New Awesomia battles

Kidd Kalypso

Just recalled..
Last year during Fort Battle changes tests in Event server after IFBC 3 ended, there were some contests.

And their announcements had something like this along the lines:

Now it doesn't have to be a Set but there could be something special for Random people, like 3 per battle.

However this is an extra work for the Staff.
And might even need an "Event Coordinator"

Staff, event coordinator? Surely you jest.
Just keep it simple, one battle a week, whatever rewards the CM wishes to dole out.
Even one battle a week is more than some worlds atm.
Thx Hr. for taking the time.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Haha yeah easy now.

I like the idea of some form of "event" planner.
We are still a small team here for the .net version. A lot of changes have been made in the background in the team. And i am currently in the process of working on the next part of that.

For instance, all this Fort talk is new as well, so every little detail and suggestion is taken in, and i read everything here on the forum. I might not write back on it all. But i do read it :)

RaiderTr

I believe we had an "Event Planner" (or Coordinator as its official name) veteran moderator (who was allowed to use the "Tools" as a GM) up until last year but wasn't used much by the CM and/or LCM.
And then some conflict happened during the IFBC 3 and.. She was fired had to leave after years.. Wasn't pleasant just when we needed her.

Talking of Team, we don't recognise most of the names here https://www.the-west.net/?page=team

Are they Danish or "undercover" names :'P

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Noice!
This has been a big issue for years!

Also power abusing and whatnot.
(They weren't allowed to Mod the server they play, and for a good reason)

Last edited:

Nisa

Imagine if our new Community Manager can re-add Chests to Fort Battles. Wasn't this a thing a decade ago? Would be insane to have such rewards again in normal Fort Battles! :oh:
Sorry I just started reading this thread. I'm not sure what to say about this idea, maybe not in every normal battle or we end up with loads of useless chests ( unless they changed the content . sorry was away for some time ) or get too many good chests I would go for random chest rewards so it makes players attend battles :)

Nisa

I believe we had an "Event Planner" (or Coordinator as its official name) veteran moderator (who was allowed to use the "Tools" as a GM) up until last year but wasn't used much by the CM and/or LCM.
And then some conflict happened during the IFBC 3 and.. She was fired right away after years.. Wasn't pleasant just when we needed her.
Guess you are talking about me so why would you say I was fired ? :D

RaiderTr

Maybe I'm remembering some details wrong
Result doesn't change much though

And yes "they" updated the chests.
But apparently CM can't give those chests with every single battle.
Dev(s) must interfere with that.

Kidd Kalypso

I'm not jesting but you insulting with calling it a jest.

Obviously I'm not expecting mods to be watching every server and every battle but it's an idea to award few of the active random players who consistently joins.
I am sorry you are offended with me calling your idea of staff/event coordinator dealing with an awesomia battle a jest. I guess you will really be butt hurt when the realities of resource management becomes obvious ;)

RaiderTr

Oh I was not offended then and I'm not offended now with your low quality "mocking" or whatever it is.

It's afterall an idea which can happen in some way, or it can not, but is up to CM (and his team) to decide and unlike you he is being optimistic

Ranger-Schwartz

So here is what we've talked about (I know nothing is confirmed):

Advertised / planned out times for special awesomia battles...an example would be we would know they would be on a 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month.

Rewards rewards rewards! No matter if they are a cool buff (like a coconut) or a piece of a recent set (fisherman set piece, canary set piece, etc) but somethiing to entice signing

Perhaps making the number 140 attackers vs. 110 defenders (to allow for more attackers to balance the tower bonus)

Am I missing any ideas on what would be ongoing and repeated awesomia rewards fights during non-event time? This is an "awesome" ;) thread and it would be good to have a recap so far. Already up to 7 pages!

RaiderTr

Advertised / planned out times for special awesomia battles...an example would be we would know they would be on a 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month.
That would imply every 2 weeks thou.
Decision is every week.

And I think it can be changed between Friday and/or Sunday too as they are close behind Saturday?
Perhaps making the number 140 attackers vs. 110 defenders (to allow for more attackers to balance the tower bonus)
I think we shouldn't lower the Defender number and try 140v120 first

Oddersfield

Friday's are not good for those working in North America if ff times are to be typical of those for NPC events. Saturday or Sunday gives such players more opportunity to attend and be on-line (although still wouldn't be a brilliant time either),

Nisa

Nice Ranger, this helps.

Friday's are not good for those working in North America if ff times are to be typical of those for NPC events. Saturday or Sunday gives such players more opportunity to attend and be on-line (although still wouldn't be a brilliant time either),

It is hard to find the best time for everyone. You must not forget players that are not online for weekends but spend their time with family and just set offline battle.

RaiderTr

Weekend (and Friday) winning shows that people actually prefers to be Offline for Awesomia battles and/or chill out since those are the days when game is most quiet

Ranger-Schwartz

For the poll, in regards to the day of the week & how often (once per week?), one fair way our mods can go, due to the issues Odders, Raider & Nisa bring up, would be flipping back & forth. one week on a weeknight & the next on a Saturday. I also think 8PM may be too early for weeknights. That is the middle of family time for euros & still work time for N. & S. America. 10/10:30 PM or so would be good on weekdays & the weekend time can be whenever.

Pankreas PorFavor

maybe it doesn't have to be always at the same time, on the same day? maybe there can be something like a 150 hours (6.25 days) interval between battles?
for example, start on Saturday at 8pm server time, next battles will be on Sunday at 2am, 8am, 2pm, etc.
all days of the week, all times of day. players in all time zones will have a chance to participate as onliners.
maybe the interval can be shorter (78h maybe?) if it will take too long between "optimal" time for a certain group of players?

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Well it looks to be saturday and sunday people want to play.
The time for the battle can be another thing.
But for starters i would not mind, changing every 2. week the day so everyone might have a change to play. And also changing times to late evening, early morning battle times.