Feedback Merging Markets with International servers

L00nat33k

Well ... alot of people from there with Gringo ... i assume it was alot easier to get Gringo on those national servers, than on net servers ... not really best move this merge!

Pankreas PorFavor

Does anyone at HQ actually know the difference between "expanded" and "complete" premium, and how irrelevant the differences are now?

The difference is HUGE.
Just compare Arizona and Colorado. Check the skills rating, skills where people most likely assigned all points to single skill. Leader in trading: 1928 (AZ) vs 2066 (CO); leader in HP: 1738 (AZ) vs 2010 (CO).
In a world where people can't buy SP/AP, they have hundreds of points more.
On the other hand, my char in AZ has 15 AP and 77 SP more than my char in CO, but that's just because my CO character is not that active and missed a bunch of repeatable quests. There is absolutely no reason to block migration to CO and Inno knows that.

WhyN0t

The difference is HUGE.
Just compare Arizona and Colorado. Check the skills rating, skills where people most likely assigned all points to single skill. Leader in trading: 1928 (AZ) vs 2066 (CO); leader in HP: 1738 (AZ) vs 2010 (CO).
In a world where people can't buy SP/AP, they have hundreds of points more.
On the other hand, my char in AZ has 15 AP and 77 SP more than my char in CO, but that's just because my CO character is not that active and missed a bunch of repeatable quests. There is absolutely no reason to block migration to CO and Inno knows that.
I am 100% sure that those guys with higher skills have better upgrade on items, ask them how many skills they bought, you'd be surprised.

Pankreas PorFavor

ask them how many skills they bought, you'd be surprised.

who? those guys in AZ? how many SP/AP they bought just to have less than someone in CO who bought 0? what are you saying?

"Buy skill points allows you to purchase skill or attributes points for a base cost of 18 nuggets per skill point and 54 nuggets per attribute point. Every time you purchase a point the price for the next point increases by 18 for a skill point and 54 for an attribute point."
18+36+54+72......
80 eur = 4000 nuggets = 20 skill points and you still have a few nuggets left
for 100 euros you can buy 4850 nuggets = 22 skill points (additional 850 nuggs for just 2 more SP!)
23rd skill point will cost you 414 nuggets, 24th will be 432 etc.

If you choose to buy attribute points, 80 euros will buy you 11 APs. 12th AP will cost 648 nuggets, 13th 702, etc. (btw 20 EUR = 850 nuggets)
You can do the rest of the math, I'm sure.

4000 nuggets gives you 20 skill points. 20 SP... compare that to the bonus from gear.

what do you think how many points they bought and we can do the math to see how much that would cost :)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Well ... alot of people from there with Gringo ... i assume it was alot easier to get Gringo on those national servers, than on net servers ... not really best move this merge!

The numbers I have seen so far suggest there were a comparable number of gringos on all of .dk as there were on all of .net. But... all of .dk is comparable in size to en18 (Fairbank)

Victor Kruger

Regardless of the SP or not difference, old worlds non prem were forced to migrate to premium before, I know cos im one of those many victims forced to go to Zona from w9 with nothing extra .. so thats no excuse.. & I agree migration from a few dead worlds like Brisco & Dorado need a way out before they go mad, bless.

Having said that, Colo isnt a world imo that needs anymore influx compared to some others. It should'nt be the only older world worth playing FF and it dosnt need the players like some do... Arizona is an example of one that does and since the arrival of DK, had a much needed boost and FF activity is already picking up fast ... I suggest anyone wanting a bit more than the usual Colo arrangement for FF and a fast growing resurgence to pop in and see. When other closing International servers migrate, which seems inevitable, itll be even better if its a location option and I strongly suggest it should be. Zona is back on the map for FF and thats thanks to being a migration option for DK.

Not knowing DK would be arriving a couple of us reopened Zona just last week & kick some life back into battle attacks which is much more a challenge & what I do best anyway. DK has made all the difference and immediately. First med taken on attack in 6 mths just happened to prove it with 52 D vs 62 A respectively. Full meds are not that far off already and large is gonna be back on the menu v soon so watch out all there used to an easy sleepy FF defence life , its over. Look me up and come join the fun, but only if you got the stones to FF like a blue, face painted mad Viking embracing Valhalla .. the timid need not apply :'P

As always activity is about efforts made by players to make the best of what they have and some do... I for one am happy to see life being breathed into older worlds too and Inno not focus on just the obvious cash cow worlds and try boosting some others .. so in all its a thumbs up and welcome to all from DK, may there be many more migrations open to there from other servers in the future.:up:

Its the poor DK players choosing Galveston i feel sorry for. :roll:

Last edited:

Lyrinx.

Having said that, Colo isnt a world imo that needs anymore influx compared to some others. It should'nt be the only older world worth playing FF and it dosnt need the players like some do... Arizona is an example of one that does and since the arrival of DK, had a much needed boost and FF activity is already picking up fast ... I suggest anyone wanting a bit more than the usual Colo arrangement for FF and a fast growing resurgence to pop in and see. When other closing International servers migrate, which seems inevitable, itll be even better if its a location option and I strongly suggest it should be. Zona is back on the map for FF and thats thanks to being a migration option for DK.
Good thing that you guys are fine at AZ, at least we have now 2 good server where peole can enjoy the game a tiny bit more. :)

I'm not saying that colorado should be the No1 server, and the rest of .net server should migrate later only to colorado. But we have to agree, now we are luckily is still strongthere, just people are dissapearing. If some DK player could join to colorado, that would be sweet, but yeah. With stupid historical "we wont change premium settings or you wont get migration route cuz you play on non premium, and the reason is because cheese" will kill that server too once. Without new players any current active server will die sooner or later. Depends on players only.

Like you said, AZ became good again because of DK players. That's what all active server needs sometimes. And I know, slowly you will hate us because we always say "colorado", but we're just trying to keep that craphole alive, like you do with arizona :)

Last edited:

szycopath

Good thing that you guys are fine at AZ, at least we have now 2 good server where peole can enjoy the game a tiny bit more. :)

I'm not saying that colorado should be the No1 server, and the rest of .net server should migrate later only to colorado. But we have to agree, now we are luckily is still strongthere, just people are dissapearing. If some DK player could join to colorado, that would be sweet, but yeah. With stupid historical "we wont change premium settings or you wont get migration route cuz you play on non premium, and the reason is because cheese" will kill that server too once. Without new players any current active server will die sooner or later. Depends on players only.

Like you said, AZ became good again because of DK players. That's what all active server needs sometimes. And I know, slowly you will hate us because we always say "colorado", but we're just trying to keep that craphole alive, like you do with arizona :)
Right, but what about the players that can't/won't buy prem, because "cheese"? Our town is full of noobs, as you know we kinda struggle to fit them all (would like to grab the opportunity to thank inno, once again, for flipping us off with our bigger town request :D )
The fact that when new ppl write on the saloon chat they either get talked down to, ignored or just need to witness the usual pp measure battles going on there, the fact that old players don't give a flying fck about the new players, the fact that neither of the alliances are actual, real teams just a bunch of people forced to play together has a lot more to do with Colo "dying" (again. it kinda dies every year since ~2013, and then someone always comes with some big talk about what we all "must do, to save colorado" and whatnot, same old, same old), than the fact that it's a little less pay-to-win than the rest of the worlds.
Allowing migration to Colo from worlds where Gringos were thrown at players like candy doesn't exactly sound like the thing that server needs. Neither do we need an unknown number of lvl 150 players who bought half their skill points (even if that's relatively rare, it's still a thing). That wold is one of the few left that isn't 100% dead and I'm pretty sure that's partly because it is not a prem world

Victor Kruger

Right, but what about the players that can't/won't buy prem, because "cheese"? Our town is full of noobs, as you know we kinda struggle to fit them all (would like to grab the opportunity to thank inno, once again, for flipping us off with our bigger town request :D )
The fact that when new ppl write on the saloon chat they either get talked down to, ignored or just need to witness the usual pp measure battles going on there, the fact that old players don't give a flying fck about the new players, the fact that neither of the alliances are actual, real teams just a bunch of people forced to play together has a lot more to do with Colo "dying" (again. it kinda dies every year since ~2013, and then someone always comes with some big talk about what we all "must do, to save colorado" and whatnot, same old, same old), than the fact that it's a little less pay-to-win than the rest of the worlds.
Allowing migration to Colo from worlds where Gringos were thrown at players like candy doesn't exactly sound like the thing that server needs. Neither do we need an unknown number of lvl 150 players who bought half their skill points (even if that's relatively rare, it's still a thing). That wold is one of the few left that isn't 100% dead and I'm pretty sure that's partly because it is not a prem world
doesn't exactly feel that way, since the primary way we progress now is with gear, not skill points.

There's obviously a very clear reason why most serious players chose Colorado at the point when skill points did matter, not disputing that, I just don't think it's relevant anymore.

Id say its both to some degree, theres more than enough evidence thats the case from previous merges etc .. and other reasons too.. like no proper game marketing budget for the past 7 years and that browser games are being dumped for app based less costly by most online gaming companies & TW is a victim of that too.

Less constricting rules would also allow more out the box ideas and thinking ... the less options the more it becomes boring & repetitive.

OK im off topic so ill end with have a good weekend all see on both Colo and others no doubt soon :dastardly:

szycopath

doesn't exactly feel that way, since the primary way we progress now is with gear, not skill points.

There's obviously a very clear reason why most serious players chose Colorado at the point when skill points did matter, not disputing that, I just don't think it's relevant anymore.
That's true ofc and it's why new prem worlds are ok but we've been here 11 years and most of those playing for so long on prem worlds... I might be wrong, but it feels like they've taken advantage of the prem options way too many times for it to be fair to go and swarm a non-prem world now
If we only consider energy refill for nuggets option, vs having to buff your self if you need to. In a given amount of time those ppl will have a lot more xp (let's just assume some dedication), drops, etc. Sure it's all debatable, because "who cares" but it's just not fair and for once I agree with inno

In addition, if we get 10 lvl 150 dk players but lose 8 of our own over them feeling that something unjust happened to them, we didn't really win too much, and we all know there are a lot of people ready to leave if something like this was gonna happen

szycopath

Sure, but what's the point of having 10 if we're losing 10? The numbers didn't change
Also, you're not even playing :/

DeletedUser15368

Maybe no change is better than a net negative, maybe it's just delaying the inevitable.

Aye you're right, but I still have a vested interest in this game being fun again, because I want to play.

Victor Kruger

Would
Maybe no change is better than a net negative, maybe it's just delaying the inevitable.

Aye you're right, but I still have a vested interest in this game being fun again, because I want to play.

Then play cos it wont be around forever, all things have their peak of popularity but change is as you know inevitable.. Sometimes for the better but often past a peak its just managing the decline.

We can all wish for those times again but thats long gone, better maybe to find fun in whats left than sit on the side comparing now to what was. Im thankful to know the difference and shared good times with so many both still here and tens of thousands now gone, some sitting on the sidelines that belong in the game imo. Those past times will never be matched ofc but still theres some fun to be had if you look hard enough or make it happen.

Acceptance is sometimes a hard pill to swallow I know. These days I play mostly for the friends and laughter & ive found thats enough for me now.

Get back on that horse Lulu .. you belong in the game not just sitting about on the forum :-))