Feedback Update to version 2.173

Harriet Oleson

In the last update, there were almost no changes and Al35ul said it was because "There was another, somewhat large, feature that was supposed to be part of the update but got postpone just a little bit".
Here, there's also very few changes. The "somewhat large feature" is postponed again ? I'm a bit curious about what it can be ...

Al35ul

In the last update, there were almost no changes and Al35ul said it was because "There was another, somewhat large, feature that was supposed to be part of the update but got postpone just a little bit".
Here, there's also very few changes. The "somewhat large feature" is postponed again ? I'm a bit curious about what it can be ...
Postponed again...but only a tad bit. It should be available pretty soon. We are just putting on a few last touches :).

Artem124

bro why cant you update perrys hat.. i kept spamming in beta .. . and yall ask for feedback and you dont even take any.. you guys still do whatever ya want

Al35ul

Does the feature have anything to do with Secret Project?
No

bro why cant you update perrys hat.. i kept spamming in beta .. . and yall ask for feedback and you dont even take any.. you guys still do whatever ya want
As previously said, the sets were available on Beta a week prior to the event where players were able to provide feedback and changes they would like to see made. All of the feedback that was provided there [ before the event started on live server] has been implemented. Once the event started on live servers, we cannot make any changes to any sets. The Perry hat will not be changed.

Pankreas PorFavor

Large feature that causes delays in updates, requires a lot of work = does it mean that it will have a large impact on the game and the players?
In that case, why don't we get any information about it? Why are we not allowed to give feedback? (Well, I know why - why care about feedback if you're not implementing it anyway?)
Unless this is something related to migration from other servers and multi-language interface support?

Al35ul

Large feature that causes delays in updates, requires a lot of work = does it mean that it will have a large impact on the game and the players?
I wouldn't call it ''large'' (not sure if I did originally), but it is definitely something new that I believe was originally a player suggestion. Whether or not it will have a large impact on the game is hard to tell, but I believe players will like it...or at least I hope so :p.
In that case, why don't we get any information about it? Why are we not allowed to give feedback? (Well, I know why - why care about feedback if you're not implementing it anyway?)
As it is still being worked on, it can happen that it may be further delayed (not saying that it would) or changed in some way or another thus we'd like to keep it under wraps until it is finalized.

Unless this is something related to migration from other servers and multi-language interface support?

I believe everything related to migration from the Scandinavian server/s has been finalized and will happen soon....we'll soon see some vikings on .net :boone:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
This is a lie. You nerfed behan's set while the Easter Event was active on live servers.
There's a big difference in fixing an identified bug and implementing a change to a designed feature.

Perry's hat was deliberately set to not be +1/+1. I don't know the thinking behind it, but it was not a mistake.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
What are you talking about? Behan's set wasn't bugged. It was NERFED. His tactics were significantly reduced. What's worse is that the change was not announced, although it did happen when the event was active on the live servers.
I would contend nerfing is definitionally a bug fix. Especially on a game that so rarely engages in nerfing.

Alduin

Some really low level not upgradeable items became even more powerful than upgraded set items such as Brown Knickerbockers which has bonuses like 0.36-0.32-0.38 while +1 Mclaughin pants has flat 0.33. Soon you wont get to sell any overtuned dueling sets on DOTD lol.