Feedback Advent Calendar 2021

Pankreas PorFavor

Hey I have a question about this event

will the rankings/rewards/answers be given out on a periodic basis or is it all at the end?

from the contest rules:

4. When will you publish the correct answers and winners?
As of the complexity of the contest it make take us more days to proceed all your answers. We guarantee to publish for all games the winners until 28th December 2021.

6. How can I receive my rewards?
At the end of the contest you are going to need to create a support ticket to request your rewards. More information will be provided when we publish the winners.

I understand that we will have to wait until 28th December to see if we won anything and then submit a support ticket.
I hope that they will at least publish the correct solutions for each puzzle before that. Maybe start tomorrow with the answer for Game #1 when the deadline for participation expires, and then continue to publish them daily.

Alduin

The first 5 correct answers: Ibenezer Grinch's chest
The first 3 players with the most correct answers: 500 Nuggets + An old avatar + 3 x Choose any Mega Christmas Bag from 2013-2021

It seems hardly fair as we have friends playing from N/S America and 2 mini events came around 10-11am server time which is bit late night for them instead of first picking randomly would be more fair imo. @Syntex @mnnielsen

Vagabonden

The first 3 players with the most correct answers: 500 Nuggets + An old avatar + 3 x Choose any Mega Christmas Bag from 2013-2021

It seems hardly fair as we have friends playing from N/S America and 2 mini events came around 10-11am server time which is bit late night for them instead of first picking randomly would be more fair imo. @Syntex @mnnielsen

its time to spam the F5 between 10-11

DeletedUser15368

Well we are the international server, we have players from all continents, except probably Antarctica, but who knows.
All the new mods that I have ever heard of are European, the two CM's come from local Euro servers where they likely didn't have to deal with much of an intercontinental playerbase.

Randomised prizes like the beta team does would be fairer something like;
- 1 random winner with maximum (5) correct answers win the big nugget + old avatar + chest prize
- 3 random winners with maximum (5) correct answers win medium nugget + old avatar + some xmas bags
- Everyone who is tied for the most correct answers gets some xmas bags

Could also design one of the games so that you get a reward link for solving a puzzle or something, as a really easy automatic way of giving a participation prize.

It's cool that you're doing contests though, even though the game isn't currently in any sort of enjoyable state. Thanks for the effort.
For Christmas next year, I would like fixed PvP pls.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager

Do you think it would be a solution to post questions between 18-22 CET?

Well we are the international server, we have players from all continents, except probably Antarctica, but who knows.
All the new mods that I have ever heard of are European, the two CM's come from local Euro servers where they likely didn't have to deal with much of an intercontinental playerbase.

Randomised prizes like the beta team does would be fairer something like;
- 1 random winner with maximum (5) correct answers win the big nugget + old avatar + chest prize
- 3 random winners with maximum (5) correct answers win medium nugget + old avatar + some xmas bags
- Everyone who is tied for the most correct answers gets some xmas bags

Could also design one of the games so that you get a reward link for solving a puzzle or something, as a really easy automatic way of giving a participation prize.

It's cool that you're doing contests though, even though the game isn't currently in any sort of enjoyable state. Thanks for the effort.
For Christmas next year, I would like fixed PvP pls.
As you can see we have a lot of random rewards, most of them are even more valuable, but we wanted to give also something for the very active players.

SB.access

missed the 2nd day game :-D
is there any archive for this? I want to re-read the "quiz" from day 1-25 (so far 3 games)

Beefmeister

almost got me with that 3rd question...ngl

overall, i have a good feeling about this event. i like it
i would prefer questions related to the game more than the first 2, if it actually makes me learn new things about the game, as did the 3rd one. it's kinda amazing that after 3 years of playing this game almost every single day, there are still some things that i find out about. you can even add a "what is the real effect of praying"...i don't mind not answering to that as long as i see the answer around the 28th of december :lol:

Last edited:

Alduin

Do you think it would be a solution to post questions between 18-22 CET?

We being international community we have players from everywhere as lulumcnoob said, safest bet is picking randomly from corrects answers to be fair against everyone.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I am wondering a bit about how long time you have to answer each question. Is it until 0:00? Because it seems the questions are posted later and later each day which gives a shorter window of answering. Ideally they would be posted at 10 am ST each day or something like that.

Beefmeister

also, i think we should be allowed to edit posts at least until the deadline ends...

not sure if the tools allow that but they should

Al35ul

May a mod confirm that all questions have at least 24 hours to answer? Meaning that the deadline to answer a question is the following day at 23:59, so really the first 4 questions have had way over 24 hours to answer.

If it is indeed at least 24 hours to answer then that is enough time I would think.
For all games, the deadline is 23:59 (CET) the day after it was posted.

PrancingPurplePony

So far I am extremely underwhelmed by this event.
With times starting at 1000 game time, that is 4AM local for me.
I am not getting up to check what the days quiz is about and then spend time researching whatever it may be about, in order to be one of the first to answer correctly for chance at a prize. Sleep is much more important.
For that matter I wouldn't spend my time researching for anything less than a guaranteed worthwhile prize of some sort.

Contii

The first 5 will get an Ibenezer Grinch's chest. Then in each game 3 winners will be randomly drawn. we also try to post games later so that you also have a chance to be among the fastest 5.

magwai the akeoj

The first 5 will get an Ibenezer Grinch's chest. Then in each game 3 winners will be randomly drawn. we also try to post games later so that you also have a chance to be among the fastest 5.

It was discussed somewhere that the reason you are selecting the first 5 correct answers is that you want the most active players to be rewarded...except, this game event wasn't published anywhere. There was no notice on any of the worlds saying that you're doing this game, like last year when there was a popup alerting players to the games.

So, the only people who know about it are the ones who actively come to the forum. You are just penalizing people who aren't on 24/7...which means, what's the point? It doesn't help make people want to be active on the forum.

It makes me sad. I really enjoyed this game, despite all the issues...but the last 6-7 months have made me wonder why I should continue playing...taking away events from players, penalizing people who aren't on European time, not being transparent. It's disheartening.

Ektoras BOTrini

prizes should be randomized for ALL , you cant post something at 4AM local american time and when most of them sleep and wait for them to get an answer first , this is totally unfair for people that live across the globe and have MASSIVE time diference , whats the point for them to parictipate?

TOTAL JOKE

DingleBerry Bunny

What I like about the advent game: learning about other cultures traditions and thinking about The West puzzles. What I dislike: the random speed times that will benefit only those who use scripts to alert them to when a new game is up. Yes, I know scripts are illegal. That won't stop them.

Vagabonden

What I like about the advent game: learning about other cultures traditions and thinking about The West puzzles. What I dislike: the random speed times that will benefit only those who use scripts to alert them to when a new game is up. Yes, I know scripts are illegal. That won't stop them.

Go to the section, click on watch. Click on ALERT + EMAIl. BOOOm you just scripted yourself to get an email faster than any script can do it.

Reason why?
Because email gets send async when the new thread is created. Script can't do that ;)

Update -

Now on your phone, install some kind of email app, make it play
and boom you know when a new thread have been created