Would you like to see Awesomia battle Join restrictions continue?

Should join restrictions continue to be employed on Colorado GM Awesomia battles?

• Yes, all battles.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Yes, but only during events.

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
During this past Easter event I introduced the use of join restrictions to attempt to balance these battles. Some efforts have worked better than others and the results are subject to my availability to view the numbers, interpret and project the balance, and change the restrictions.

From my vantage point it has generally resulted in better battles, but understand their popularity varies widely.

I am willing to (dis)continue these efforts on a world by world basis, so am asking for your feedback on whether I should.

DeletedUser15368

Colodado is more than capable of supporting its own battles, and maintaining both sides equally - taking that away from them would, over time, make them complacent and lazy with regards to the balancing, so I don't think GMs should touch "normal" player verses player battles here at all.

Event battles though, absolutely. I've seen how a specific type of player always joins the stronger side for a better chance at rewards regardless of how it effects the quality of the battle, they can't be self-policed by the community.

I also don't think Awesomia should be attackable by players - it was always intended to be just a GM fort for event battles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Colodado is more than capable of supporting its own battles, and maintaining both sides equally - taking that away from them would, over time, make them complacent and lazy with regards to the balancing, so I don't think GMs should touch "normal" player verses player battles here at all.

Event battles though, absolutely. I've seen how a specific type of player always joins the stronger side for a better chance at rewards regardless of how it effects the quality of the battle, they can't be self-policed by the community.

I also don't think Awesomia should be attackable by players - it was always intended to be just a GM fort for event battles.

Just to clarify, this is specific to "GM Awesomia battles"; "all battles" means GM Awesomia battles outside of events as well as during events.