New Awesomia battles

DeletedUser15368

I was just writing that! Combine all worlds, except Colorado and Kansas, into a new world.
I guess the link in my siggy is quite out of date now, but I have been hoping for something like this:

1Ehjofb.png

I guess now I would use Briscoe as the PvE world, close Galv, and add Kansas as a regular world.

RaiderTr

Well, maybe "1 issue at a time" guys :-D

Althou issues stacked like a mountain at this point.
I guess the link in my siggy is quite out of date now, but I have been hoping for something like this:

1Ehjofb.png
Well Briscoe and Galveston should definitely die at this point but yea, something like that.

DeletedUser15368

Well Briscoe and Galveston
Need a nice quiet world for the PvE players to go to, so it won't ruin anyone's fort empire, W1 was perfect (as well as historical).

Well, maybe "1 issue at a time" guys :-D

Althou issues stacked like a mountain at this point.
The tiny playerbase that remains, being spread out on a dozen worlds, is why PvP is so low quality these days (outside of Colorado), Awesomia helps, but we all know migrations would help the most.

RaiderTr

Need a nice quiet world for the PvE players to go to, so it won't ruin anyone's fort empire, W1 was perfect (as well as historical).
Right.
It doesn't say "PvE" beside them tho, like W1 does, sooo :'P

Probably 1 PvE world is more than enough tho.

DeletedUser15368

Right.
It doesn't say "PvE" beside them tho, like W1 does, sooo :'P

Probably 1 PvE world is more than enough tho.
W1 is closing though, so i needed to pick another world to be the PvE for graphic purposes. I made that image like 2 years ago lol

RaiderTr

Going back to the subject.. :-D

We already have waaay too many Events (including click click ones) for everyone and their parents so not sure if we really need 1 extra Awesomeme battle per week lol

DeletedUser15368

Going back to the subject.. :-D

We already have waaay too many Events (including click click ones) for everyone and their parents so not sure if we really need 1 extra Awesomeme battle per week lol
Well my argument against that is, the click click click grinding events are not fun and often don't produce worthy rewards except on new worlds where you are grinding for exp anyway.
Fort battles are fun, interactive, community focussed and boosts to attendance can turn casuals into regulars - which in my mind, translates to either more actively playing tombolas, or spending more nuggets to get tombola sets.

It would also, ideally, be an Awesomia battle instead of a regular fight, which might also suit the battle leaders, getting a guaranteed day off from defending their forts (or more realistically in the current version, having the misfortune to be the one whose turn it is to attack that day).

What about every 2nd week?

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Well my argument against that is, the click click click grinding events are not fun and often don't produce worthy rewards
Hence why I want those to have Fort Battles that give Event currency/Drops too (above and Beta forum where we talked about it)

It would also, ideally, be an Awesomia battle instead of a regular fight, which might also suit the battle leaders, getting a guaranteed day off from defending their forts (or more realistically in the current version, having the misfortune to be the one whose turn it is to attack that day).

What about every 2nd week?
That's also true

Maybe, idk.
But this doesn't have to be final final decision. Like I said above.

According to feedback we can look for more, or less often.

NovaStar

Hence why I want those to have Fort Battles that give Event currency/Drops too (above and Beta forum where we talked about it)

That's also true

Maybe, idk.
But this doesn't have to be final final decision. Like I said above.

According to feedback we can look for more, or less often.

isn't that why everyone wants Awesomia "Event" battles? The rest of the time, nobody cares about Awesomia battles at all.

DeletedUser15368

The rest of the time, nobody cares about Awesomia battles at all.
you're right, of course no one attends player-dug Awesomia battles, but we have never tried Awesomia GM battles with rewards outside Tombola times afaik.
(outside of old-school global GM events i mean)

None of us know what the Berry pickers want, they don't show up to regular main alliance battles, but enjoy Awesomia GMs, so while the major alliances, who are a minority of the player-base, would prefer their own fights, I think it's worth seeing if there is a wider appeal which could be used as a recruitment tool for fort alliances.

NovaStar

True...a shame that event rewards aren't offered in the GM dug Awesomias today since they were dug while the event is still taking place though...

I assume the 2nd one for Soldiers and Workers will not be during an event? I think you will find a huge difference in attendance between today's and the next ones since most people don't read this forum and are still unaware they are not getting the event rewards today.

valerieak1

So, firstly, Thank You for actively managing the community, and for trying out a new configuration.

- I am not sure there be enough time in the tombola to even have the 2nd battle with the other classes? If not, then maybe delay the experiment in the interests of fairness to the other 2 classes (+Greenhorns). The fighters will still get fireworks, even if you don't add additional ones.

- Having all 4 classes is important to the quality of the experience.

- Reducing attendance is kind of the opposite of what we want in battles, bigger = better in all regards, but it's understandable to a degree because the battle over-fill on colorado and you aren't experimenting with numbers (yet). Events at Awesomia is the only way we can have full large battles these days, even if they are smaller in maximum numbers than battles from just a couple of years ago, it's still the most fun battle type.

- In 2021, your character class and your playstyle generally don't have anything to do with each-other, tombola gear is what matters, sadly.

- I look forward to more GM battles :boone:

valerieak1

Very disappointed to be left out of the Fort Battles during an event. I was getting lots of fireworks from Fort Battles. I am with several others. Please try this outside an event, although I would prefer Fort Battles be open to all players. Thank you.

TonyMelony

I think it's terrifying what is happening here right now.
Active forum well and good. But what is planned tonight with the Awesomua fight has neither "hand nor foot" (one would say in Germany.)

It's not even rudimentarily thought out, it's just random and has absolutely no use.

I also find it amazing and frightening that fights that are planned and organized by players are postponed without prior agreement.

At this point I would be interested: Does the Community Manager actually play this game? Mr. Nyborg, do you have any idea how a fight goes and how it is organized?

You are reaching into the game at the extreme (in my opinion WITHOUT AGREEMENT with your team & the community!)

Called fights resign 24 hours later, FOR CERTAIN REASONS. Fights would have to be ranked and leaded. You take out the right to make fundamental changes that are not in line with the community.

I think you should take a giant step backwards.

I did a lot of test matches in the German community.
The test games on the German server were discussed down to the smallest detail, clarified with the community, had a goal and were accordingly carried out with care.
Only in this way could the FFs be “downgraded worldwide”.

By the way, about the postponed fight on Idaho:
None of my team members will be able to be online at this point, none of them will be able to rank and lead this fight properly. I think it's outrageous.

DeletedUser15368

I think it's terrifying what is happening here right now.
Active forum well and good. But what is planned tonight with the Awesomua fight has neither "hand nor foot" (one would say in Germany.)

It's not even rudimentarily thought out, it's just random and has absolutely no use.

I also find it amazing and frightening that fights that are planned and organized by players are postponed without prior agreement.

At this point I would be interested: Does the Community Manager actually play this game? Mr. Nyborg, do you have any idea how a fight goes and how it is organized?

You are reaching into the game at the extreme (in my opinion WITHOUT AGREEMENT with your team & the community!)

Called fights resign 24 hours later, FOR CERTAIN REASONS. Fights would have to be ranked and leaded. You take out the right to make fundamental changes that are not in line with the community.

I think you should take a giant step backwards.

I did a lot of test matches in the German community.
The test games on the German server were discussed down to the smallest detail, clarified with the community, had a goal and were accordingly carried out with care.
Only in this way could the FFs be “downgraded worldwide”.

By the way, about the postponed fight on Idaho:
None of my team members will be able to be online at this point, none of them will be able to rank and lead this fight properly. I think it's outrageous.
I don't think anyone is really a fan of the Advents and Duellers only or Tanks only, it will be a failed experiment, but I feel that everyone will be delighted to have a Community Manager going beyond what we have come to expect, that manages the community trying to improve things and give us some extra rewards and very rare large fights.
Your feedback is good, because for the future, small worlds might be treated differently to active worlds, when it comes to GM battles outside of tombola fights.
I agree that GM battles details should perhaps be discussed beforehand, either with the community or with the GM's themselves, to avoid this kind of situation that doesn't really suit any players.

Do not forget that InnoGames have the fundamental right to do anything they want in their game. All we, as players, can do is give feedback.

And regarding your other point, multi-battles might be acceptable on German servers, but on .net they are not, so I have little sympathy that it got moved. Perhaps you could have sent a ticket and ask for it to be moved to BEFORE the Awesomia battle instead, or that the times be swapped with the Awesomia battle and your own one?
The point is to have space between the battles so that the fights can actually be physically attended. Multi-battles are uncompetitive.

Bad Billy Jack

Sorry, but I now have to jump in here, especially due to Tony's claims. He is the illegal multi digger in idaho less than 1/2 hour after the npc awesomia dig. I was the one who sent in a ticket to have his illegal multi delayed 2 hours so all could join both battles.

His claim that his "team" cannot be online is garbage. His "team" is infamous for digging very late battles in idaho.

As for the new test npc battles, I love that our new GM is thinking about improving fort fighting. Perhaps his most recent thinking is not the best, I appreciate his hard work. Good Job!

While you soldiers & workers are upset that you have to wait for your npc awesomia dig, you all will love it. You don't get the duelers like we advents have to! LOL

NovaStar

My main concern in this particular situation is that this event ends in about 24 hours or less now, not to mention the hours for the "construct" of them for the reward to be obtainable...yet for the awesomia battle did not have consideration for that...it benefits only 2 character classes not the whole. My request would be for it to be delayed until after the event OR allow the other battle which includes the 2 character classes being excluded for benefit of the fireworks

I understand some of you do not care about the fireworks but it is obvious from the attendance during the event that others do...and not only from 2 char classes...