World closure

Annie-Bell

To be clear, i am one of the players that said yeah these older worlds A,B,D,E,F,G,H,I even J probably best to combine them and create new 1 or 2 new servers to combine them or flow into more active server such as colorado or kansas. But it has been indicated by CM that they will close few at time and review will be in new year. Houston is one of the handful worlds where there is guaranteed daily battles. Know silly to say please allow migration into this worlds or that but was very disappointed to see that houston taken off list, even when there are people asking to go to houston. I am very sad to hear about galv and houston up for review, galv being my first server, and in its glory days .. dang it was great server where learnt so much from great players .. but realisticly totally understand the rational that for inno it is about the numbers, and money and that makes sense. Houston on other hand is few dozen less players then other worlds of "active players" where thee is rare ff's low market activity, kinda chore even to get crafts to do quests whereby Houson is
pretty much guaranteed daily battles, friends chat daily in ff's, and lately we have had extra nice of happy chatter in saloons with opposing team. But this
isnt the review of what worlds up to be closed, so will be only post to speak of why would like to see migration open to go to houston.

* So all that being said, know helen and odders both asked about migration into houston and hope can be reconsidered. Please advise (recognize Aug 9 coming soon).

* Also recognize that this thread kinda got off topic. Tbh we saw it was about W1 closure and where they would go. Totally felt for the bit of sadness of
saying goodbye to a server. I know people i have met in YIP Badgers WK and in AZ mean a great deal to me so offer my thoughts of not easy. My hope is you talk to people about the different servers. Every player likes game for different reasons and each world offers different things.

* With the thread going bit off topic, it came as pretty big surprise about galv and houston up next for review next year. Tbh heard people admit they kinda
stopped reading, heard it in colo saloon and came rushing back. I dont know if all players in houston and galv are even aware. But also recognize that this
thread is not to advocate to close or not close galv or houston but rather to speak about W1 and where they can migrate to. Sp hoping if need to either speak strongly for or agains houston and galv maybe a new thread be created, so we are mindful to the W1 players and not battling here, and to invite those that are and we dont go on another off topic thing as before

Other stuff may find interesting, that may not be reflected by looking at active players alone (who says size and frequency dont matter!! :D)

For 2 month period (June and July, includes Independence day as event, which typically creates more attendance)

AZ 10 awesomia 9 regular (reg battle size ranges, 40vs40 60v70, 60v40) ... 975 active per spreadsheet
Br 9 awesomia 10 regular (reg battle size ranges, 30v30, 30v20) ... 578 active per spreadsheet
Dak 8 awesomia 12 regular (reg battle size ranges, 30vs30, 35v30) ...506 active per spreadsheet
ED 10 awesomia 11 regular (reg battle size ranges, 30v30, 30v20) ...489 active per spreadsheet
FB 11 awesomia 28 regular (reg battle size ranges, 30v20, 40v30, 30v30)...650 active per spreadsheet
Gav 10 awesomia 10 regular (reg battls size ranges, 30vs20, 15v15, 25v10)... 360 active per spreadsheet
Hou 7 awesomia 47 regular (reg battles size ranges, 40vs40, 30v40, 30v25) ... 456 active per spreadsheet
Ida 9 awesomia 54 regular (reg battles size ranges, 40v30, 30v20, 20v15) ... 596 active per spreadsheet
Jua 9 awesomia 53 regular (reg battles size ranges, 45v35, 50v30, 40v30) ... 958 active per spreadsheet

(quick note: 7 awesomia dig in initiated by inno, some worlds would of meant no digs if no awesomia, houston, idaho, juarez likely regular battle would
replace awesomia if not dug, houston stated goal was 1 daily battle pretty close to reached, idaho and juarez had several battles during event plus other days multiple battles, houston trend increase in overall numbers, idaho fluctuates little then bigger battles, juarez trend decrease in overall with gap)

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Guaranteed daily battles and daily Drama.

I don't think Houston is %100 decided yet though.
It's still open for signing up, unlike Galveston. Although u can't migrate there.

Oddersfield

By way of pre-amble, I have toons on all worlds A to H. I love ff'g - well I used to. Now on many it has become an absolute joke. There is ZERO chance of the weaker side winning on most. That side can sometimes keep an attacked fort as current defense bonuses do help greatly. However, if attacked often enough, it will be lost and now there is no prospect of winning it back as defense bonuses work against them. People then lose interest: many go into vacation mode or quit. In turn, the world as a whole becomes less healthy so encouraging non-ffr's to move to pastures new. Now we are told that world is to be assessed on active player numbers.

I suggest the present ff'g woes boil down to two things. Firstly, Inno's present formulae and gear: they significantly favour the stronger side. Secondly, player politics. Both have to be solved, not just the first, on many worlds. Colorado differs from all other worlds in that re-arrangement of alliances for the benefit of all has been accepted for a long time. Some people have done a lot of work on that and kudos to them: Colorado is now reaping the benefits of their efforts. Sadly that same approach is pretty well absent everywhere else: still the 'us' and 'them' mentality rather than 'we'. Arizona used to be up there with Colorado in terms of ffs but is now a wreck. I am not sure why Arizona became so bad other than I saw comments from senior players there they were out to wreck ff'g in response to Inno's last round of changes. If I take that statement at face value, it would appear they have succeeded. Perhaps it was said tongue-in-cheek. I don't know.

If you look at current active player numbers they are very low on half a dozen or so worlds: there is no meaningful difference. Therefore, I believe Inno's assessment should be partly made on the basis of potential as well. Houston is now an old world yet it is being denied the same migration opportunities as other worlds. I cannot see how Inno claims to have made no decisions yet are already stacking the deck against Houston. Their statement and their action are mutually exclusive.

Of all the worlds I play, other than Colorado and Arizona, I believe Houston has the best potential for returning to a healthy state. We have gone a long way in 1-2 months. There is a willingness of most to change for the betterment of all. There will be those that resist change and want to keep old animosities alive: we can only try to persuade and educate. I am trying to undertake the same exercise on el Dorado. It is way harder than on Houston and is probably a lost cause, but I will persevere nonetheless. However, I do know that many players on El Dorado are non-active, active players (probably the same on Dakota, Galve and Briscoe) who are simply maintaining their toon until such time they can migrate - then they will be out of there. On Houston the active player base really is active :D

Last night we had an opening discussion about the possibility of one side exchanging tanks for the other sides damagers. Great idea in theory but likely hard to execute. Two months ago that discussion would have been laughed out of court by everybody.

Along with Annie, therefore, I am asking that Houston gets a fair crack of the whip. Further, I would ask any player who has a dormant Houston account to give us another try. The changes are real and I sincerely hope they stick - and we progress further. A lot of work still needs to be done.

Sorry to ramble on about a specific world. The same, of course, could be done on any world but the players there have to embrace a change in paradigm to what presently exists.

I don't think Houston is %100 decided yet though.
It's still open for signing up, unlike Galveston. Although u can't migrate there.

3 months ago I join Dakota by mistake and I saw that there were less than 350 characters, there are probably only 200 daily assets (maybe less), my main world is fairbanks, but wait, you are telling me that a world that started after fairbanks (galveston) has already been "blocked" for new joins but you can still join an older world and dead as fairbanks? Mr. CoMa @Hr.Nyborg do us a favor and also close the door of fairbanks too, hopefully that will accelerate the inevitable and hopefully before december we can migrate to colorado or some other "more recent" world like houston, idaho or juarez (w23 seems like a good option)

I spend on this server and others too, but frankly I'm tired of doing it because you are exaggeratedly slow to do things when they should be done, forget about 3.0 and other updates, something simple as migrations does not arrive when they should, do not you take too long and be the First CoMa that does things at the exact moment, tell that to the CoMa Lead and the marketing charm warmers who rethink their strategy to get new players because for more than 6 years they have been charging for doing a bad job

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Well as i have said before. At the moment we are still in vacation mode, and not much is done.

BUT at the moment all focus is on World 1. When all that work is done, i will have a more serious talk with my Lead about the "marked" in its whole content with all the worlds open.

RaiderTr

you are telling me that a world that started after fairbanks (galveston) has already been "blocked" for new joins but you can still join an older world and dead as fairbanks?
I mean..
Colorado is older than both and has highest activeness after the newest server Kansas which is quite likely to die or at least fade if there will be a "L" world.

But sure, close signs ups to all, except Colorado, Arizona, Juarez and Kansas for all I care :roll:

I mean all the rest have very close numbers so might as well.

Last edited:

HelenBack

Since we don't have much time left, I'm asking if Galv (quiet world but if someone has no other option at least it's another route) and Houston (daily battles and livelier world than Dakota or El Dorado) could please be available for migration routes out of W1.

Even if those worlds wind up closing, at least it's another route to save someone's ancient W1 toon that may be forced to die on W1. It would give them more time to decide which world(s) to keep.

BTW, I really do not agree with Houston being on the possible chopping block. We have daily battles, active chat, dueling, etc. Some other worlds may have more "active" players, but they are just hamsters on a wheel picking berries, doing quests and going nowhere. Even dueling has died down on them... :roll:

Also, if someone really does not like a world and they want to move their toon to another one, can it not be done via a ticket? That may be something to discuss with your Lead/Boss/Big Boss/Big Big Boss after W1 closes. See about opening up migration via ticket if someone really feels strongly about moving to another world.

BTW @Hr.Nyborg , Thank you for posting another reminder pop up when we log on to W1. If possible, could you please also add a reminder topic in the Saloon? Maybe with a link to here. As much as I don't want to leave W1, I really do appreciate the communication about the world closure this time. Last few times I sent a tele out to the entire world for 3 worlds that were closing and most had no clue it was about to close!

Oh! And what happens to those who are on Vacation Mode and do not know about the closure? Will their toons be archived? Maybe automatically migrate to another world so they at least do not lose their toons?

For those who are about to migrate:

Gather all your stuff from the Market (Cash and purchases). If you leave them there, they will NOT migrate with you.

If there are any important teles, reports or achievements that you really want to keep... You will need to screenshot those. They will NOT migrate with you.

If there are any threads in town forums that you really want to keep... You will need to screenshot those. They will NOT migrate with you.

ADDED: Your statistics will be reset. Including your start date for that world. Take a screenshot of them before you go. (Achievements Trophy icon by your pic in top left corner -> Statistics tab.) Thanks Reyne! :-))

You will keep your Cash, Inventory and Equipped gear.

I can't remember off hand if your bounty disappears or not. It's been a while since I migrated. lol :'P

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you have a toon on the world you are going to migrate to, it needs to be deleted BEFORE you can migrate! If the toon has the same name, I believe it takes 5 days for the deletion to complete (please confirm @Hr.Nyborg .) So plan ahead! If it is a different name, you can delete closer to the end. It won't affect your incoming toon. (Or at least it didn't in the past. I already deleted 1 RumpIeTeazer toon to make room for a Helen toon. It just has to be set for deletion before your new toon arrives. You can not have more than 1 active toon in the same world.)

When you are ready to migrate:

Say your final goodbyes... Shed a tear or two... Swear at Inno for closing our favourite world. :annoyed:

Confirm you have everything (best to check twice or even three times).

Go to Settings (that cog in the top right corner) and click on Account then Character Transfer.
- Select the world you have decided to go to. (I'd say "want to go to" but if that was the case, we wouldn't be going!) :hmf:
- Enter your West password.
- Swear again... And click Transfer.

If you do not remember your password because your browser remembers it for you:
- Go to Settings in Chrome/Firefox... There should be a section for "Passwords". You will need to log on with your computer password, but all saved passwords should be there.

Migration will take place overnight...

When you arrive in your new world:

You will be townless... I can't remember if you wind up in the same spot you left in W1 or near the usual starting point for the world (County 14). Look for a friend that you want to join and whisper or send them a tele. BTW, I know I'm bad at checking my teles, but I will try to check more often for W1 refugees... :-)):cooln:

I'm in all available worlds, just look for me. Stay a while or just until you find a new home. No pressure. In Dakota, I'm currently RumpIeTeazer. My W1 toon will go there near the end. You're welcome to join me there too. :-))

I think that's it... Mainly... I may have forgotten something. lol

Again.... We do NOT want to leave our historical W1!!! We are only moving because we are forced to do so.
:-(:annoyed:

Last edited:

NovaStar

Also, if someone really does not like a world and they want to move their toon to another one, can it not be done via a ticket? That may be something to discuss with your Lead/Boss/Big Boss/Big Big Boss after W1 closes. See about opening up migration via ticket if someone really feels strongly about moving to another world.

@Hr.Nyborg I know this has been requested multiple times, but I DO believe it is a VERY valid request...even if it can be offered only 1-2 times a year?

delldell56

Some other worlds may have more "active" players, but they are just hamsters on a wheel picking berries, doing quests and going nowhere. Even dueling has died down on them... :roll:

Heeey! My time to resent something! We berry picking hamsters matter too :annoyed: :'P

When migration became a thing, a player didn't need to do it via ticket but using the same process available for us to leave W1. It was an option for all or almost all worlds, and the only limitation was a cooling time between migrations, like that when you leave a town to join another but longer. I know a few who toured several worlds before settling down in their new permanent place.

Oh! And what happens to those who are on Vacation Mode and do not know about the closure? Will their toons be archived? Maybe automatically migrate to another world so they at least do not lose their toons?

They get deleted for good :mad:. I know there is a way to be moved manually by the mod team, but only if it happens almost immediatly after closure and the player must request this via ticket. Of course, if they are on vacation mode and the player in question hasn't read the messages other players have sent to them telling them to migrate, that ticket is never going to be sent or at least not in time.

Again.... We do NOT want to leave our historical W1!!! We are only moving because we are forced to do so.
:-(:annoyed:

HelenBack

Heeey! My time to resent something! We berry picking hamsters matter too :annoyed: :'P

LOL Love ya Dell! *RUMGLOMPS!!!* :-D

When migration became a thing, a player didn't need to do it via ticket but using the same process available for us to leave W1. It was an option for all or almost all worlds, and the only limitation was a cooling time between migrations, like that when you leave a town to join another but longer. I know a few who toured several worlds before settling down in their new permanent place.

It was available?? Where was I? I must have been distrac.... :oh::'P

If that was a thing before, maybe it could be again...

They get deleted for good :mad:. I know there is a way to be moved manually by the mod team, but only if it happens almost immediatly after closure and the player must request this via ticket. Of course, if they are on vacation mode and the player in question hasn't read the messages other players have sent to them telling them to migrate, that ticket is never going to be sent or at least not in time.

That would be horrible... I know a few on Vacation Mode who did come back after a few months... Or even after their toons disappeared from the game, they were able to log on and reinstate their hibernating toons. Just had 5 return to Houston after being away for over a year. It's summer time... People are away on vacations... Probably camping in remote places away from other humans... No Internet... No idea that their ancient toon is about to disappear... Can the auto-delete process be stopped? Or migrate them somewhere else (if they don't have a toon there)?
:-(

If anyone knows of someone who may have a toon about to be deleted on W1, please do try to get in contact with them to let them know. See if they can at least get a ticket submitted to make a migration request. If they are not able to log on to the game and set it themselves, at least they can try to save their toons that way.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Hi everyone.

I have enabled all worlds to migrate to again. Except juarez, and kansas. So feel free to migrate.

Players in vacation mode, and inactive players, will all be deleted. We sadly just cant send a mail out to every player and make them come alive. They simply just need to look at the game from time to time. And the world closure have been announced for some time now. So if players do not know this by now. It is simply to late.

Clever Hans

Hi everyone.

I have enabled all worlds to migrate to again. Except juarez, and kansas. So feel free to migrate.

Players in vacation mode, and inactive players, will all be deleted. We sadly just cant send a mail out to every player and make them come alive. They simply just need to look at the game from time to time. And the world closure have been announced for some time now. So if players do not know this by now. It is simply to late.

And lastly about "normal" migrate, or moving of character. It is only something that will be done in "bigger" cases.
But for starters always write a ticket, and i can look at it. But it would need to be a good reason, since it is not something that just takes 2 minutes ;-)

Would it be possible to activate migrations on other old worlds? That could help to get a better picture which worlds to keep and which to close after world 1.

HelenBack

Thank you! :-)) :cooln:

It's too bad they can't be archived and saved... Would it be possible to make that "World 1 Closing" pop up on ALL worlds? Then if someone is active on another world and their W1 toon is in VM, they would be informed. Some just don't read the forums... Although the topic has come up in various Saloons... At least it gives them one last chance to save their ancient hibernating toon. Once it's gone, it's gone... :-(

And lastly about "normal" migrate, or moving of character. It is only something that will be done in "bigger" cases.
But for starters always write a ticket, and i can look at it. But it would need to be a good reason, since it is not something that just takes 2 minutes ;-)

So if someone is very unhappy in a world, they can make a ticket and request transferring to another? There may be some that would try for that option. I understand, yes it would have to be a good reason... Not just on a whim. You won't get a ticket for that from me... I'm on all worlds already. lol :'P But some may appreciate the option.

RaiderTr

I'm afraid so many would want to use that option and make up some story to convince Nyborg and in the end he might even have to open migration routes to everyone for some servers.