Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Ban players when not showing up

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

foscock

Banned
Sorry foxcock for my english, and the way i write ;-)
Might not all make sense.
But as i have said before, i simply cant hinder anyone from making fort battles. I just dont have the tools to do that. So my 2 biggest ways of counter these multi battles, is to raise the price or move the battle times, so they are not to close to each other. Or simply ban people.

As you write yourself, i will do it on a more broad reason. We all have lifes yes, but it sounds like a few people do this on purpose, and those might need a talking to.
You actually do have the tools, I've used them. You simply remove their town hats, so they are unable to dig a battle. They are all 1-person towns, and if they aren't remove all hats from that town until they behave. You have a team of mods that aren't exactly overworked, so let them spend 10 minutes a day working on the problem.

DeletedUser15368

So multi battles will be fine as long as the griefer shows up, makaaay.

DeletedUser15368

You actually do have the tools, I've used them. You simply remove their town hats, so they are unable to dig a battle. They are all 1-person towns, and if they aren't remove all hats from that town until they behave. You have a team of mods that aren't exactly overworked, so let them spend 10 minutes a day working on the problem.
You do know that you can promote yourself if there are no hats?

C0OPeR

Ban players when not showing up :/ real life , real life , maybe i just dig a battle and can not show for once , twice ... , so i am going to ban ? or you just going to ban if i make it habbit for myself like these 3 trolls ?

C0OPeR

u can make yourself founder when there is no any other founder on your town !!!!

foscock

Banned
You do know that you can promote yourself if there are no hats?
Ok minor flaw in my idea. In that case, use the tools to boot them from town, same result. It's like driving a car... it's a privilege, not a right, and if you abuse it you lose your license.

DeletedUser15368

I mean..
LCM or whoever wrote the "updated" (aka badly reworded) rules didn't include any related stuff.
Soo CMs' hands are kinda tied. But we shall see
It's covered, interpretively, both under the fair play rule and article 12 of the terms and conditions, and I don't think the LCM has ever been to a fort battle.

Ok minor flaw in my idea. In that case, use the tools to boot them from town, same result. It's like driving a car... it's a privilege, not a right, and if you abuse it you lose your license.
hmm, I feel uneasy with removing people from their towns but it's better than a ban. A small change to the tools to allow the prevention of joining a town would be quite good to be honest. Best solution so far, but it involves dev time because the mods shouldn't have to deal with this every 8 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

It's covered, interpretively, both under the fair play rule and article 12 of the terms and conditions, and I don't think the LCM has ever been to a fort battle.
Well yea, I'm aware of that but there is still no specific rule

Meanwhile.. We had witnessed some interesting tool features during the IFBC 3 (like disabling digs) but dunno if there is anything that could help in this scenario

@Nisa would know I guess if she's still around..

Last edited:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Not showing up to the battle you declared is a terrible way to measure the disruptiveness in my opinion, because real life issues always take priority over a game, and as you may have seen, 1 vs (up to) 20 is quite common with these type of battles - so there's no consideration for attacking 400 forts a year and showing up to all of them as the only attacker.

It's not great, but it's not terrible -- it, together with the turnout for the attacking side (if the attack side fills >50% then exempt the fight from the rule), is a simple, objective, easily enforced, rule that
1) limits the ability for a troll to spam multiple fights that are likely to overlap in time
2) significantly increases the player investment to engage in this trolling

It won't stop them, but add in making digs expensive enough to deplete their treasuries faster than they can fill them and it ought to make the problem fade significantly.

While I'd prefer the punishment be blocking the player or town from digging, I see the enforcement mechanisms are quite limited.
If the punishment is ever increasing bans then even an inadvertent no-show ban should be pretty minor for a non-troll.

Hr.Nyborg

Ex-Team Member
Okay i can explain my "ban" idea more in detail then.

But the plan could be to have the cost of a fort battle, back to the original. Then every town can be in on it, for those smaller towns or players that do not have that much money yet. Meaning, everyone can have the "more or less" same change of calling a fort battle.

The next plan would be, if you then do call a battle, you will need to show up. AND be active for all the rounds it takes. If you are the only attacker or defender well just sad. You will need to be there TO the END.

If not, then as we write, we do have personal lifes that can hinder our loved play time YES, that do happen. BUT if you have it happen like 2 3 4 times, or what ever we like. I will start to warn/ban you. Because then you should maybe not call a battle if you are not sure about your attendance.

This in my view, might help with "some" people calling battles every hour, (a little much i know) But at least this would make people known about that i am looking on the battles, looking on the attendance and so on. And hopefully in the end, getting fewer battles, but bigger battles.

Deadeye Jerry

There is no need to ban players for not showing up, I think you don't quite understand what we mean we a "good" battle.
Good battle is between 19:00-00:00 server time and when at least both side has 80 players on each side and honestly it doesn't matter if the "digger" shows up or not at that scenario

DeletedUser15368

The next plan would be, if you then do call a battle, you will need to show up. AND be active for all the rounds it takes. If you are the only attacker or defender well just sad. You will need to be there TO the END.
I strongly disagree with this, unless it's a battle with less than 50% or maybe 90% capacity on the attacking side as Goob suggested. Then I agree. There are legitimate circumstances in which the digger might not be able to attend a prime battle.

And hopefully in the end, getting fewer battles, but bigger battles.
:up: All fort fighters care about is the quality of the battle.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
As for other mechanisms within the known capabilities of the mod:

The problem is largely disruption of the fort fighting agreement between the major alliances. While it is a bit out of line for a multi-player game to create customized solutions to accommodate an agreement of a subset of the players, there is a workable solution: declare a privileged fort fight window.

Any time there is more than one FF dug between the hours of 18:00-24:00:
upon request (a ticket filed) a moderator shall move all but one fort fight, at his sole discretion (presumed to be chosen based off his best understanding of what the major alliance agreement would favor) to the hours outside of the 18:00-24:00 window.

Roffo Snake

This is amazing, Ban players and rig the game so only a special select people can hold towns and own forts, wow

How can you all even sit and make suggestions like this, do you all realise if you all arrange to have me banned or removed from my town if this happens to me, it can happen to anyone of you all as well when the next issue arises that how many do I see here campaigning for these draconian acts, roughly less than 10 people have decided how a game will be played for over 1500 people, that are living in fear or just so numb to the fact that they can actually own a fort because as I hear repeated here countless times just let the two big alliance own everything and if you wish go ask them for some scraps.

Well, when someone steps up to start battles what happens a dozen spoilt players demand those people get banned and removed from their towns, along with increase the fees to astronomical amounts, oh and now rig the game to 50% show up, how in gods name is anyone supposes to play and own forts in these apartheid type rules.

No this is totally wrong, no one is trying to ruin a game for anyone other than all of you demanding the measures you all are because you all don't want to play as the game was intended and created.

Luka882

Cant be bothered to read previous posts cus its same old trolls crying for years cus they are irrelevant(roffo & pumpkin). Banning players is never the right option obviously, if neccesary should be done, warning people who DO NOT ATTEND their own battles, and only dig to disrupt others from enjoying the game, definetly, punish them by making the cost of a dig 200 000$ for them or something like that, make them spend nuggets to dig or something, make money on them, obviously their life is lonely and they feel the need to be big boys in a game, atleast make them pay $ for that.

DeletedUser15368

Roffo reminds me of those Anti-mask Americans.

They clearly aren't reading replies, or they would have noted that more towns own forts on Colorado than anywhere else (afaik), and small alliances are "allowed" to own forts and participate in digging if they wish. All you have to do is reach out and cooperate as we all have had to do for the last 10 years to make Colorado work and survive and thrive while the rest of the game has died.

1500 people, please. 140 people show up to fights, at most it would be 200 for an event.
How many show up to yours? 1? 2? I have no idea where you are getting the silent majority too scared to speak up crap from, and if this is somehow genuinely the case, then Colorado would change, as it is inclusive to all fort fighters, and that would mean large battles again! Quality drives every single decision that the councils take.

If the game was as intended and created, we would all be running around in brown ties and no pants, duelling each other.

The beauty of this thread is that I see personal enemies all agreeing that what you and NP and the other guy are doing is counter to the interests and enjoyment of the Fort Fighting community on this world.

We simple players have no right to tell anyone how to play the game, but the owners of the game do, and if Nyborg believes your actions are impacting the enjoyment of the majority of the active PvP community, you are out of luck.

C0OPeR

This is amazing, Ban players and rig the game so only a special select people can hold towns and own forts, wow

How can you all even sit and make suggestions like this, do you all realise if you all arrange to have me banned or removed from my town if this happens to me, it can happen to anyone of you all as well when the next issue arises that how many do I see here campaigning for these draconian acts, roughly less than 10 people have decided how a game will be played for over 1500 people, that are living in fear or just so numb to the fact that they can actually own a fort
u kidding us ? :/ u think your act and another 2 trolls act are normal one ?
if u really wanna fort fight , can join any storm or req alliance and u can have your digs day if show respect for your alliance councils rules and besure your alliance will support your digs and you will have your own town forts but i am sure , your goal are not fort fight :/ like what around 400 player ( almost 250 fort fighter ) do it in almost 10 year on colorado
dont think more any ingame stuff will try ban anybody with normal act

Status
Not open for further replies.