the option to have a "start place" that ensures the battle lasts more than 10 rounds or less, rather than the current "suicide only" topic...but, that's yet another subject entirely (again, brought to my attention from others).

Goober digs these special battles by himself, plus I'm pretty sure he's doing other tasks too. Do you think he have time to be online in every world, and change topics twice during battles, in the same time?

(the right answer is no)

The type of responses I was given when I posted on this topic is the very reason that many people do NOT post anything here, rather they prefer someone else to speak on their behalf OR not post at all. Just sayin...

You're welcome!

Homemade battles where 2 neutral towns digs each other whenever they want to do anything, or simply just bring back the daily prime battles, even if nobody wants to lead there tho.

But keep in mind: Awesomia is the only fort where every support team can mess around, without causing any problem. Many years ago there were few ideas what we can do there, regardless what's going on the servers. But, they kept that fort for "giveaway battles" and every region using Awe only for this specific reason, which is good for everyone. Well, almost.

Anyway, many solution can be done by players in this case, and I'm pretty sure you can solve this issue by your hand. Idaho needs 2 players, and 20 minutes preparing.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The topics are pseudo randomly selected from a list (weighted so the flag rush ones come up 10% of the time)

Killer Bonnie

@ Goober What if you could reset / ghost all the forts once a year? Don't you do something similar to this for event worlds? If forts could be reset / ghosted (this means actually stripped of any ownership and put back into play ) once a year then Noone would be able to dominate them .

Status
Not open for further replies.