Save adventures

Ranger-Schwartz

For adventures, I will go with Mr. Miyagi's famous adage that essentially says to start with some basics.... first learn walk, than learn fly

I am a big fan of Goober's mention of NPC players helping to end this dumb, epically long wait for a match. Seriously I have been in the que for hours sometimes (so long I forgot I was in it). This way, if there is a 6 player match and someone (for whatever their reasons are) decides the match is not to their liking, they can immediately be replaced with an NPC with similar statistics. OR if you've been in que for 15 minutes of your life, as have others...the difference (lets say you're missing 4 other players).....than the subsequent number of NPC's would be added to help give those 2 real life souls waiting for a match some peace...and a match to play!

Dueling levels determining teams makes sense...if the person has actively been dueling to do anything other than stay in duel protection. Some players have since reskilled and are years removed from what now is effectively an inaccurate accounting of their dueling standard. I'd love to know what currently is the algorithm for what exactly determines the teams. I'm willing to bet dueling level is better, so I'd sign on for that.

Lastly, my idea is to give everyone credit and better rewards for playing! All should get a bond for playing a match once per day, not one for winning one...it's hard enough to get into a game.....also during events INCREASE the event currency for participating and winning from 50 for winners to 250.....and make 50 the bare minimum.....also--- make the adventure currency reward system changed....that weird part of the shop--the "veteran" points tab.... is really, really weird...like REALLY weirdo, man. 1/2 of the "rewards" are like the dusty weird things the old person down the street gives you for visiting them (which btw I would treasure greatly compared to the "veteran" points rewards in the shop)....we know Inno "means well" and wants to "give" us something for what we did, but those rewards don't really make playing adventures more fun....and they have little effect on forts or other parts of the game.

Caerdwyn

Something like your ranking at Addy would make more sense to apply to Addy than your duel level. Rank 1-50 can queue up with other 1st-50th (or 1st-25th, if you want to make it a tighter cluster), 51st-100th queue together, and so on. The people who actually like Addy will then be up against other people who actually like it. People who have to suffer through it, will likewise end up queued into like-minded teams. 12 worlds x Addy rank 1-50 is plenty of options for the queue to link up, even split around the globe.

I'm 66th in Fairbanks, in 42 just games, so it's pretty obvious that the vast majority have never played, have no interest in playing, or can't even figure out how to get started. The people at the top WANT to play and know what they're doing when finally allowed in; they're not there for a daily bond or some quest drop.

Ranger-Schwartz

well i stand by my post which was right before yours with some fresh ideas on how to properly reward folks. Maybe not my ideas...but something new to reward someone for queing in to adventures. a bond for playing instead of winning is a start....then go from there

asdf124

Lastly, my idea is to give everyone credit and better rewards for playing! All should get a bond for playing a match once per day, not one for winning one...it's hard enough to get into a game.....also during events INCREASE the event currency for participating and winning from 50 for winners to 250.....and make 50 the bare minimum.....also--- make the adventure currency reward system changed....that weird part of the shop--the "veteran" points tab.... is really, really weird...like REALLY weirdo, man. 1/2 of the "rewards" are like the dusty weird things the old person down the street gives you for visiting them (which btw I would treasure greatly compared to the "veteran" points rewards in the shop)....we know Inno "means well" and wants to "give" us something for what we did, but those rewards don't really make playing adventures more fun....and they have little effect on forts or other parts of the game.
You get one for playing, it still counts oddly.(it didn't always work like that thou)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
There’s the daily quest from the “task” board “adventure played” good for 15VP
And the “daily task” “adventure won” good for one bond

Ranger-Schwartz

right but if you just go and play an adventure ....don't win....and get those weirdo "veteran points" from the saloon.....that is no bueno for bonds. you still gotta win it

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The main things adventures needs is an improvement to the matching scheme that accounts for both gear and experience. This would best be served by locking in your gear at the time you click “join queue”. This would also mitigate the problem of people forgetting to change gear a bit and particularly the problem of people being stuck in their dueling or church building gear (which is another disincentive to join in the first place).
Yeah, I know some people like to tune their gear based on the matchup but if the matchups are better.....

the next step is mitigating the communications nightmare. This might best be accomplished by switching to a limited drop down chat system over the free form chat eg
Subject: none|player A/B/C|all
Order: none|move|shoot|block|heal|buff|hide
Target: none|loon|mill|bank|Player a/b/c|opponent a/b/c|first|last
Note: perhaps allow free form chat during the setup stage. And in the pre-game/post-game.

next it’s about critical mass and expectations. When people join queue give them a clue how many people have queued up in the past half hour “expected wait: short|med|long. “. It doesn’t even have to be accurate or especially honest, but it should relatively reflect the fact that certain times of day see more queuing than others.Then promote it in a way that helps inspire queuing when a couple more people would make the difference. Ie interstitials few times a day when the queue is close to making a match. And run some minor events that inspire bursts of participation (event currency has been good for this when it was higher, albeit with drawbacks of “sharing”)

and yeah about sharing: 35:35 should be a double loss; same reward as 28:28

Caerdwyn

Can multiple Addy instances run concurrently? If 12 people sign up at the same time, do six wait in queue until the first six are finished or do two games get created and the 12 are split between them (by some esoteric formula)?

Ranger-Schwartz

I like Goob's idea, and yeah, Caerdwyn....you need adequate / decent rewards for adventures. It's a big big part of why players like me play them..I'm only playing them now for the coins at St. Patty's Day and occasional event currency....and there are a lot of others like me. But that could change. Weirdo sets / chests with weirdo set pieces or odd products like "mojo" are no good. Also to further Goob's ideas.....if we had NPC filters we wouldn't have to wait for any kind of significant length of time

Harriet Oleson

From my point of view, it would be even better if there was a complete PvE mode ...
If there was one, I would play sooooo much more : without any stress, any kind of humiliation feelling or equivalent; without any waiting time to find players too. The current rewards aren't great but there's still the possiblity to validate quests, dailies, achievements, collection, sell items, exchange at angus, gather event currency ... Actually, that's a lot for a game which doesn't cost anything (no energy, HP, money) and where we can only WIN things, even when we lose. But the biggest problem of this game for me it's that's scary lol : stress with short chronometers everywhere, no possibility to train without penalising others when we don't know the game, bad interaction with players who want to win at all cost, etc etc, without mentionning my screen is small so it takes me more time than average to see the map (and see who can reach me etc). All of this makes it very stressfull for me, not enjoyable at all and in the end I don't dare to play. Don't know if we are a lot in that case but a possibility to train without penalising others should be the very strict minimum to less feel this way ...

But I'm talking in my personal case here. In a general way, I think better rewards could be good but could be problematic too : it'd be good to motivate even more those who already participate, those who used to participate and maybe some others who just didn't want to bother until now. But "problematic" cause the outlaw set is an adv set (I think ?); so if upgraded to the point it's considered as a "good set" and won by the best adv players, that can only make them even stronger and so kinda "unreachable". If good set/buff as a reward, that shouldn't be set/buff for adv. Plus, the ambiance in adv caused by players who want the best results at all cost is already bad while the rewards are considered as "lame". So if they were considered as good, I can only imagine it being worse ...

And about the 35-35 thing, I thought when 35-35, the winner was decided between the team who KO the most or something like that (that's written in the wiki). If that's it, even with a shared VP reward there's still a winner, and only winners can validate quests or daily requirement (which is a type of reward too).

Goober Pyle

The West Team
From my point of view, it would be even better if there was a complete PvE mode ...
If there was one, I would play sooooo much more : without any stress, any kind of humiliation feelling or equivalent; without any waiting time to find players too. The current rewards aren't great but there's still the possiblity to validate quests, dailies, achievements, collection, sell items, exchange at angus, gather event currency ... Actually, that's a lot for a game which doesn't cost anything (no energy, HP, money) and where we can only WIN things, even when we lose. But the biggest problem of this game for me it's that's scary lol : stress with short chronometers everywhere, no possibility to train without penalising others when we don't know the game, bad interaction with players who want to win at all cost, etc etc, without mentionning my screen is small so it takes me more time than average to see the map (and see who can reach me etc). All of this makes it very stressfull for me, not enjoyable at all and in the end I don't dare to play. Don't know if we are a lot in that case but a possibility to train without penalising others should be the very strict minimum to less feel this way ...

But I'm talking in my personal case here. In a general way, I think better rewards could be good but could be problematic too : it'd be good to motivate even more those who already participate, those who used to participate and maybe some others who just didn't want to bother until now. But "problematic" cause the outlaw set is an adv set (I think ?); so if upgraded to the point it's considered as a "good set" and won by the best adv players, that can only make them even stronger and so kinda "unreachable". If good set/buff as a reward, that shouldn't be set/buff for adv. Plus, the ambiance in adv caused by players who want the best results at all cost is already bad while the rewards are considered as "lame". So if they were considered as good, I can only imagine it being worse ...

And about the 35-35 thing, I thought when 35-35, the winner was decided between the team who KO the most or something like that (that's written in the wiki). If that's it, even with a shared VP reward there's still a winner, and only winners can validate quests or daily requirement (which is a type of reward too).

FWIW, I have proposed that when we merge some dead worlds we keep one of them around as a FF free world (give all forts to Henry make them uncapturable, set the dig settings to the maximum to discourage any digging)

Adding settings that minimize duels is a possibility as well, but I think to be economically worthwhile such a world would have to be predominantly a duelers paradise.

I just don’t thin a pure PvE world has any chance to pay for itself. Even if it was wildly popular I don’t see people paying for premium/tombolas. Perhaps a subscription fee Model could work but I doubt it.

Harriet Oleson

You're talking about a PvE world, but when I wrote "complete PvE mode", I didn't want to talk about a PvE world but just an adventure mode. Like we could chose between playing against/with other players or to play in a PvE mode.
It was a reference to your and Ranger-Schwartz ideas of an IA which could replace lacking toons if the waiting time was too long or if players leave prematurely. I just think it'd be easier and more convenient to directly have access to a full PvE mode.