Asking for union officer to be nerfed every day until it's being nerfed

Beefmeister

Alright, I wasted about an hour of my life with this...
The point of this topic is to show how the current f2p set choice for damagers fairs against the NEW DOTD Ron set...and Union officer which people seem to not wanna nerf at all

ron.png

This is the new DOTD set that is about to come...a trash set in its current state that is not even better than a combination of a 3 years old horse set and a 2 years old clothing set

Those stats, along with my 729 leadership that I have on Colorado...will give you this:

ron1.1.png

Does it seem good? Because it isn't. Anyway, to prove that, I will upload the comparison

This is a combination of Phoebe clothing set and weapons with Murrieta horse set:
ron2.png

Those stats, along with my 729 leadership that I have on Colorado...will give you this:
ron 2.2.png

You can see that the difference is not huge with the first set...although it's been years between them. Proof how OP (if I can use that word) this FREE TO PLAY combination was at the time. You haven't seen anything yet

This is Union Set, a set that's been in the game for years as well and nothing has been done about it because whoever released this set never ever had any idea how this game is supposed to be played.

ron 3.png

Before I show the attack that this combination gives, which is significantly higher than the above 2 sets...I want to underline the sector bonus...which is the thing that completely unbalances this set...
I have no idea who in the right mind considered that this set should have the best sector damage in the game...and let's add to that 21 attack too cuz why not, let's make it the most ridiculous set ever. That sector bonus compares maybe with a full murrieta set, which has 150 sector bonus damage. Almost nobody is using that set nowadays. Everyone is using Phoebe, bonuses are in this topic. That set has no sector bonus, only 16 attack, that is worse than Union. So it's basically a combination of two sets, and somehow it's better than both? LMAO

ron 3.3.png

~20 attack more than the 2021 dotd set...

Anyway, it doesn't really matter much, those stats are combined with a very powerful structure bonus that will make you hit anyway...the percentage is huge, as everyone knows by now. And this extra bonus helps a lot in defense, combined with the fact that there's no attack tank set. Some people use Cortina in attack and they have around 100def...if you put 170vs100 def, you know what happens - this is on ground...add the tower bonus ( for example DT union duelers have around 300 attack...put that vs 100 def from attack tanks). Not ridiculous at all

What's really been on my mind for all these years is how is it possible for this set to not be nerfed? At some point I read somewhere that it can't be because it's not legal...doesn't meet some regulations, blah blah blah.

So I am a bit curious, what is gonna happen for the next coming years, presuming that the players will keep playing your trash game. Are we gonna get slight upgrades on the current sets...and the unioners will just have their sets to play around however they want, to remind us of the mistakes of the previous developer that never ever touched this game at all? They outmatch every single free to play player, in every single fort fight...no matter skill or luck or whatever. It's just that ridiculous. This is the individual side of the problem

The other real problem is that the sector bonus is the worst thing that happened to this game after the structure bonuses. Imagine you have about 4-5 unioners in 4-5 different sectors and they boost literally everyone's damage in that sector. In attack we're talking moat that accommodates up to 36 players...

The obvious solution in my opinion is to simply remove the sector bonus from this set, completely. And reducing the attack bonus to normal standard. (15 attack). That along with reverting the tower bonuses will make this game sorta PLAYABLE. I will ask for it every day until someone considers it at least. No expectations

Pankreas PorFavor

they will probably never touch union officer set since people paid real money for it and who knows where it could lead if they nerf it. but enough time has passed to introduce new sets and other changes that would lower the impact of this set or counter it, and yet it never happened... as someone said "A game is broken only when the game can not be found online or knocks members offline in play." getting slaughtered in 90% of attacks is perfectly fine... :no::-(

Poker Alice

We now have Hendrik Klindworth right where want him. He is scared. Let this serve as a warning! There may be a hostile take over of INNO in the future once @Pankreas PorFavor comes up with the money to buy the company out. I was asked by a member if I had a connection with INNO because I did dare to disagree with the head forum bosses of the elders group. I'm thinkin' Pankreas has elected me to be the next CEO because I now have the title of someone.
someone said "A game is broken only when the game can not be found online or knocks members offline in play." getting slaughtered in 90% of attacks is perfectly fine... :no::-(
Now that is better than being a no one, an anyone, a member or a player. Yes I think calling the west a broken game is pretty much an exaggeration.

Alright, I wasted about an hour of my life with...

playing your trash game...

They outmatch every single free to play player, in every single fort fight...no matter skill or luck or whatever.

What is this (union) topic really all about? Free versus Pay for (huge) advantage.
I would call this game a competitive game.
If you want advantage get out your wallet man.

If not as a free player "lol raider, just play the game casualy" - @Don Piroquita

I would agree with anyone suggesting that free players are also important to the west game.
So catering to both kinds of players, free and paying players would be a smart thing to do.

Beefmeister

alice...i don't really understand, why do you need to have a contrary opinion with everyone on this game...that doesn't make you special in any way if that's the case

as on topic though...how many fort fights have you been to in 2021? maybe you should actually play the game before considering telling me that it's not broken. adventures are broken too. what is not broken? your quests? those are broken too at release ;)

every single thing you say on this forum is what an ignorant person who has no idea how this game works would say...and you defending inno is pretty much obvious in each and every case.

and just so you know, if union is ever released again (which would be the death of fort fights), i will be the one spending money on it, if that's relevant in any case. because i do play this game

if you don't have anything better to do apart from trolling people on this forum, ask me and i will happily give you a few responsibilities. you can even farm for me if you want

they will probably never touch union officer set since people paid real money for it and who knows where it could lead if they nerf it. but enough time has passed to introduce new sets and other changes that would lower the impact of this set or counter it, and yet it never happened... as someone said "A game is broken only when the game can not be found online or knocks members offline in play." getting slaughtered in 90% of attacks is perfectly fine... :no::-(

well, you can actually see what happens without union on the new-ish worlds. it's not much different in terms of attack/defence win rate but the damage is way less significant than on worlds with union. the problem is, the current fix for defence domination is considered to be reducing the tower bonuses or reverting them to what it was before cortina. if you do that, the damage impact changes. remember when attacks were dominating how bad the power creep of the union set was? right now it's not that obvious, because the hit rates for people with f2p sets on towers are insane and somehow compensate for it. if the tower bonuses would be reverted though, union officer set would be again in a class of its own. that's why both of those nerfs/fixes have to come together if people ever wanna have enjoyable battles again.

i've been competing on colorado as a player without union for 1st place medals for 2 years straight.

first year, before the tower updates, it was just impossible to compete with unioners.
now, it's SORT OF possible i guess...with lots of luck and not missing any battle. but the difference is still there

what's worrying me is that people do want this set released further, like they didn't have enough on the first batch. :lol:
i'm not gonna lie, i want it too, only to be on par with the others. but i know what this set can do on an eventual sale and the perspective is kinda grim.
i just hope people support this idea, if not, well...fate is sealed

Alduin

Yeh, first of all no company will reduce amount of stuff from their premium products. In case of games, there is several laws preventing them to nerf premium products (as i hear from various other game companies). When asked which laws are they, simply ignoring question is the best answer according to most but there is a factor which makes me think there might be something related but not completely same as they talk. As you paying exp: 50$ for union set and they bring X set for 40$ and they nerfing union set means it will not worth 50$ stuff anymore so bamboozle. I dunno i suck at maths or economics but i assume there should be logical or atleast few gaps in some laws to allow games never nerf premium stuff. As they tend to have decorated lawyers etc. :p

Poker Alice

if union is ever released again... i will be the one spending money on it... because...

well, you can actually see what happens without union on the new-ish worlds. it's not much different in terms of attack/defence win rate but the damage is way less significant than on worlds with union. the problem is, the current fix for defence domination is considered to be reducing the tower bonuses or reverting them to what it was before cortina.
Okay, if we have an idea on how the game parameters can be changed we can pass that idea on to others and see what they think. If a player or INNO likes an idea then fine. But if an idea is rejected or something we write for whatever reason what then? Attack INNO or another player? (more on that later).

Yeh, first of all no company will reduce amount of stuff from their premium products. In case of games, there is several laws preventing them to nerf premium products (as i hear from various other game companies). When asked which laws are they, simply ignoring question is the best answer according to most but there is a factor which makes me think there might be something related but not completely same as they talk. As you paying exp: 50$ for union set and they bring X set for 40$ and they nerfing union set means it will not worth 50$ stuff anymore so bamboozle. I dunno i suck at maths or economics but i assume there should be logical or atleast few gaps in some laws to allow games never nerf premium stuff. As they tend to have decorated lawyers etc. :p
I think you have made a really good point as to why some settings might not be so easily changed.

@Beefmeister Members can have a different opinion than other players and I do have a different opinion on the forum. That is not trolling or being contrary. You are the one that stated you will ask everyday here for the same thing over and over again until you get some kind of response from someone. The very fact that you are getting upset with me and calling me an ignorant troll is because you claim that I am in your words, "defending INNO". That says a thousand words clearly. Why must INNO or anyone for that matter be attacked?

The way it should be working is everyone on the forum should be on the same team helping each other (even if they don't all agree) but people like you and @Pankreas PorFavor and a couple of others choose to fight with other or INNO. The fact is yes, I've played the game both in fort battles and elsewhere. I can continue to play the game in away that I wish to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I just want to note that f2p can get wilson with cortina animals/guns and on attack on the ground in full Mob/HP build has DEF: 134.9 RESIST:188.72

It's not 170, but it's also not 100.

Union should have been nerfed from the start; it still should be nerfed, but if it's not going to be nerfed then a counter should be deployed. The most obvious counter would be a set with 215 sector resistance and enough decent other stats for a p2p player to want to wear it despite it primarily being only a buffing-others set (e.g. a "traps/hiding" set that in a traps or hiding build gives that player ~1400 resist so he'll rack up the dodge/hits-taken stats to climb the leaderboard, but can still be taken out by dueler crits or >7 top damager hits; but make it a 10-piece set so he's stuck with a lame damage gun.

RaiderTr

Asking it every day hehe that sounds familiar :roll:
People would lynch me for that :lol:

Anyways..
Even a small Damage decrease on Union Officer Rifle will do wonders when it comes to balancing Unioner vs non-Unioner.

Took them only 2 years for them to admit their mistake tho, so expect at least another 2 for an action I'd say.

Last edited:

Poker Alice

*Sigh*, Poker Alice, you come onto post and attack or belittle players who express their frustration or put forth ideas for possible changes. All I have seen you do is express that you are fine with the games as is, okay then you do you. Every time I see you have posted I have come to expect you have decided to bring drama and harass other players with nonsense.

So maybe next time you decide to throw your hat in the ring make it be something to do with the topic in a constructive manner, if you don't understand how or what the issue is, then try to learn and become familiar with what is being spoken of before responding. For example: Goober Pyle suggestion above, it adds to the conversation without bashing anybody, he has gained knowledge through learning and gave suggestions.

No reason to call Beef a bully, when he responded to you in the same way you responded to his post. Also you don't have to put your two cents into every post made. You could stick to ones that personally effect you and obviously union weapons have no effect on you.

Sorry to the mod that will have to clean this up later, Sorry.

Thank you
If you think what I am only posting causes drama it is easy to message me about your concerns. Instead you choose to criticize me on a public forum. For what? I am fine with the game? In your opinion I am attacking other players for writing that? I will admit I do give what is being handed to me back. If someone is going to call me an an ignorant troll that is alright with you but I should never talk back? Is that it? Listen if you don't want me writing this kind of stuff in response in the forum to what people say about me then why did you write in the forum? To cause drama? Answer that question please!

Okay, if we have an idea on how the game parameters can be changed we can pass that idea on to others and see what they think. If a player or INNO likes an idea then fine. But if an idea is rejected or something we write for whatever reason what then? Attack INNO or another player? (more on that later).

I think you have made a really good point as to why some settings might not be so easily changed.

@Beefmeister Members can have a different opinion than other players and I do have a different opinion on the forum. That is not trolling or being contrary. You are the one that stated you will ask everyday here for the same thing over and over again until you get some kind of response from someone. The very fact that you are getting upset with me and calling me an ignorant troll is because you claim that I am in your words, "defending INNO". That says a thousand words clearly. Why must INNO or anyone for that matter be attacked?

The way it should be working is everyone on the forum should be on the same team helping each other (even if they don't all agree) but people like you and @Pankreas PorFavor and a couple of others choose to fight with other or INNO. The fact is yes, I've played the game both in fort battles and elsewhere. I can continue to play the game in away that I wish to play it. So beef-bully you can take your western game play business offer of working on a farm for you and stick it so far up your ass you won't know what you had for breakfast that morning.:lol:

You are accusing me of attacking someone who attacks me but what did I write to his post that was so terrible. Really?

I wrote ..

What is this (union) topic really all about? Free versus Pay for (huge) advantage.
I would call this game a competitive game.

Is it not true that the game is made competitive because people pay with their own money?

I also wrote to his post that I thought...
I would agree with anyone suggesting that free players are also important to the west game.
So catering to both kinds of players, free and paying players would be a smart thing to do.

What the hell does that have to do with attacking Beefmeister? Right after I responded to Beefmeister in my post I was attacked by Beefmeister calling me an ignorant troll. He is the one that attacked me first not the other way around.

The other person in this tread I replied to was Pankreas who quoted what I wrote in an another thread. Why should I not respond to members that quote me? If they feel this is drama then they can stop quoting me.

No, I don't want to write into posts that the ct should be .08 while the bs should 1.9 or it will give someone the dt's

Last edited:

Poker Alice

Edited to add: In the end Inno has already admitted that union power was too strong. How did they do this without saying it out loud? By never putting it up for sale again. The other premium weapons they offer such as Deputy Chef and Lucille Lasso have been put up for sale several times a year from the point they were released. So really the union is an ongoing issue. Now that it is here, it has an effect on the game that yes also makes players that want to be competitive not able to because they had the bad luck to miss the one and only sale.
This does not apply to new worlds only to older worlds. Is that correct?

Poker Alice

i'm sorry alice, you just fit the stereotype. prove me wrong and i will apologize
I'm okay with different points of view and a discussion of a topic as long as it is civil.
If you really wanted to add more to the topic you would. You said that is what you wanted however this post isn't doing that.
Sorry, but I don't have to prove anything to you. The fact that you want to stereotype members does say a lot. Why don't you just stick to the topic? Did you not read @Alduin comment at all?

Beefmeister

I'm okay with different points of view and a discussion of a topic as long as it is civil.
If you really wanted to add more to the topic you would. You said that is what you wanted however this post isn't doing that.
Sorry, but I don't have to prove anything to you. The fact that you want to stereotype members does say a lot. Why don't you just stick to the topic? Did you not read @Alduin comment at all?

what exactly is there to add? do i look like i am a lawyer? should i add random comments or state my opinion on things i know nothing about? (like you keep doing on every single thread that exists on this forum - confirmed by the jwillow comment and the reactions to it)

there's also the goober comment that is there, which is true to some extent. i was aware of it already. should i reply to that with a well placed "noted" just so poker alice gets the satisfaction

don't you realize you're just obnoxious and annoy almost everyone on this forum? if you don't, i will tell you that, so we clear that thing out.
you keep going on and on...just stop already. you're like the west's forum own Karen

that being said, being past 00:00 .net server time, 2nd day. union set nowhere near nerfed...

Poker Alice

what exactly is there to add? do i look like i am a lawyer? should i add random comments or state my opinion on things i know nothing about? (like you keep doing on every single thread that exists on this forum - confirmed by the jwillow comment and the reactions to it)

there's also the goober comment that is there, which is true to some extent. i was aware of it already. should i reply to that with a well placed "noted" just so poker alice gets the satisfaction

don't you realize you're just obnoxious and annoy almost everyone on this forum? if you don't, i will tell you that, so we clear that thing out.
you keep going on and on...just stop already. you're like the west's forum own Karen
:D Write anything about the topic if you want to stay on topic. Otherwise you are the one being annoying and obnoxious.

What a lie you spin.
stop!o_O ... but then immediately, "that being said, being past 00:00 .net server time, 2nd day. union set nowhere near nerfed..." :rolleyes:

All I have seen you do is express that you are fine with the games as is, okay then you do you. Every time I see you have posted I have come to expect you have decided to bring drama and harass other players with nonsense.
I'm not saying the game is perfect. It is not drama, harassment, nonsense to state an opinion. This member writes that the west game is a trash game. I disagree. Certainly there can be suggestions made but I disagree that this post is being constructive.

If the team thinks a particular item might improve game play and INNO can or is willing to change settings then fine. If not then why hurt other members by putting down the team, the west game and INNO into the ground. For example he wants other members to think the newest world is "the worst world ever" just because he is frustrated. That is not constructive but hurting other players.

Last edited:

Artem124

my union lvl 1 set is just collecting dust in my inventory..
no battles = no use of it , or i dont have time to be online to actually use it..
+ theres probably 5-10% pay to win in this game while 90% play for free
so how is union so op when very little own it??

Don Piroquita

if you're getting so frustrated with the game, you'd better try another hobby, only then will you realize that the wrong thing has always been you and not the game, i speak from my own experience.... much love from piroquita