ARE YOU FOR PROPER CHANGES?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tortojcla

Alright folks, I haven't seen many of you complaining about the problem they recently made. In fact, I haven't seen anyone trying to do something about it.
First of all, your adaptation of old items to the new skill per level system is more than bad, catastrophic to be exact, and second, some of the items took NO TRANSFORMATION AT ALL, like "Billy The Kid's Skull Belt" which had +5 of each attributes and now has same 5+ of each attributes at maximum level, my question is WHY, and WHO made you do this, FOR WHAT? Are we being charged and you paid to do that kind of rubbish? For a decade now, nothing but rubbish, many would agree! And what's the great idea behind upgrading items where we have to destroy hundreds of sets and spend millions of dollars just to gain few more skills, which in turn cannot be sold on market nor degraded to the original bits? It's the last train to start doing some progress INNO!
And how many of you people, I'm not counting those who joined the game yesterday, but those who play for over a decade now just as I do, how many of you are IN FOR PROPER CHANGES?

Tortojcla

I'm glad you guys agree and that you noticed the same thing and that you're not ok with it, I mean come on, how can 40 level hat be almost as powerful as 140 level hat or jacket? And why are attributes left without any change, InnoGames belt was not touched by the changes and just to note, it was the most powerful items in terms of skills it gave back when it came out!
We have to be united, so let's change this bros!

Tortojcla

Why do you sound like you're trying to lead an army into a battle tho :oops::D
BJust breathe man, this is just a browser game they switch off the server and it's all gone, it ain't real. This level of pathos is rly suffocating just to read. Makes your message go away :|
Well, it's just My way to express how mad I am at their "work", because I spent so much time playing this game, not that I play all day every day, but I'm following the game and I can see the decline they're heading, and regarding servers switching off, had they done their job as they should have, they wouldn't need new servers, because opening new server is just stupid as it sounds where you have to do everything from scratch again, and not to mention people who actually spend some money to buy nuggets. All your money invested, just poof and it's gone in their pockets! And just your nickname tells us enough about your personality so please if you don't see a problem within the game's development, make yourself gone!
And thanks for the real supporters that know what am I talking about!

DeletedUser15368

The implementation was heavily botched from the beginning with the hats, players told them at the time, and they did tone it down to the point of it being a pointless change for all other parts... But the hats stayed too powerful, as you pointed out.

In fact, the only effect this entire enterprise has had, is that now every new set's hat is probably obsolete on arrival.

It also weirdly annoys me that the rarer named items weren't made stronger than fancy/sharp/shiny stuff, but I digress.

I tried to argue at the start of the great unnecessary conversion that the game has evolved to revolve around the sets, the attention should be there - making all the old sets viable again and future-proofing new sets from power-creeping the PvP into an unplayable state again - instead of shop gear, but here we are.

And it's been what - a year or more since they started converting the obsolete gear over - I don't really want them to waste another year doing it properly when there's so much to, preferably urgently, fix with the PvP.
They should absolutely nerf the hats, but they seem to be under the impression that nerfing will piss of the whales too much to bother - and that's exactly what I see on the forums from small minded players who cannot see the big picture past their short term PvP success.

don't nerf this hat i spent $7m upgrading to take advantage of a mistake the developer made
when will you sell that damage set that ruined the PvP for most of the players again
I can't build the church 24/7 anymore we need more levels regardless of how that will effect everyone else

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortojcla

Totally agree with you lulu. There is no difference between grey and colored items and no difference even between named rare items. Why should it be priced at 2000 nuggets/bonds to buy a chest with those items that worth nothing but as a collection piece. And no need for nerfing any items, just adjust other ones to be properly stronger as their level goes up. And trust me, they DO NOT need as much time as they spent. With a good will it could be done within a week or two. Not like this, they're still "working" on adjusting them completely wrong.

DeletedUser15368

The biggest reason that PvP doesn't function properly anymore is that gear gives too many skill points compared to our characters.
The systems and formulae in place were designed for a time when your character's level gave you the majority of your skills - when placement actually mattered and this was a Role Playing Game instead of a Dress-up Simulator.

This then brings the question - should shop gear be better than tombola sets?
The answer can only be a strong "No", because the monetisation depends entirely on selling tombola sets.
So we are stuck in the same place where there's just too many skill points on gear for the former award winning aspects of this game to actually work.

I wouldn't support "buffing" all the old shop clothes without fundamentally addressing this balance between character skills and gear skills. The only buff I want to see right now is to how many skill and attribute points we get per level from our characters - and that honestly requires a full-scale overhaul on a bunch of systems, So I can see why "just chuck out some more levels lol" is the preferred option.

Your poll is also a loaded one, and I think that it's more complicated than Yes/No - As you can see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortojcla

Straight to the point of my thinking. 3 skill points and 1 attribute point per level is more than idiotic to be honest. In my opinion it should be multiplied just as much as the gear's bonuses were multiplied, and that would be around 20-30 skills per level and 10ish attribute points, because, even though it may seem like a lot, believe me, jobs don't feel too much of it as we're still unable to drop 20k "DROPABLE" items from any job. I can't accept it as long as it lists them as dropable doing jobs. And dueling level should be utilized more than it is. I would switch weapon damage to depend on dueling level, so you wouldn't lose anything because your dueling level grows with your level, but you could benefit at 150 level as you're able to fight until you max it out at 450 dueling level, and in the other hand you won't be in any danger from those people as they couldn't challenge you at 150 dueling level since it's too low for them.

Thanatoss

This game has 2 more "good" years at most before it enters zombie mode for good

Unfortunately many wrong management decisions years ago ruined its future

Tortojcla

It's already slowed down to a standstill, so if they continue this devastating development it will shortly start to go downhill.

Joe Kidd

The implementation was heavily botched from the beginning with the hats, players told them at the time, and they did tone it down to the point of it being a pointless change for all other parts... But the hats stayed too powerful, as you pointed out.

In fact, the only effect this entire enterprise has had, is that now every new set's hat is probably obsolete on arrival.

It also weirdly annoys me that the rarer named items weren't made stronger than fancy/sharp/shiny stuff, but I digress.

I tried to argue at the start of the great unnecessary conversion that the game has evolved to revolve around the sets, the attention should be there - making all the old sets viable again and future-proofing new sets from power-creeping the PvP into an unplayable state again - instead of shop gear, but here we are.

And it's been what - a year or more since they started converting the obsolete gear over - I don't really want them to waste another year doing it properly when there's so much to, preferably urgently, fix with the PvP.
They should absolutely nerf the hats, but they seem to be under the impression that nerfing will piss of the whales too much to bother - and that's exactly what I see on the forums from small minded players who cannot see the big picture past their short term PvP success.

don't nerf this hat i spent $7m upgrading to take advantage of a mistake the developer made
when will you sell that damage set that ruined the PvP for most of the players again
I can't build the church 24/7 anymore we need more levels regardless of how that will effect everyone else

I have one sincere question - Why, Inno, have you not hired lulu to fix this game? My brothers in Christ, why?!

It truly is a sincere, logical question. If Innogames gives even a slight damn about The West as a product, why not hire a veteran player, with so much insight and support from others in the community on their expertise, to consult on how to make things just possibly 10% better than they are now, and, god forbid, with a nominal investment of time and money, maybe much more. Thanks for @Tortojcla for vocalizing.

WhyN0t

You're right. I think the only hat that can still be used right now is Josephine's with full josephine's clothes. The set bonus for 6 items is still strong if you need aiming/dodging/vigor and appearance and it's worth replacing felt hats with this one in specific situations. But all the others are useless. Literally useless in any type of situations. Only freeman can be useful sometimes, but this one was buffed (not as hard as others, but sometimes can work).
I agree. The hats should be nerfed, but not too much. They should still be good, but not OP. That way no one will complain about spending money on them. I have most of the merchant hats ^5 and I wouldn't complain. I'm not the only one who's gonna lose skills, but my opponents would lose too, so it would all balance out, except now the hats in the sets might be useful. But another problem will arise, that many (like me) ignored the set hats and didn't upgraded them, if they suddenly became good, it wouldn't be quite fair, a middle ground must be found.
Probably nothing will happen, because the game has bigger problems to solve than this one.

Tortojcla

I have one sincere question - Why, Inno, have you not hired lulu to fix this game? My brothers in Christ, why?!

It truly is a sincere, logical question. If Innogames gives even a slight damn about The West as a product, why not hire a veteran player, with so much insight and support from others in the community on their expertise, to consult on how to make things just possibly 10% better than they are now, and, god forbid, with a nominal investment of time and money, maybe much more. Thanks for @Tortojcla for vocalizing.
Thank you for your kind words Joe! ;):)