New Awesomia battles

RaiderTr

Hmm...
The real question is if we want Awesomia battles to be "serious" or a "have a day off and relax" kinda thing.
(So far, poll shows the latter)

Kinda tricky.

I mean.. in any case we can't Rank people, can't write topics and can't be sure someone will actually Lead them.
But then we don't want them be a "Meme" either. So let's try to find the mid way.

Now 130v130 thing..
Guess I couldn't explain myself well when saying it's already (almost) impossible to win an Attack for about half year so I don't see how giving Defenders 10 more spot helps to that?

If anything, it should be 140v120, like it originally was before the changes to make Attacking a little bit harder as it was too easy to win back then.
(Not because servers didn't handle. They were like that for years.)

Last edited:

Kidd Kalypso

Bravo Hr.
There are many more well versed than I on expressing forty things, but as to regards to the awards to the winners or all? It should be all. The only reason I say this is because with the current fort formulas in play. Defense always seem to have the advantage.

NovaStar

I don't understand that poll, @Hr.Nyborg . Do you mean weekly Awesomia fights or regular fort fights? We already can dig any day of the week now and do for regular fort fights. I ask this because you say...

"Anyway. I think it is safe to say that you all went for weekly Fort Battles.
I will gladly make those and then doing events, only have events battles."

I"m not sure we said we wanted weekly GM Awesomia dug battle except only during event... or maybe I misunderstood?

Please, clarify that if you don't mind? (also, rewards are only given for event battles, you stated previously, right?,) I'm just confused of the benefit for having a non-event GM Awesomia battle every week outside of the event ... is this a case of maybe 1-2 worlds not able to have their own battles and need help with that?

Last edited:

NovaStar

I still feel it is a valid question for Hr.Nyborg to answer so that we are on the same page...that link you gave, RaiderTr did not answer the question to me that I wanted answered. I have a feeling there are others that are wanting the more specific answers, as well.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Title of the previous poll specifically said "How often would you like an "Awesomia" fort battle"

And the result is clear and public.
We are now choosing the details of the result. So far "many" voted there too.

Hopefully he will answer your other questions.

Once a week Awesomia battles seems to be the ideal. Perhaps give any extra awards to the attackers, as defence usually wins.
Extra is the key word, that;
Made me recall last year's Tests of Fort Battle changes in IFBC 3 Event server.

They had to exactly do that to have more Attackers.

So usual Rewards that CM will pick will go to everyone no matter what.

BUT Attackers will or might have extra.
Or at least some of Attackers depending on their some performances.

But even if Attack fills, it can't win.
Maximum should be increased.

Ps. He can even give Sets/Collection items.. I think.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Hi all.

Sorry if i am not being understood :)

But yes, as pointed out, i am talking about Awesomia fights. Not so much because there is "action" needed, but to have some "extra" fun beside the normal fort fights going on. At least i can see that battles are being done on mostly all worlds. So i do not feel this is needed actually. Hence my question about wanted weekly fights or just doing events.

With the numbers, i will gladly make it 140 against 120 if that makes more sense ?
And maybe i should have specified but with the rewards, if only the winners were to get something, it can be a bigger reward for them only !!
Plus you have all been talking about these "buffs" being boring, so a set/collection, could be possible to give out instead. Not knowing if you already have this of course, but just to have the option to give something out instead of only buffs :)

Harsha..

I think having weekly awesomia FFs is a good way to spur FF activity on a dead world, which can often go weeks without a single dig. Special rewards in battles, regardless of how well you did in the battle would pretty much encourage the casual playerbase to try their luck in FFs when they might not be interested as they'd get only 1 or 2 bonds out of it.

Would you be interested in ONLY letting the Winners get the reward, so there could be a "higher" stake in the battle. Or would you more like that all gets the same reward no matter what. As a little test, i will try to have the Awesomia battles equal, meaning 130 against 130 (Do not tell anyone of this) :p

As others have pointed out, the odds are heavily stacked in favor of defenders at present. This is due to both stronger tower bonuses and better gear for defenses. You can check the FF reports of the concluded awesomia battles on all worlds and the vast majority of them ended up in an easy win for defense. It's a known fact a lot of people would just join defense to "farm" dodges and damage. So, in the interest of fairness, you would need to load the odds in favor of the attackers to make these battles interesting and competitive.

I'd suggest trying out combinations like 140 attackers versus 110 defenders (whereas the total number of players in the battle remain the same) and providing more rewards to attackers like @Kidd Kalypso suggested earlier. By progress of trial and error in adjusting the numbers and rewards, I'm sure we would arrive at a combination that would lead to some interesting battles.

RaiderTr

Well maybe we shouldn't go too fast.
I'm not saying "baby steps" but let's not "run like hell" either :'P

With the numbers, i will gladly make it 140 against 120 if that makes more sense ?
There is only one way to find out: Fight it out pew pew :boone:

I believe all Fort sizes should have their original values back though.
Like Mediums were 100 and Smalls 50 for Attack. (Defenses weren't changed)

so a set/collection, could be possible to give out instead. Not knowing if you already have this of course, but just to have the option to give something out instead of only buffs :)
No we do not.

Once upon a time ALL Fort Battles (Not just Awesomia ones) used to give these chests/boxes on Shop but that's long gone.

We don't know the extent of ur "Prize pool" though.

Btw, do you not have an "Event GM" (or Event Coordinator) ?
Some markets have them to deal with "Events only" .
All this can be big work tbh, you will need some help at some point :-D

C0OPeR

both side need to have prize , so none requlars will motivate to come too
but winner side need to have much more better things so people will fight for it , not just set to walk there and set to die to get his/her prize when reopen game !!!
ps in colorado , if its possible , each week , better let one alliance in attack and next alliance in defence and next week , it rotate , to be fair one and let both side have a chance to win battle and get more or better prize
this will make a awesomia battle good one

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
I will gladly try to make it more fair for the attackers if this could help in overall fun :)

And i could also of course make different rewards, for the 2 sides. So the losers get buffs, and attackers get something "better"
But with giving out sets or those kinds of items, the player could end up with an unfinished set, when every item has been given.

But maybe that is fun in it self ?

And lastly, that "official" reward list, i still do not understand why i can not show it to you, so i will actually ask again. Since i do not find it very secret :p

RaiderTr

giving out sets
I think you can add Set Chests too so it's full set :'P

Not always, of course.
Better not go crazy and also have some sort of "Mystery" to the rewards.

"official" reward list, i still do not understand why i can not show it to you
Or if it can be expanded :roll:

I mean some markets are even allowed to give Nuggets for certain stats, weekly.
But those usually go to the same "Premium" players almost always so we wouldn't want that. (Previous poll showed that)

Btw, do you not have an "Event GM" (or Event Coordinator) ?
Some markets have them for "Events only" .
All this can be big work tbh, you will need help at some point :-D

szycopath

Hi all.

Sorry if i am not being understood :)

But yes, as pointed out, i am talking about Awesomia fights. Not so much because there is "action" needed, but to have some "extra" fun beside the normal fort fights going on. At least i can see that battles are being done on mostly all worlds. So i do not feel this is needed actually. Hence my question about wanted weekly fights or just doing events.

And maybe i should have specified but with the rewards, if only the winners were to get something, it can be a bigger reward for them only !!
Plus you have all been talking about these "buffs" being boring, so a set/collection, could be possible to give out instead. Not knowing if you already have this of course, but just to have the option to give something out instead of only buffs :)

Make awesomia battles and only let people in shop gear sign up, no upgrades :D

HelenBack

Oh! Sleepywear with Teddy Bears loaded battles! :lol:

Seriously tho... If you were to do weekly (or whenever) battles, could you please dig it 2 days ahead? That way we can still dig battles around it without affecting regular battle schedules as much (Colorado's rather strict FF Rules come to mind lol)... Of course there may be some people that will still dig a battle around the same time as the Awesomia battles, but they usually get a smackdown from the rest of the world... :roll: And a ticket could also send those battles into the future as well. :'P

I like the idea of rewards being something other than just buffs... Or maybe interesting Buffs we don't normally get elsewhere... Gear is always nice, unless it's from 2014. lol :blink:

I also agree it's easier for defenders... It would be nice to change ALL battles back to the old numbers (140 vs 120, etc)... Cortina has really thrown a wrench into the ability to win an attack. :hmf:

Ranger-Schwartz

every 7-14 days i propose an awesomia battle with rewards (maybe a clothing piece of a recent fort set, maybe a cool buff, etc., plus some other cool things) to be dug by moderators outside of events to keep up the excitement

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Good idea with longer announcement of the Fort battle.

But if/when we go for 1 specific day in the week, you could all know that this is the day that a battle will take place.
But i can surely set it up, when ever, so we/you all know that it is happening.

With the "numbers" in the fort fight, i think that will be a whole other topic, asking if players will be happy to try to revert this to "original"

RaiderTr

With the "numbers" in the fort fight, i think that will be a whole other topic, asking if players will be happy to try to revert this to "original"
Sure, another poll :'P

I mean, you like 'em, we like 'em so I see why the hell not? :-D

But one thing is a fact:
Majority of Attacks, under somewhat balanced conditions, didn't end up with a "Win" in last half year.

Sadly this Wilson Tanky set ain't enough to change it.
Should've been buffed a bit more.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Just recalled..
Last year during Fort Battle changes tests in Event server after IFBC 3 ended, there were some contests.

And their announcements had something like this along the lines:
We will randomly choose a player during every battle who will win a X set

You may be eligible to take part in the random pick by joining and playing an Awesomia Fort Battle organized by The West Team.

During or just after the Fort Battle a winner/s will be randomly picked from the active/online players.
The winner will be announced first on the game chat.
The winner will have 5 minutes to react on game chat in order to claim their reward, otherwise, a new winner will be chosen (up to 3 people).

After the winner confirms their availability, we will grant their prize and we will also announce it on our forums, together with the new battle schedule.

One player can win only one X set.
And the reward is not transferable to other player/s."

Now it doesn't have to be a Set but there could be something special for Random people, like 3 per battle.

However this is an extra work for the Staff.
And might even need an "Event Coordinator"