Feedback Duel Event

delldell56

Oh, did you? Then you will be surprised to learn that you're one of my townies who is just sitting there naked :D
LMAO! In the .es server wild things are getting even funnier (and messier). There, it's a hybrid event, meaning dueling/fort fighting. The special rule is that you can only wear the assigned dueling set to duel, without a single change to it; say, if you asked for Jaguar then you must wear full Jaguar to duel, nothing like combining it with a Tailor hat or something else, including upgrading. However, due to a bug, you can only build your town wearing construction gear (Paden Tolbert the popular choice). And of course, you want to wear FF gear for battles, right? BUT, if a dueler manages to catch you in the process of changing/building and one item of the dueling gear is missing, they ban the player on the receiving end of the duel for breaking the rules, not the one who initiated it.

So, since you can't leave town and you don't intend to play, I'd say Pank & Kidd should stay stark naked, get dueled and get banned from the event "for pushing" :'P

PrancingPurplePony

what kind of nonsense was it to allow people to register others that don't even plan/want to take part in the event? Something stinks there. Seems to me that the people that did that should be banned, as well as whoever did the coding to allow such a mess.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
LMAO! In the .es server wild things are getting even funnier (and messier). There, it's a hybrid event, meaning dueling/fort fighting. The special rule is that you can only wear the assigned dueling set to duel, without a single change to it; say, if you asked for Jaguar then you must wear full Jaguar to duel, nothing like combining it with a Tailor hat or something else, including upgrading. However, due to a bug, you can only build your town wearing construction gear (Paden Tolbert the popular choice). And of course, you want to wear FF gear for battles, right? BUT, if a dueler manages to catch you in the process of changing/building and one item of the dueling gear is missing, they ban the player on the receiving end of the duel for breaking the rules, not the one who initiated it.

So, since you can't leave town and you don't intend to play, I'd say Pank & Kidd should stay stark naked, get dueled and get banned from the event "for pushing" :'P
the es event is horrible since the mods are friends with one side and ban the other side to help their friends. big shame as there were good battles there. much better mods here thankfully

szycopath

what kind of nonsense was it to allow people to register others that don't even plan/want to take part in the event? Something stinks there. Seems to me that the people that did that should be banned, as well as whoever did the coding to allow such a mess.

The kind where anyone with half a brain would not register people he/she hasn't even talked to? You 2 acting like this was such a huge drama. 1st off neither of you were registered like this and I'm not even gonna be rude about why that could be.............
Secondly it was ONE person out of all the people who registered unsuspecting folk. What you do now is like demanding the "do not use to suck turd outta ur hole" warning on the vacuum cleaner, because one cretin, one time, sucked out half of his guts thinking vac.cleaners are some sort of alternative laxatives.
The amount of nagging is just beyond amazing

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Semi-official response: It's never been a problem before, and its a non-trivial amount of work to verify third-party registrations. In the future I will attempt to create "You were registered for the current speed event by a third party, if you do not wish to be registered or to be registered with another team, please file a support ticket" tickets for everyone so registered (but only if I can do it without a significant time commitment)

Annie-Bell

thank you for response goober. will also maybe suggest that take a look when log in to see if the duel event world shows up in list, that may be indicator of were signed up. Thanks for response. And good idea about future notification

As seen, obv concern for some focused on players in variety of ways that i picture starting up toon without knowledge of whoever their latest target is and duelling them down, yes no impact for me but if they proceed to continually duel and alter outcome and fairness (ie cheating) of game, people and win, feel that will have negative perception of fairness. Dont care about event, but care if people quit game if they have negative experience - was one that said these specail event world are taking away on focus needed in real game. As you can see, i have merit to concerns giving the horrible behavior by some above but not respond as beneath me, know they do to anyone outside their little gang. I will not be sending ticket directly to special event manager.

Last edited:

Caerdwyn

Personally, if someone registered me into their Duel Server town and I was banned from the temporary duel server because of that, 1) I'd never know because I never logged in. 2) It wouldn't matter if I was banned from a temporary server. Once the event is over, the ban would expire.

So if someone DID register me.... feel free to laugh about it. :p

Pankreas PorFavor

is it a big deal someone registered me for this? no.
my only point was - dueling event with naked defenseless targets... it's like a FFing event with offline defenders without any gear ;)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
is it a big deal someone registered me for this? no.
my only point was - dueling event with naked defenseless targets... it's like a FFing event with offline defenders without any gear ;)
We chose to relegate to “spectator” accounts in towns that remained naked when the dueling phase of the event began so they wouldn’t unduly contribute to the outcome. Players that equipped anything were left alone.

Kidd Kalypso

Y'all can do what you wish, but the fact of the matter is a third party is able to pick a random name to have them at the event without their knowledge?
IMO, that is a fail. We all know Inno has pissed away this game for years, but for events to be this badly staged? meh.......

Nehemiah

It has happened more than once that a ''team captain'' is allowed to give up his team for a competition. Normally there have never been problems with this but here it is apparently not possible. This is also a learning moment for us that this is not how it should be done and that it should be done differently next time. Apologies to the people who did not want to participate but are signed up. I have removed you from the towns

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
Today of 8 duels, 7 have been failed. I understand the server has to be restarted to sort out the issue. But it is a big issue for a duelling server. I am not competing for a prize so I take it with a shrug of my shoulders. But if I were competing, this would be something that annoyed me very much and I would probably push for the whole event to be restarted from scratch.....

In the future I suggest that one of the big guys with all rights has to be involved and not on holiday for minimum of the first week of the event to sort out issues.

Darkuletzz

This is the worst event did by INno games by far.
1. I can not duel the players i want. I need to duel him, send the mod a report(because bug) and wasting like 25 minutes to a duel, and probably in the same time someone duel that player and kill him after mod unlock him.
2. People pushing for other people. Not a single duel by now, just craft and pushing non stop.
30 or more duels receiving you can not attack the player because 72h.
So if we do 30x10/60 its 5 hours of doing nothing.
Gj
I can not play "most wins" because people that are doing this event are not capable of doing what they need to do.

Last edited:

szycopath

That bug is annoying but it's not like the server was deliberately set up to be bugged. Bugs happen, fixes happen a little slower, so is life. It's not that incredibly difficult to avoid running into it anymore

Personally, I would like to recommend removing the shiny weapons from duel or servers otherwise intended oldschool. We are not allowed to have someone farm for us because "this is a duel server and you must duel" (fair enough) but wasting 50 hours on just 1 job, being forced to collect thousands of products, do advents (when those are notorious to take far more time than they're worth), FFs...
None of those are really part of a duel event. Not gonna say it's unfair advantage because everyone has the opportunity to go and waste 3-4-5 days on doing these quests but having to do it to stay in competition kinda kills the point of having an oldschool duel server with shop items only

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
That bug is annoying but it's not like the server was deliberately set up to be bugged. Bugs happen, fixes happen a little slower, so is life. It's not that incredibly difficult to avoid running into it anymore

Personally, I would like to recommend removing the shiny weapons from duel or servers otherwise intended oldschool. We are not allowed to have someone farm for us because "this is a duel server and you must duel" (fair enough) but wasting 50 hours on just 1 job, being forced to collect thousands of products, do advents (when those are notorious to take far more time than they're worth), FFs...
None of those are really part of a duel event. Not gonna say it's unfair advantage because everyone has the opportunity to go and waste 3-4-5 days on doing these quests but having to do it to stay in competition kinda kills the point of having an oldschool duel server with shop items only
just disabling forts could solve the shiny "issue"

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkuletzz

No, it wont, but shyny are part of the game, if you wanna do them , you can do them, its not that hard.

L00nat33k

No it doesn't. You just thought no one will go for them and had different tactic, maybe you see now it was wrong (not playing on server so don't know), but shiny's are part of game, everyone can get them, and you can get both in 2 days if you really go for it and have cook level up fast. But if you think it's not worth the trouble, don't complain later, those who did that have unfair advantage.