Character bonuses need revisiting

Tarzan

Im going to make this short and sweet although i could go on for hours about balancing. The pvp aspect of the game revolvs mainly around the 4 character classes and the bonuses each get. With the new reworks of old items that give insane amounts of skill points and the tombola sets getting stronger(as it should be, im not complaining about that),some classes benefit too much while others are left in the dirt. First and foremost, in terms of dueling a smart player handling a soldier should never get KOed, and probably never even lose. Why is that? The amount of free skills he gets from his bonuses are too insane to match. Items now give 100+health points, tactics etc. With his % buff in tactics a soldier with 600 tactics goes up to 900, meaning 300 free skill points. If he invests like 100 points from his skill points, the numbers go to 700 meaning,1050 total and 350 free points. As items get even stronger, and possibly 50 more levels are added to the game, this will get completely out of hand. In terms of fort fighting, last year i predicted that the worker will soon be too strong to match,and low and behold. Despite being already quite obvious thanks to a few union workers going around, since cortinas have surfaced in my native market the top 3 dodgers are always workers with cortinas. Again the same principal is in my place, the % increase in dodging gives waaaay to much power to the worker sky rocketing his dodge chance, especially when paired with the % new tower bonuses. While the dueler still retains some power in fort fights thanks to his 10% critical damage, i think its obvious that he doesnt even come close to the buff the worker got this year.

What is the common denominator?Obviously the existence of % buffs in the kit of these classes,while the adventurer class remains absolutely worthless in terms of pvp. The admins promised changes after the ifbc and the community was there to help with the testing but eventually all eforts were abandoned. Adventurer needs immediate attention!

What are my suggetstions?Obviously you can change these values and lower them manualy.Something that in my opinion is vital to be done, is to allow players to change their class via some premium feature. I know for a fact that it is easily done,since in the test server for the ifbc preparation we could change arround our class all the time. The button is there, put some nuggs infront of it and let the players enjoy themselves. I know it is company policy probably to not have this feature in order to encourage players to enter new worlds to try something new, but sadly in alot of markets the playerbase has shrunk insanely and only 1-2 servers remain truly active, so whatever you got there you must work with it. Id love to play on 4 different servers actively trying different things but sadly its not possible.

Last edited:

Thanatoss

Remove the soldier and worker skill bonuses or give dueler and adventurer a skill bonus for duels/fort fights as well. Obviously with items giving more and more skill points those perks become unfair.

Tarzan

I was really looking forward to a response from a staff member. I know this idea falls under the category of the already rejected ones,but it has been 8 years since it was proposed and given the new circumstances i really think its worth revisiting. May i remind you what i've already stated, that after last years IFBC there were already plans for fortfight reworks.

DeletedUser15368

I was really looking forward to a response from a staff member. I know this idea falls under the category of the already rejected ones,but it has been 8 years since it was proposed and given the new circumstances i really think its worth revisiting. May i remind you what i've already stated, that after last years IFBC there were already plans for fortfight reworks.
May I suggest posting ideas on the Beta forums, you might get a reply there, despite this being the flagship international server, the staff don't seem to do much.

Al35ul

Character class changes are something that are very unlikely to happen, as already mentioned in previous threads. However, what is more likely is the classes being updated with new improvements and/or new bonuses. We are not fully sure if/when this will happen, but it is more likely that classes will be improved as opposed to allowing players to change them.

Prljavi Hari

Improvements are essentially all the player base wants, I believe. I think everyone knows Inno will never allow players to change classes, and that's fine, but you gotta balance things out then. Going back to OP's point, having soldiers with 50% bonus to tactics/HP boost & workers with 40% dodge/aim bonus directly juxtaposed to the mighty perks adventurers have such as sleeping for free in a lvl 2 foreign hotel (!!!) (as if 250 bucks is a lot nowadays, you can farm that in 15s on a silver trading office + barely anyone sleeps in actual towns nowadays with FF barracks being available to the majority) & duelers having absolutely no hard dueling bonuses (they were originally meant to be a class intended for players who wanted to duel, spot the irony) just makes absolutely no sense in the current climate.

If you just look at Eire & the crazy amounts of HP/tactics it gives, not to mention aim on top of it - imagine a prem soldier, skilled for duels, wearing the full set. Now imagine attacking him & trying to win that same duel. LOL.

DeletedUser15368

Improvements are essentially all the player base wants, I believe
Not even necessarily "improvements", just a return to balance between the four classes, but as you say it's the case that Soldiers are ironically for duels, Duellers & Workers are ironically top tier for Forts, and Adventurers... Well... I refuse to play as an Adventurer anymore.

I've always dreamed of a "pick your own" bonuses system, where each class has, for example, 10 bonuses to pick from. You'd get to choose 4 and tailor your character to your play-style, and you can change once a month with a potion. But obviously that is a substantial change to the game.

Prljavi Hari

I've always dreamed of a "pick your own" bonuses system, where each class has, for example, 10 bonuses to pick from. You'd get to choose 4 and tailor your character to your play-style, and you can change once a month with a potion. But obviously that is a substantial change to the game.
Careful there...you're making too much sense.

Tarzan

Unless the improvments that we are taking about are % based skill point adders for duelers and adventurers i think that things will get even more uneven real fast. Lets do some basic math to determine what soldiers will look like possibly by the end of the year.
http://prntscr.com/12hiao5 assuming all items look like that by the end of the year, we get 6 items (pants, shoes etc.) that each give around 135 tactics and 110 health points each and im being generous, since the high level items will probably give even more points. This makes a total of 810 tactics and 660 health points JUST from the 6 clothing pieces. If you add in the values of the horse and saddle and weapon set, something like an eyrie and lucky clover set, assuming-falsely for sure- nothing stronger pops up this year, we are easily taking about 1000 tactics and 800 health points. Total estimate, while defending a soldier has 1500!!! tactics which means 500 skill points for FREE. This means essentially, that a FULLY SKILLED dueler at 150 level, with a decent amount of quests completed has LESS total skill points allocated for dueling than a soldier skilled for fort fighting. This is ridiculus...

Thanatoss

Either the game developers are not working a lot/are not skilled enough or the code the game is developed on is very bad that doesnt allow to do many changes.
If its the first i feel bad because many people pay money and very little is done (and very few things from what the community want happen)
If its the second, invest some money (10-15k wont require more which is what the company makes in less than year from thewest) and lunch the west 3.0 or something to a new better code (along with a mobile app?)
Now if its both and you dont care, well it is self explanatory why the game is what it is. (10years same game)