Feedback thread about multi fort battles :-D

flarian

tbh it does not matter what rules will be implied. Most of our problem children in the community will allways find other things to abuse us with. so do not even bother with these rules. before trying to fix ff's its better to pull out the rotten players itselve. This whole discussion has never been about putting 2 hours between digs or multies or whatever.

in the end it comes down to the ppl doing it. because on one side their ego's are so big everyones still amazed they fit through a door. Or their is a group that rules the world through lies and toxic behaivour that the only solution is allmost multi digging.

Dun blame the game. get the pitchforks and get those toxic players out.

Reyne

On another issue, prime time, I never posted that prime time is the only time to dig battles. I said it is the player preferred time. Some of you read far too much into posts that clearly is not there.
No, I wasn't accusing you of saying that. Just saying it had happened before that others didn't want to have off prime at all. :)

delldell56

All in all, not having an official rule against multies has made me leave the game before, and it will make me leave the game again if i encounter it in the future, im not alone in this, it ruins worlds. "Leave it to the players" dsnt work on this game because this game works on social connections, iv seen a ton of people dig multies and their possie never calls it out cuz well, they're well connected (whatever that means in an online game) and honestly half of you are each other's throats half the time so what concensus will you come to? Its EGO's over the health of the server on the west, been that for a while.

World 12 was brought to its knees 8 years ago in a matter of 2 months as i remember and there was NOTHING that could be done about it from the player point of view, please dont be naive enough to believe there's anything players can do themselves to combat this issue.

When i ask for a rule i dont mean a rule that has no contextual application, any law even in RL is applied contextually after hearing all facts related to it, Im not saying CM and moderators should act like virtual courtrooms for our grievances but MOST online games now have anti-griefing rules, so why not TW?

Back when W12 was the latest world many years ago a similar conversation had happened on the forums, not initiated by the Mods but by a player only, the Number 1 argument that day was that "freedoms ingame should not be curtailed by official rules". You guys are trying to avoid the catastrophe of setting a precedent for rules on how we play while turning a blind eye to the catastrophe of entire world's being ruined and a plethora of players leaving.

As i said earlier, this is just wanting freedoms for the sake of it and being naive enough to believe players have ever been able to police this issue.

And with regards to the whole "its a tactic" argument, yes it is a tactic for trying to wrest control from an entire big alliance with multiple members, you're trying to tell me "player power" can police single rogue elements or towns but cant even strike a balance by engaging multiple town's in big alliances to make the world better? If players cant come together to balance a world out for its own longevity, being able to stop multies is out of the question lol, look at half of you using full messages in this thread for accusing other's of using multies and sling dirt at each other, its pitiful, you guys give yourselves too much credit, there is not enough mutual respect in most people to come together and weed out issues, very few worlds have that and thus mod intervention is a welcome sight.
I can partially address this, my friend. I don't know if it was peer pressure or the amount of complaints piling up, but the CM at the time did try to get involved. He inserted himself on W12 to closely monitor the situation and see if and how he could help. I know because I logged off one night, and the next morning I found out that he had invited himself to my town and given himself a hat to check our town & alliance forum. We did talk a lot of what could or couldn't be done. We discussed options. He was simply not authorized by devs to take direct actions on the grounds that the rules didn't prohibit what that specific player & the alliance he led were doing, so we could only watch everything fall apart. He got the authorization to ban the player after it caused the company the loss of what once was one of its most profitable worlds. Had he had the OK our new CM got from Inno to act against the multis in worlds like Colorado, maybe W12 closure could've been prevented. Maybe Inno learned the lesson after two worlds were ruined for the same reason by the very same player.

delldell56

honestly, those of you who say multis are a tactic are either trolls or just not smart enough to realize how ridiculous that statement is :lol: :lol:
might need to find another game to play
Not necessarily trolls, just have been around long enough to understand. By the way, THIS not so smart troll was one of the minds behind having a digging schedule & making it work and enforcing it, that now makes your game more enjoyable, back to when the alliance figure was too new and we were still learning about the new features, and we would face multis almost every single day because there were too many alliances not consolidated. I fought hard against those who opposed it. You are welcome.

Roffo Snake

5) In the event a multi fort is lost to non-pact members, all pact members will assist in the recapture.

This statement reflects how corrupt and deceitful this game is played, we have so many on here demanding people get banned permanently for digging forts that have low player participation, then out of the side of their mouths stating basically if you are not a member of the cartel (pact) you can't get other players to fight alongside you, and every pact member will band together to take back the fort won from one of their membership, for all I care members involved in this type of play should all be the ones banned permanently I have no issue with a two-hour gap between fights if it is built into the game where a timer, allocates the next fight time, but no punishments or unfair pricing of fort digs like I'm personally seeing where a small fort cost $1500 to dig and up to almost a week later it is then up to $6000 to re-dig the same fort, that is not right.

delldell56

Yes and no.

Multis ARE part of the game. I dont like multis ,never dug one and I am here since 2008 . I believe I've seen it all. As much as I dislike them few multies dug for whatever reason wont hurt anything. Not even dmg record scores cause it will affect everyone.
Disruptive and malicious multies are another story and in that case mods can step in already. BUT again , no punishing for few multies , only in case they ruining the world longer.
Oy! This just made me remember one small but important detail. I don't know how you & I both forgot about it.

The now so popular no multis agreement between alliances, that only a few wanted in the beginning but everybody defends to death now (because it's pure common sense), is a Players Imposed Rule to avoid ruining fort battles/worlds using malicious tactics. The use of multis as a tactic in the game, however. is an InnoGames Rule. You are in better position than me to say if any of those things have changed over the years (if they added the no multis to the official rules, or if the rule that permits multis was abolished), but given that we are having this discussion here I doubt it. We are just too used to the no multis, digging agreements these days that we take them for granted as a natural part of the game.

wyindywidualizowany

Stop talking about multis as a tactic to get forts. If youre trying to get all forts (no matter what tactic you use) in a 13yo partially dead game youre a danger to this game and society and should be banned anyway

flarian

Stop talking about multis as a tactic to get forts. If youre trying to get all forts (no matter what tactic you use) in a 13yo partially dead game youre a danger to this game and society and should be banned anyway

It's not the multis though what ruin it. it are the ppl digging them. and the ego's surrounding everything. allmost 50% of the problems that made this game dead and still ruin more as half of the fun are the ego's in this game.

Saying is not a tactic is bs because it is. but the moment it happends u will have like 10-30 ppl massive toxic outbursts and whining and gaslighting because their digschedule is ruined or their monopoly get ruined. instead of looking at it and trying the best way to defend most of it or even trade forts in their favor.

just because we all killed the game ourselve as a community with all the toxicity going around and now whining about a game mechanic that has been used in the past to multiple extends. in my eyes more pathetic then ppl now saying suddenly because we still approve of multidigging and dun want the rule we should get banned for it.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I would say the community is the only thing keeping the game alive and the multi diggers arent part of the community and just do what they want disregarding the community.

The multi diggers have never ever tried engage in a discussion and when the community hsa reached out to them they have ignored it and not even read what has been said to them. At least on Colorado we have tried over and over again and it becomes tiresome. You can lead a horse to the water but you can't make them drink. For some the only fun is to destroy for others.

wyindywidualizowany

It's not the multis though what ruin it. it are the ppl digging them. and the ego's surrounding everything. allmost 50% of the problems that made this game dead and still ruin more as half of the fun are the ego's in this game.

Saying is not a tactic is bs because it is. but the moment it happends u will have like 10-30 ppl massive toxic outbursts and whining and gaslighting because their digschedule is ruined or their monopoly get ruined. instead of looking at it and trying the best way to defend most of it or even trade forts in their favor.

just because we all killed the game ourselve as a community with all the toxicity going around and now whining about a game mechanic that has been used in the past to multiple extends. in my eyes more pathetic then ppl now saying suddenly because we still approve of multidigging and dun want the rule we should get banned for it.

I wont tell you exactly who made this game die but her name starts with E and ends with triel

RaiderTr

I mean.. I will agree that multi battles had "done their part" on Damaging the game but..

Balanced or not Fort Battles still were being attended before Defenders started to win all.

Then our soon to be ex-LCM decided to stop the testing (last year) and all before we reached a complete balancing overhaul.

However, holding Towers as Defenders still was not possible.
(Attacker set Captain didn't help to that now did it)

Then came Cortina and we gave it a shot (i.e Wyindy and me for Colorado) and it worked.

All good until now.

BUT
Soldiers having too much Hp and Resist combined with new Tower bonuses and their own Tower's extra bonus..
(Along with Union Officers in Defense)
Made things quite tough for Attackers.

Now..
What would u need AT THE VERY LEAST is that;
A decent Attacker TANK set so that there would be less HP people with Captain & Livingston that does f all help to the player and the team.

As it happens.. While its concept is good, Wilson is weak to fill the gap.

So here we are, stuck with even more impossible Attacks with less and less Attackers every time.

DeletedUser15368

I mean.. I will agree that multi battles had "done their part" on Damaging the game but..

Balanced or not Fort Battles still were being attended before Defenders started to win all.

Then our soon to be ex-LCM decided to stop the testing (last year) and all before we reached a complete balancing overhaul.

However, holding Towers as Defenders still was not possible.
(Attacker set Captain didn't help to that now did it)

Then came Cortina and we gave it a shot (i.e Wyindy and me for Colorado) and it worked.

All good until now.

BUT
Soldiers having too much Hp and Resist combined with new Tower bonuses and their own Tower's extra bonus..
(Along with Union Officers in Defense)
Made things quite tough for Attackers.

Now..
What would u need AT THE VERY LEAST is that;
A decent Attacker TANK set so that there would be less HP people with Captain & Livingston that does f all help to the player and the team.

As it happens.. While its concept is good, Wilson is weak to fill the gap.

So here we are, stuck with even more impossible Attacks with less and less Attackers every time.
Basically I fear that what is going to happen when we get an attack set equivalent to Cortina, is no one will hit anything - so no one will have fun, not just the attackers not enjoying themselves anymore.

What I would like to see from a formula change, is everyone hits more, but less damage for leadership :-D