World closure

DeletedUser15368

However Idaho is still active with ff's nearly every day.

I realize there are a few of you that have your personal dislikes for Idaho and you "invested" so much and feel you are "stuck" there...but you are outnumbered by many that DO like it. Also, it is still a young world with potential still. It deserves the opportunity to TRY to make it a little longer before you are ready to bury it.

Why don't you instead try to get an "individual" migration (for a price maybe) since you are sooo very unhappy there rather than continuing the campaign of getting it closed down due to your personal dissatisfaction?

Besides, there are already some from W1 that have decided to set for Idaho. That should help...
I wonder if they would consider just opening all migration routes to-and-from all worlds permanently, like the beta worlds zz1 and zz3 have been ever since the feature was first introduced as far as I know. That's all, let players naturally find a world to play that's most suitable for them, or where their friends are playing these days so they want to hang about for a bit longer.

For perspective, Colorado's morning battles are about the same quality as Idaho's prime battles, but obviously most players who like fort battles have an account on Colorado already, but maybe not on Arizona for example...
03HO8tj.png

And obviously Idaho is still better than most of our worlds, so could be a strong 3rd choice for a lot of players.

RaiderTr

Idaho had lost majority of its population long before (like half year or more) "people" started "recruiting" for Colorado, so get ur facts straight before putting all the blame on some players and whatnot.

But yea, there are others in the way before it even comes to Idaho so it is what it is.

Thankfully CM and Inno can see all the data better than us to treat the situation fairly.

like... every time they open a new world :-D
Normally that is how browser games work.

Open one new, close one or two other.
Maybe not right away but not long after.

Last edited:

John Herod

I enjoy the vibrant and lively population on Idaho. We enjoy regular fort battles which are competitive, and in spite of being the top dueler on Idaho, I have plenty of folks to attack and who attack me. Not sure why anyone else would complain or try to get the world shut down. I say leave it be!

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
To some a world is still alive if there's 150 players left, this topic being an example. That's all subjective. What's factual though is that more players quit than join in most worlds. Is that a sign of something being alive or dying? :no:

John Herod

To some a world is still alive if there's 150 players left, this topic being an example. That's all subjective. What's factual though is that more players quit than join in most worlds. Is that a sign of something being alive or dying? :no:

I couldn't personally speak for most worlds, as I am only on Idaho :dastardly:....but in my humble opinion Idaho remains active. Further, we continue to recruit new players who have recently joined the game. We continue to have competitive fort fights. You can still find whatever you need on the market. By those metrics, and again in my very humble opinion, Idaho remains alive and well. I would suggest to the folks that feel otherwise by all means roll a character on a new world and go for it, but for the rest of us who enjoy playing on Idaho every single day it would be beyond unfair to force a migration.

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
I would suggest to the folks that feel otherwise by all means roll a character on a new world and go for it, but for the rest of us who enjoy playing on Idaho every single day it would be beyond unfair to force a migration.

Forcing migration is not neccesary. An option for migration would be more than enough. That way those that want to stay get to stay & those that wish to move on can do so aswell. Fair compromise.

Madam Duck

My first world was Idaho and I still really enjoy being a part of it. New worlds (I have discovered are terrible in there infancy so I won't be sucked into joining another one (am on 3) and Idaho would still be my first option. Sometimes in your RL you need a lay back world where you can relax in and enjoy the company. Don't forget that we do make friends on this world to talk to. Look at the bigger picture and let people play where THEY want to!!!
I only rally see a couple of people against Idaho and they can leave we don't care, it would probably make the world even better.

NovaStar

Forcing migration is not neccesary. An option for migration would be more than enough. That way those that want to stay get to stay & those that wish to move on can do so aswell. Fair compromise.

Historically, when a world is being offered migration, they close. Maybe it can change so migration can be offered without closing now?

RaiderTr

That's CM's plan, as he said before.
If he will be allowed or not is yet to be seen.

Not sure if all servers would have that option or not either.

Jake Mapex

Majority has left the server (and some even the game) , not the minority lol

Seriously?

How many more hundred times it has to be tried to finally accept that it's another epic failures of Inno?

I mean I don't really care at this point but I'm sick of this false propaganda.

Whenever I see you prattling along about Idaho, then you're shooting it down in flames.. nsk nsk nsk bad, bad boy.

Idaho is the only world I play and I love it, I love it's people, the friendships, the helpfulness of others. Idaho is alive and has many new players around. We have fort battles every day with an occasional break from time-to-time when no-one decides to dig.

I have tried a few other well populated active worlds (and stuck around to over lvl 125), but I just found them to be bland for my taste, kinda like being in a routine and not a game, just shuffling along. And if your level is low, then no one gives a drat and you're as good as invisible. And that is not due to the people on those servers that are ignorant in any way, no, most are plain awesome. The problem is way too many folks at level 150 and the world revolves around that level of competitiveness with fort battles. Therefore, the lower-level player is obscured.

RaiderTr

My experiences were different.. And I respect yours but I just can't stand absurd accusations and false informations of some.

Idk why you guys panicked though. (I have a guess however)
Nyborg didn't even mention Idaho.
(I find Houston ironic though)

On a side not I'm not sure where I would migrate to, should they by chance open a route out of it.
As all servers are in political mess/dead ends and not any stable.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

I mean I don't see anyone doing the same about Galveston and Houston :roll:

I thought it would be Briscoe and Dakota though.
In my view, the "lowest" player worlds, is Galvaston and Houston, so yes, it might be a good idea to stay away from them.
I can just remove the migration to those worlds. Then you are safe from mistakes :)

Philopoimen

To be absolutely clear here, I and my colleagues didn't start the Idaho topic. There are some people here who are bringing it up again and again. It started one and a halve years ago with constant moanings 'Idaho is dead. Leave here and go somewhere else.' in saloon. Now you guys turned to this forum with the same all over again. Its about one guy trying to kill Idaho because of a rediculous personal crusade against one other person on Idaho. You don't say 'older worlds are dead' or 'Houston etc is dead', you just go on and on and on about how dead Idaho is, which is simply wrong. Idaho is fun and main world for many.

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
I am not trying to 'kill' Idaho as it is already dead unless of course you consider 20 v 20 battles to be very much 'alive'. I also think it is very arrogant to assume I have a crusade against one other person. Rather I simply wish the best for the character I did all quests, achievements and collecting with. That's something I would not want to do twice. I once started in Idaho when it was the newest world. Nobody told me every year a new world opened. I was fooled by the thought that Idaho PvP and market will stay alive after the next one opens. Now I am trapped in a world where people are arrogant enough to assume I am obsessed with them while it is clearly the other way 'round.

All I want is an optional migration and many players above feel personally attacked like their life depends on it which is absolutely mental. Until migration I will be both enjoying Colorado & Idaho. Colorado for the PvP aspects & Idaho for quests, achievements & collections. Each world has their qualities with few having active PvP which includes Galveston, Houston & Idaho.

I prefer to be in the servers with active PvP and Idaho is simply not that & that's all I am saying. At this point I'd even spend a lot of nuggets to transfer my Idaho character and I know many giants stuck in dead worlds that would pick that option in a heartbeat. Great business opportunity for Innogames.

RaiderTr

First of all it's not our fault that Inno brought Union Officer not after half a year later Idaho was started, and then opened just another new server after another half year.
You don't say 'older worlds are dead' or 'Houston etc is dead', you just go on and on and on about how dead Idaho is, which is simply wrong.
Look, I don't care if you calling it active alive or whatever to your liking.
We only do it by comparison to what it was, therefore math and logic.
You are free to pick whatever measurement method.

But you gotta stop lying, or get ur facts straight and definitely not from manipulators.

Here 2 fast proofs to you. There are many more in various threads and Forums (like Beta and maybe IFBC 3 event forum, or my Signature)

I've been doing this for 2 years. Although I only ever played in Idaho and Colorado in .Net

Now you guys turned to this forum with the same all over again.

Its about one guy trying to kill Idaho because of a rediculous personal crusade against one other person on Idaho.
One guy who? Jordy?

Then that's wrong too because it was I who started it, openly on World forum of Idaho.
I thought it was right to do at that time.
But then you guys went haywire (like now you are here) and cry to Katara and got it deleted.

Personal crusade lol. Another lie or misinfo.
You guys think it's all about you.
Sad news, no, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Also it's ironic that it is you talking about "personal crusade"

Last edited:

NovaStar

Let me ask...Juarez is even newer than Idaho...why is it always Idaho brought up to be excluded in migration choices for W1, rather than Juarez which is newer still? July 2, it was Idaho being brought up in the migration choice poll but never Juarez. It was claimed only 7 people chose to have the newer world option (it is actually 16 but, still)..and as was mentioned, many of the W1 players already have chars in older worlds, why should they not be given a choice to move to a newer one...just because of the few that complain and are not happy? If W1 players want to choose a newer world, it is their right, but to bring up only Idaho to argue against (over and over) and not Juarez (or Houston) is the situation here.

From what I can tell, it is the few that are so very unhappy with Idaho and "Stuck there forever" that have the biggest issue with Idaho and have been working very diligently at discouraging choices to Idaho, but never a mention of Houston or Juarez.

Most of the ones left in W1 are unhappy about having to close because they have built for themselves a happy and comfortable community for themselves. I can understand this, as that is how some of us feel about Idaho although it is a newer world. We have worked hard to provide a friendly and comfortable comunity for our particular alliance, so of course we feel attacked when Idaho is brought up over and over, but we don't see any comments against the other "newer" worlds as Juarez or Houston. Enjoying a world sometimes is a lot more than 200 players that are all level 150 to compete in a fort fight and being left out if you are not...

I am so sorry for those of you that are THAT unhappy in a world that you feel you have to try to influence everyone else against it, I really am. I really and truly hope that Inno can or will find a way for you to "escape" so that the rest of us can enjoy it more there. Personally, any and every world can be viewed negatively OR positively depending on the mind set of the player themselves.

Last edited:

Beefmeister

wow, you guys really like to complicate things

the only active worlds right now are colorado, kansas and juarez. potentially arizona but no one wants to dig. idaho is dead...20vs20 battles are a real sign that this world will never get big numbers again, however much you work for that to be different. it was mentioned 100 times before, proof is there. if people want to migrate to it, i think that's a mistake.. but it's their choice. it has nothing to do with one person, union sets or whatever. it's only universal for one world to get less active when a new one opens and idaho is a fossil already.

this is about w1 indeed...so just get over it