Harvest Event - Feedback

Pankreas PorFavor

OK, so I'm almost finished with Harvest Time but where are the 4 letters? How and where do I find them?

maybe I am wrong, but I think you need a time machine, go back to 2019 and work on different jobs to drop wheat ears. letters will be inside some of them. very similar to rye ears and quest items for the 2020 event.
alternatively, some people may have letters from last year in their inventory and will be willing to sell them to you. but, if this is what Innogames counts on, then it is sad, laughable and ridiculous at the same time. I have no idea why this quest is available again.
if I am wrong, and wheat ears are dropping this year too, I will admit my mistake and apologize. but, I still didn't hear from anyone that they dropped one, so.... please prove me wrong.

tuonelaam

A lot of people are going really hard on this event which I personally think is a bit unfair.
I think inno should've definately given us a lot more info, like drop rates of wheat ears and what the daily quests will look like.

I do however think it's good that many won't be able to complet all daily quests.
This event is focused around duelling. It makes sense, that people not skilled for duelling will have a hard time. That is kind of the point.
The one hit quest is dumb, since as many stated bevor it promoted pushed duels.
However I think the other daily quests should've been even harder / requiring more duels to really give pure duellers an edge.
I think it would be cool to have more small events which heavily favor people skilled for duelling / fortfighting / construction etc.
Maybe don't give a whole set as reward every time, but nice buffs like energy boxes and similar.

Nisa

I would really like to now what is the point of this event ?

I am totally annoyed with dueling part. As pure fortfighter I was happy to do kill NPC's in first task and that's about it.
Today we need to earn 15k from dueling . It yells pushing all over .
So is this a trap for players to break the rules and get punished for coordinates duels? Because that is what everyone will do and for most players only way to get this task done OR.... rules are completely ignored ? If so.. then remove them.

Apelatia

I would really like to now what is the point of this event ?

I am totally annoyed with dueling part. As pure fortfighter I was happy to do kill NPC's in first task and that's about it.
Today we need to earn 15k from dueling . It yells pushing all over .
So is this a trap for players to break the rules and get punished for coordinates duels? Because that is what everyone will do and for most players only way to get this task done OR.... rules are completely ignored ? If so.. then remove them.

100% agree with this. Even as a pure dueller, some of these tasks are incredibly hard to complete without pushing. Makes me wonder whether the rules are being enforced at all these days? It doesn't seem like it, so they should either be revised or scrapped entirely.

PrancingPurplePony

I think everyone is missing the point [for INNO]
they want it to be impossible unless you buy nuggets.

however INNO missed the part where some of us won't spend our real life money on pixels.
especially when we have bills to pay and food to buy, and perhaps a reduced income right now.

Pankreas PorFavor

I don't think "everyone" is that naive, we know very well that Innogames is a company and they want to make a profit.
What I can't understand is how they don't see that 20.000 players who spend $5-10 each is better than 50 players that spend $100 each? I know that a lot of people would spend some spare change if they got unlucky this time, while now only a small minority will accept that the game is rigged from the start, but will spend the money anyway.
From millions of players worldwide, to a handful of addicts that is The West today. Why would they do it? What do the responsible people at Innogames know that we do not know? The equation just doesn't make sense, and there is a variable in there that is unknown to us...

asdf124

I don't think "everyone" is that naive, we know very well that Innogames is a company and they want to make a profit.
What I can't understand is how they don't see that 20.000 players who spend $5-10 each is better than 50 players that spend $100 each? I know that a lot of people would spend some spare change if they got unlucky this time, while now only a small minority will accept that the game is rigged from the start, but will spend the money anyway.
From millions of players worldwide, to a handful of addicts that is The West today. Why would they do it? What do the responsible people at Innogames know that we do not know? The equation just doesn't make sense, and there is a variable in there that is unknown to us...

however INNO missed the part where some of us won't spend our real life money on pixels.
especially when we have bills to pay and food to buy, and perhaps a reduced income right now.
I think SILENCE shall be our feedback. NO MORE I SAY! Rest in peace TW

zvrndo

I didn't manage to find enough quest items from ears, like many other players, and now i see we will have harvest sale 27th August. And price of the 1 ear is 30 bonds/nuggets. So probably i will have to spend around 1000 bonds to find missing items, just to finish harvest quest. I can do that, i have a nice stash of bonds, but what about new players or those who doesn't have them? For a long time this game is running on "pay to win" model, where you must pay with RL money if you want to be competitive and to have best gear, and now we're entering in a "pay to complete the quest" mode???

Barnstable

Quite disheartening to have a quest that you can't finish and is decided by pure luck.
Why not make required items dropable until you find them. You can make them low drop rate if you want, but give people the chance to complete without relying on buying success.

Deleted User - 91450

Well - made the achievent for collecting 100 Rye Ears and look I am short on Pieces of Cloth. And I think I will be short on further quest item.
Ah well - guess I can spend bonds and see where that gets me...
1598203593012.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Al35ul

They, along with the other quest items that drop from the ears, will be actionable with the next update.

Deleted User - 4180592

They, along with the other quest items that drop from the ears, will be actionable with the next update.
so we're relying on people who got too many, to sell them to those who didn't get enough? isn't this possibility (of extra quest items) a bit rough on players as they get less of the good stuff from their rye.....

I am curious what the logic was when you made this decision other than you seem unable to code anything intelligently :D

Al35ul

Buying, selling and trading had always been a matter of relying on other players who are willing to sell a certain item.

Players might drop all of the items needed for a quest, some players might drop a few and others might not drop any at all - all items have a random drop rate thus pre-deciding drop rate is not possible.

Deleted User - 91450

Players might drop all of the items needed for a quest, some players might drop a few and others might not drop any at all - all items have a random drop rate thus pre-deciding drop rate is not possible.

As a coder I can tell you that anything is possible if you create the correct coding checks and use a counter. Yes it takes a bit more code-base and a weebit more memory. Here is the psuedo-code: Where N is number of items required: When QUEST ITEM = (N-found) AND Rye Ear Remaining = (N-found) then set ITEM=Quest Item...
In other words if an item is a requirement do a check that the player has what they need...
Random is never 100% random when it is code.

Deleted User - 4180592

As a coder I can tell you that anything is possible if you create the correct coding checks and use a counter. Yes it takes a bit more code-base and a weebit more memory. Here is the psuedo-code: Where N is number of items required: When QUEST ITEM = (N-found) AND Rye Ear Remaining = (N-found) then set ITEM=Quest Item...
In other words if an item is a requirement do a check that the player has what they need...
Random is never 100% random when it is code.
exactly what I was thinking, could've had the 4 items we need drop every 25th rye we opened

instead we have to hope others get enough to service the entire community (that needs them) .... poorly coded

Pankreas PorFavor

we're selling letters to new players who want to do the quest from last year.
with this drop rate, who will have extra items (both from 2019 and 2020?) for new players next year? I think someone responsible for this should spend a few moments thinking about this.
and a lot of other things, but I don't want to make things too complicated

Protasov

Here are my results after opening 100 Rye Ears:

ears.jpg

The lack of a 4th "Pieces of cloth" disappointed me. I won't ever use most of this stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up on the market soon for an exorbitant price.