The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser35101

They say that HOPE DIES LAST, but my hope about this has died long time ago... so long ago, but i will try it once more..... maybe my 15th try of asking this will be a charm one! I also was told that this will be passed / was passed to development team (this was over 1 year ago)....

PLEASE CHANGE TITLES OF REPEATABLE HOLIDAY QUESTLINES!!!!

It is so easy!! It can be so easily done before each event questline starts... for God's sake and of your players sanity sake DO IT!

This Valentine event is such a great example of it! How many of you know that we atm have 5 different repeatable questlines open:
1. "Valentines day"
2. "Gone with Valentines day"
3. "Love is in the air"
4. "One foolish Romeo"
5. "Provincial doctor" - this year started few days before Valentines day
6. ....i kinda have a feeling that i'm missing one [hmmm]

And to just make it a bit more sweeter for us... we have a completely new questline that also with first 5 listed above started on same day: "Together till the end"....total of 6

-------

For a change, do something that 99,9 % of us players will find it very useful game update! Change the names of repeatable holiday quests to something so simple:
1. "REPEATABLE Valentines day"
2. "REPEATABLE Gone with Valentines day"
3. "REPEATABLE Love is in the air"
4. "REPEATABLE One foolish Romeo"

STOP CALLING THEM ALL AS REPEATABLE HOLIDAY QUESTLINES!

....under 1 % of people reads questline txt and search for clue of what to do and where to go (though clues in txt are often misguiding) and all rest just go for days clicking around map OR asking in saloon chats OR sending tickets to mods OR reporting and asking questions here!
All OR stated in last sentence are a bit irritating to all of us that see those questions asked all over places and many of us just don't bother to reply since we are bored with giving so many replies and it's irritating and we are tired of repeating it for 6th time! We just gave reply in saloon chat and minute after a new person asks same questions again!!
No, people don't use search in forum, they just make new topic with same question... and they all ask same questions in saloon chats all over worlds and tehy all send tickets asking same questions....

So... save us all playing this game and DO BOTHER WITH THIS ISSUE AND GET IT DONE!

Respectfully to all...

Last edited by a moderator:

HelenBack

I AGREE!!! It can't be that difficult to change the text a wee bit so we know which questline is which. We have so many timed quests to deal with that it causes a lot of confusion.

There are also a lot of other things about these timed holiday quests that annoy everyone... Like needing to buy expensive neckwear or other gear/weapons.. As well as high level crafts that can be difficult to get... Makes these short timed quests not worth doing... Especially for lower levels.

Changing the names for the repeated quests is a great start tho! :)

Nisa

They say that HOPE DIES LAST, but my hope about this has died long time ago... so long ago, but i will try it once more..... maybe my 15th try of asking this will be a charm one! I also was told that this will be passed / was passed to development team (this was over 1 year ago)....

PLEASE CHANGE TITLES OF REPEATABLE HOLIDAY QUESTLINES!!!!

STOP CALLING THEM ALL AS REPEATABLE HOLIDAY QUESTLINES!

I support this idea too. It is really confusing.

DeletedUser15368

Make the Courtier set upgradable. I've never before in my life advocated for item upgrades, they ruined the game, but in this case, the set isn't competitive in the current fort battle meta (nor was it competitive when it was released, but it was a great way to get more fort sets to players on new worlds), and everyone has two sets, a male and female version which no one uses anyway because they are weak.

They could actually be pretty good for adventurers if upgradable, because pure HP and relying on ghosting is better than trying to dodge or resist against leader****s.

Additionally while writing the above idea, I thought, "all sets should have been non-upgradable for the first year", then as the power creep made them obsolete, bam, upgrades, making them relevant again. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abydos1

Make the Courtier set upgradable. I've never before in my life advocated for item upgrades, they ruined the game, but in this case, the set isn't competitive in the current fort battle meta (nor was it competitive when it was released, but it was a great way to get more fort sets to players on new worlds), and everyone has two sets, a male and female version which no one uses anyway because they are weak.

They could actually be pretty good for adventurers if upgradable, because pure HP and relying on ghosting is better than trying to dodge or resist against leader****s.

Additionally while writing the above idea, I thought, "all sets should have been non-upgradable for the first year", then as the power creep made them obsolete, bam, upgrades, making them relevant again. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Who cares if it ain't upgradeable or not...I'm sure they will push another set better than it in the next events. It's particularly because of upgrading that much of the game is ruined...just look at adventures with the upgraded lassos and deputy chef stuff. I've been against upgrading since it was announced and now I have seen how much havoc it has made. It causes hoarding and scarcity which means higher unaffordable pricing on the market...then to boot it is not tradeable so once it becomes obsolete it just rots in the inventory. Upgrading could be the most selfish feature of this game for such diminishing returns in the long run...I know most of you hate the constant flow of new events and sets but ironically it is the only way to help those who avoid upgrading to have a chance against the upgrade freaks in any facet of the game. So best to keep up before you get left behind...best of luck!

qazxcbb

I would like to see some sort of benefit to owning a fort.
Apart from the bonds & experience gained when battling, there really is no point. Even most alliances give them back.
Surely something could be done to make it worthwhile fighting for.. & owning...

Harsha..

Minor idea: Stop recording church build logs in the "Town log" page.

1591236822423.png

Recently, my town's size dropped and I was curious to know who left town, and I had to scroll through 6 whole pages of such logs until I found the entry I desired. This sort of data - people building church for thousands of hours is completely useless and can bury potentially important information that might never be discovered until many weeks later. This should be a simple thing to fix, just remove the function that posts the logs on that page and let it record the church building hours quietly in the background.

asdf124

Minor idea: Stop recording church build logs in the "Town log" page.

View attachment 2064

Recently, my town's size dropped and I was curious to know who left town, and I had to scroll through 6 whole pages of such logs until I found the entry I desired. This sort of data - people building church for thousands of hours is completely useless and can bury potentially important information that might never be discovered until many weeks later. This should be a simple thing to fix, just remove the function that posts the logs on that page and let it record the church building hours quietly in the background.
How about changing the change log to include a button to filter from all to construction, invitations or join/leave? Exclusive to town founders/counselours?

DeletedUser15368

Apparently kuro passed this on already, but more important things to do. So I appeal again to the amazing scripting community of The West, help us scripty wan kenobi, you're our only hope.

Harsha..

Ah, my bad. Should have used the search function before posting that :p

It's remarkable, though, at the amount of things possible with scripts, with programmers mostly working on them in their free time. The game stopped developing mostly because the funding for a development team dried up....it might even be a viable idea to start recruiting those scripters as developers and pay them in nuggets to start developing some features, nothing major like a mobile version, but a lot could be achieved by working on various formulae and effects here and there.

DeletedUser15368

@xShteff did try to organise the scripting community on github, and I imagine he had plans for that if he stayed with the company, but I don't know how organised they are these days, or if they are really taking requests, but I can only hope.

DeletedUser34084

but I don't know how organised they are these days, or if they are really taking requests

That's something that depends on each person within the group, I can't force anyone to do anything :p. My idea was to have all scripts in one place, and have a flat hierarchy, as in everyone can contribute to everything (pretty much what open sourcing is supposed to be) - and that's what we have. My "contributions" to the group are done :p.

DeletedUser39045

This HAS to have been suggested at some point, but I'm suggesting it anyway: the Market needs a "Seeking" tab.

Like, I need paper. I select "paper" from a menu of options (ideally, anything craft-able would be selectable) and input a bid price (or range), and when someone posts "paper" to the list, *boom*, I buy it.

It would make life much easier!

K.

Harsha..

This has been mentioned many times before, but the travelling fair gets completed in a ridiclous amount of time on active worlds.

1603683330786.png

That was taken around a hour after the fair started. All the products have been maxed out. By far, I think one of the more helpful features of the fair is the bond aspect of it's construction. If a player could keep one product in each category, they would easily get 25 bonds per day. But here, mostly people dont have time to add any products.

I would say to drastically increase the effort needed to complete it - perhaps, make it that 10x of everything is needed in active worlds and randomize the start time of the fair.

RaiderTr

Next update they buff the Fair buffs that will be unnecessary no matter what, sooo maybe some day that too