Best Ranged Set

Kered1892

Which set is best for ranged duelling?

I’m looking for the best set to increase aim, dodge and appearance.

Thx.

WhyN0t

Vaquero's or jaguar's.
But they don't give too much dodging. You may want to switch to josephine's set if you don't need too much shooting or appearance.

WhyN0t

No, lucky is a terrible set. It's useless. It cannot be used for t/f neither for a/d.

WhyN0t

That is what makes it the best overall set...
There is no perfect set, it's pointless to have a good set at everything because not excelling at anything will end up being bad at everything. This is not how duel works. Use different sets and combinations depending on your opponent's items. Your opponent may have 100000 aiming, 100000 tactics, 100000 appearance, 1000 dodging and 1000 shooting and you can easily beat him with 1000 aiming and 1100 reflex and some vigor/shooting (100 is enough if he has 0 total resistance). Other skills could be: 0 dodging, 0 appearance, 0 tactics, 0 toughness, it's enough to have ~1000 aiming (even less if you have a good weapon in terms of damage) and 1055-1100 reflex in this particular case. A set with every possible skill is pointless.

Caerdwyn

How would your example duelist's 1000 Aim work out after his 0 Appearance runs into the target's 100000 Tactics? Could it still beat the target's 1000 Dodge?

WhyN0t

Yes. Appearance is compared to tactics. Who have the higher value get an aiming bonus. After my thousands of duels I have found that winning the tactics or appearance bonus doubles your aiming. It doesn't matter if you have 1 point over your opponent's value or 1 million points (I tested this dozens of times, at a difference of 1, 2, 5, 10, 100, 1000 skill points difference). The aim bonus is the same (+100% aim by my calculations).

Caerdwyn

So it's a static comparison, not a zero to [value] roll? Tanku! That's not well explained anywhere.

Kered1892

There is no perfect set, it's pointless to have a good set at everything because not excelling at anything will end up being bad at everything. This is not how duel works. Use different sets and combinations depending on your opponent's items. Your opponent may have 100000 aiming, 100000 tactics, 100000 appearance, 1000 dodging and 1000 shooting and you can easily beat him with 1000 aiming and 1100 reflex and some vigor/shooting (100 is enough if he has 0 total resistance). Other skills could be: 0 dodging, 0 appearance, 0 tactics, 0 toughness, it's enough to have ~1000 aiming (even less if you have a good weapon in terms of damage) and 1055-1100 reflex in this particular case. A set with every possible skill is pointless.

100000 aiming???

Has the game really changed that much since the last time I was here???

C0OPeR

^ Better jaguar horse and saddle at 3, but you are too poor to make them :)))
vaquero level3 are some equal with level2 jaquar , but they was not sellable on new year bags and i am not mad spend real money for nuggets to achive level3 jaquar in that nugget event ;)

C0OPeR

@WhyN0t so if opponent has more tactics does he get 100% bonus dodging or do i get an aim penalty? (And how much)
when u touch somebody with more tactic than your app , u can not increase your attack value and will have less chance to hit him but he can increase his chance to hit u and if he have good dodging , can dodge most your rounds too as your aim did not boost by app ;)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
let me see if I got this right:
1) if your appearance won't be higher than their tactics you might as well have zero appearance?
2) if your appearance IS higher than their tactics, every additional point there is wasted?
3) if your .75*(reflex|toughness)+.25*(toughness|resistance) is below their (shooting|vigor) you receive no resist bonus and might as well hove no resist?
4) if your .75*(reflex|toughness)+.25*(toughness|resistance) is above their (shooting|vigor) you receive a resist bonus and every extra point there is wasted?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
let me see if I got this right:
1) if your appearance won't be higher than their tactics you might as well have zero appearance?
2) if your appearance IS higher than their tactics, every additional point there is wasted?
3) if your .75*(reflex|toughness)+.25*(toughness|resistance) is below their (shooting|vigor) you receive no resist bonus and might as well hove no resist?
4) if your .75*(reflex|toughness)+.25*(toughness|resistance) is above their (shooting|vigor) you receive a resist bonus and every extra point there is wasted?
so, the best "all purposes" build is pure Aim+Dodge+(Shooting|vigor)<-(for the damage not the resist comparisons) ?