Feedback 14th Birthday Speed Event

Deadeye Jerry

so what gear will you be able to get? just shop gear and gear dropped plus whatever you get from fair?

will angus be active? if so it will be a speed event about playing adventures to trade for bonds.
Roth you will be able to use only the items you can buy from the towns, there won't be sets in the UP Shop and yes Angus will be ingame

Also,
  • NPC Town will contain all classic items
if you miss something in your towns you will be able to buy it from the NPC Town.

This speed event has been made from the feedback of the previous one and some of the rules were implemented to reduce the cheating as much as possible.
Do something against autoclick and multiaccounts.
If you think that somebody is cheating during the speed event we encourage you to report them :)

szycopath

I can't believe I'm saying this but why all the hate? I mean any actual reason or just the usual "something's happening so let's trash it" mentality?
This stuff's supposed to be for TW 14th bday, so it seems kinda legit to make a world with only shop items, no 1k+ skills from just sets and just chill a little. Obviously it's not a 100% oldschool world (thank god, I'd die if I had to do 2hr jobs again).
Never thought of markets as something that "keeps the community active", but it's a sure way to have some people pushed into winning, with the help of 5-6 good friends/minions/well-we-all-know-its-multies. So removing this option is actually a good thing. I'm as happy to trash inno any day as the next guy but this absolute hate doesn't seem to make much sense, at least some are trying to make stuff a little better. Considering the amount no no-fcks-given we've endured the past 10 years, might as well just appreciate it a bit

I can't believe I'm saying this but why all the hate? I mean any actual reason or just the usual "something's happening so let's trash it" mentality?
If "something happening" was improving the issues facing the core game, there would probably be less 'hate'. Look at what they did with the char bonus areas, yet due to the game today, char bonus is one of the outdated parts of the game. Inno can't do tests in beta to change the char bonus to different configs, and get player feedback before deploying to production? Instead, they create an entirely different world with different rules while the core players suffer in the current state of the game.

Anyway, it seems they spent more time fixing the problems with a temporary event server than they did with the real server. What does that say about the focus of the CMs and Inno developer?

This stuff's supposed to be for TW 14th bday, so it seems kinda legit to make a world with only shop items, no 1k+ skills from just sets and just chill a little.

To celebrate TW birthday, we need to join a temporary world, one focused on none of the aspects of the game that made it enjoyable?

If it was a world with just shop items (with old configs) and no sets with 1k+ skills, and it wasn't temporary and had all the social aspects of the game, sign me up. Oh wait, I just more or less described the game version from 2011.

single fun players, who want to test the speed features, maybe try to find some things, but will not play regularly or intense and will not build or join towns
I did play the speed server last year. There wasn't anything better? Small player base, same actions, and with the "it all goes away in less than 30 days" in the back of my mind, it just isn't worth it.

Lyrinx.

If "something happening" was improving the issues facing the core game, there would probably be less 'hate'. Look at what they did with the char bonus areas, yet due to the game today, char bonus is one of the outdated parts of the game. Inno can't do tests in beta to change the char bonus to different configs, and get player feedback before deploying to production? Instead, they create an entirely different world with different rules while the core players suffer in the current state of the game.
Ok, but that isn't the local support team members fault, because they are players like you. It's a community related job where they are able to make special events for you, to feel a little bit better. Now basically you pointing on them and saying the game is **** because of them.

Let me tell you something. If the whole development depends on us or our guardians who are mostly here for us in 0-24 7/7, this game would be awesome again like back in 2009. Just unfortunately they can't do anything about fixing the major issues and developing a whole new game from the ashes for us, they are also players like you and me. Who should be blamed is the West's management, everything is their decision (the roadmap of the development, keeping dead servers for no reason, not making useful sets since josephine, etc).

What the team can do, they will do, and I'm pretty sure they are trying the best all the time, but if someone keeps saying that everythings fine above them, like the doggo in a burning house, we or the support team cannot do more than hoping.

Last edited:

L00nat33k

I like the rules, surely an upgrade towards previous event in regard of trading. I have only one question, how will Fort Fight pushing be monitored ? I mean ... on can get multi or helper near him on ff ... and milk dodges from him, or dmg...

DeletedUser15368

I like the rules, surely an upgrade towards previous event in regard of trading. I have only one question, how will Fort Fight pushing be monitored ? I mean ... on can get multi or helper near him on ff ... and milk dodges from him, or dmg...
I guess since you're competing against your teammates, if you spot someone farming, kill their farm.

Deadeye Jerry

If you think somebody has multi please report them

L00nat33k

If you think somebody has multi please report them
Well didn't mean "multi" like he has 2 accounts, but meant more ... if he has helper ... a friend that's helping him. For instance if i have no chance in winning duel or fort fighting prizes, i can help someone to get some advantage ... i.e. go full health and if all people in ff go west we go east and he shoots me there ...

Deadeye Jerry

Well didn't mean "multi" like he has 2 accounts, but meant more ... if he has helper ... a friend that's helping him. For instance if i have no chance in winning duel or fort fighting prizes, i can help someone to get some advantage ... i.e. go full health and if all people in ff go west we go east and he shoots me there ...
That is a gray area, there is nothing the support team can do about it but if you go full hp some other players might be able to "farm you".

I'd like normal-worlds speed/money/drop/exp bonuses, so everyone can benefit on our actual permanent characters from the birthday celebrations.
THAT 100000 times THAT! Why can't that happen for a month? That is a suggestion that helps the player base, not sending them on some event chasing server for a month.

I'm not sure if the function of an event server is to fix real-game issues
That's like buying a hotdog and complaining why it doesn't taste like a burger. It won't, it's 2 different things
So the fort battle event wasn't used to test changes to the fort bonus structure? Oh, it was!
It can be used in that way, it just isn't.

Who should be blamed is the West's management, everything is their decision (the roadmap of the development, keeping dead servers for no reason, not making useful sets since josephine, etc).
Agree, and I'm not putting the blame directly on the CMs, but what happens to the feedback? We say no more click-click events and then a week later, there was a click-click event. Also, like lulu said, why can't some bonuses be for the permanent servers? They had to create an entirely new server to get bonuses and let the ones that can't participate in the speed server suffer.

Why aren't the CMs reviewing the questlines (Easter 2021 - win an adventure comes to mind) and providing feedback to Inno that requirements like this is unacceptable, and give the players a choice (participate in FF, win X duels, work Y hours, wait 5 hours to play an adventure). If feedback isn't going to be implemented or considered, at least stop asking for it and/or provide the response from Inno.

Fun fact 1#: The people that still play this game are stupid
Fun Fact 2#: The game isn't fun, don't expect any update or event server to change that.
Fun Fact 3#: Gameplay is just a conduit for social interaction, stick to the gameplay that does this best for you and stop crying about what you have never done and wont do.
Fun Fact 4#: Grilling unpaid helpers only makes you feel better and the rare updates / maintenance for the game get worse.
#1 - Your opinion, probably true to a point :D

#2 - It was at one point (see #3)

#3 - They've destroyed it to the point where 95% of the social interaction is gone (the worlds don't have enough active populations to sustain social interactions - 30 ppl online and most probably just leave their browser open). For the record, I've tried several of the event servers over the years, but they're not worth time and effort to start a char over again, blah blah blah, and then all of the effort gone in less than a month.

#4 - They ask for feedback with every release of an event/etc. We provide feedback. It would be spectacular if the feedback actually got implemented in the permanent servers.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
THAT 100000 times THAT! Why can't that happen for a month? That is a suggestion that helps the player base, not sending them on some event chasing server for a month.

So the fort battle event wasn't used to test changes to the fort bonus structure? Oh, it was!
It can be used in that way, it just isn't.

Agree, and I'm not putting the blame directly on the CMs, but what happens to the feedback? We say no more click-click events and then a week later, there was a click-click event. Also, like lulu said, why can't some bonuses be for the permanent servers? They had to create an entirely new server to get bonuses and let the ones that can't participate in the speed server suffer.

Why aren't the CMs reviewing the questlines (Easter 2021 - win an adventure comes to mind) and providing feedback to Inno that requirements like this is unacceptable, and give the players a choice (participate in FF, win X duels, work Y hours, wait 5 hours to play an adventure). If feedback isn't going to be implemented or considered, at least stop asking for it and/or provide the response from Inno.

#1 - Your opinion, probably true to a point :D

#2 - It was at one point (see #3)

#3 - They've destroyed it to the point where 95% of the social interaction is gone (the worlds don't have enough active populations to sustain social interactions - 30 ppl online and most probably just leave their browser open). For the record, I've tried several of the event servers over the years, but they're not worth time and effort to start a char over again, blah blah blah, and then all of the effort gone in less than a month.

#4 - They ask for feedback with every release of an event/etc. We provide feedback. It would be spectacular if the feedback actually got implemented in the permanent servers.

I am happy to say that I have observed much of this feedback taken to heart and it is being considered if not incorporated going forward. However, the timelines for changes are a LOT longer than I would like; Game-wide changes can take many event cycles to incorporate, if ever. Local changes (i.e things ostensibly under the control of The West International Team (aka ".net") often require approval from the next level and everything that goes along with that which is still an event-cycle or two.

I was VERY pleased to see the changes made to Siringo in response to that set going through the Beta world. I was frankly astounded that such a major change was even considered let alone implemented; I hope you agree with my optimisim that this is a sign of things to come.

As for testing via the event server: I am not aware of any testing being done on the "speed" servers; I have pressed for that myself and gotten little to no traction (if nothing else, because, while this is an international server, it is a multi-national game so testing in one realm is not necessarily valid when it comes to things that are inherently game-wide). There was some testing done in the IFBC server after the last IFBC event, but that is far and away and exceptional circumstance, but hopefully will be repeated after the next IFBC

I am happy to say that I have observed much of this feedback taken to heart and it is being considered if not incorporated going forward. However, the timelines for changes are a LOT longer than I would like; Game-wide changes can take many event cycles to incorporate, if ever. Local changes (i.e things ostensibly under the control of The West International Team (aka ".net") often require approval from the next level and everything that goes along with that which is still an event-cycle or two.

I was VERY pleased to see the changes made to Siringo in response to that set going through the Beta world. I was frankly astounded that such a major change was even considered let alone implemented; I hope you agree with my optimisim that this is a sign of things to come.
Thanks for the response, all good comments/communication.

As for speed world = for testing, it was more along the lines of opportunity cost, not necessarily using a speed world to test things. Here's (yet another) speed event (4th in under a year?) and yet no communication to have an event world to test several new fort sets or tower adjustments for battles? I know Awesomia is being used for testing, but sometimes having a world focused on just battles and having generals, onliners, best gear, topics, can yield better results. Maybe it's just easier to set up 4 speed events, rather than 1 fort event.

WhyN0t

alas "obvious" and provable to a standard sufficient to impose penalties are very different things...
It was provable. Every damn time. And and if you are incompetent and can't prove something obvious, change the speed rules so you can't cheat so easily.