World re-branding

DeletedUser15368

Idea title:
Reassign current game worlds to better suit the needs of the community in 2020, and allow much needed and demanded world migrations.

Details of idea:
- Make World 1 a PvE world, where forts and duels are limited to "PvP quest events" run by the server administrators. This can potentially be done using the Time of Peace world setting. Adventures would be allowed, as they are an opt-in feature, unsure if they are affected by Peace time, or if this can even be set on a world by world basis... so unfortunately may require some development time to be realised
- Assign Arizona and Colorado* as the designated PvP worlds for .net
- Allow Briscoe and Galvaston to remain as they are, but with migration in and out of the worlds, for storage of old and spare accounts, possibly even reviving an extra two worlds.
- Open all migration routes to all worlds, close all extra worlds within 6 months. Plenty of time for players to decide which accounts to keep.
- Unsure what to do with Juarez. Maybe leave it as an un-moderated quarantine area where banned or troubling players can be moved to play with themselves for as long as their punishment lasts.

Visual Aid:
gvuspzv.png

Reasons for submitting:
Dying dwindling player-base a fraction of the size in the game's prime. Non-functional PvP on half our worlds. Consolidating our small player-base which can support just 2 worlds. Giving casuals who hate being duelled their own world while reviving W1. We don't have any new players coming to the game, just old players who don't want to start again. Making The West Great Again.

* Players on Colorado will have more skill points from quests, than new world players will have bought. Skill point buying is also completely irrelevant in the modern game. If it really is a problem for some people, heavy SP buyers can be sent to Arizona.

PvE = Player Verses Environment - Questing, crafting and berry picking.
PvP = Player Verses Player - Duelling, fort fighting and adventuring, in addition to the PvE elements of the game which compliment PvP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34899

I'd prefer Dakota set as an even server Colorado has tons of grandfathered inventory and a really active player base to me.

DeletedUser39417

This idea is very interesting and also brings up a side issue/question: So El Dorado and Houston are now "closed"? Were was this announced? Also I thought El D was the prison planet :'P

DeletedUser36624

I wanna insist on the part where SP buyers go to Arizona or any other prem world not Colorado.
If we get to choose to delete one of two accounts, getting our upgraded gear from the one to be deleted would be nice.

Nisa

- Unsure what to do with Juarez. Maybe leave it as an un-moderated quarantine area where banned or troubling players can be moved to play with themselves for as long as their punishment lasts.
I so loved this idea in past lol, it was meant to be for perma banned players where they would be able to keep playing and we suggested to name the world Yuma . My hopes are very low atm but kudos to you for still trying.

DeletedUser15368

Sad that forums no longer used for feedback gathering :hmf:
Well we tend to give feedback about difficult issues that actually affect gameplay, not this stuff. Worth remembering the FB social media stuff is how we reach new players these days, because everyone's grandparents are the exact demographic we need to get hooked on a gambling simulation.

RaiderTr

because everyone's grandparents are the exact demographic we need to get hooked on a gambling simulation
Do i look like a grandpa to you :'P
But i get your point, and I highly doubt facebook gets any new players at all. It's just same old ppl playing, or were playing for years and they are mainly negative of the tombola gamble p2w simulator, and demanding mobile version for forever, fwiw :-D

Once they asked of how J.Fry rifle should be there but of course didn't make it really better than Zapata weapon set.

Last edited:

Harsha..

As an appendium to this idea, how about a permanent speed server?

We all know Innogames opens a new world every year to make revenue. Rather than opening a new "long term" world, they could keep a speed server that runs for 12 months a year. After the conclusion of each year, the winners can be rewarded, the server shut down and reset, then players can join it again and start from scratch.

Seems to be an ideal solution to cater to those specific players who want to start on a new world to "be on the top of rankings", while also providing speed and a clean slate. At the same time, all the old worlds could be merged and cater to those players who prefer long term play.

DeletedUser34084

As an appendium to this idea, how about a permanent speed server?

We all know Innogames opens a new world every year to make revenue. Rather than opening a new "long term" world, they could keep a speed server that runs for 12 months a year. After the conclusion of each year, the winners can be rewarded, the server shut down and reset, then players can join it again and start from scratch.

Seems to be an ideal solution to cater to those specific players who want to start on a new world to "be on the top of rankings", while also providing speed and a clean slate. At the same time, all the old worlds could be merged and cater to those players who prefer long term play.
One wacky idea I've had in the past is having temporary regular servers, instead. The way I see it, it would give the game a purpose. Right now there's close to no purpose in game after you've reached max level (other than picking berries and trading with Indians).

I've been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare recently and they're doing "seasons" - where at the end of the season you reset your levels (well, you get level 55 out of 155) and keep your weapons/skins/unlockables.

I recall they're doing this in Tribal Wars already, imagine it in this game :p.

asdf124

One wacky idea I've had in the past is having temporary regular servers, instead. The way I see it, it would give the game a purpose. Right now there's close to no purpose in game after you've reached max level (other than picking berries and trading with Indians).

I've been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare recently and they're doing "seasons" - where at the end of the season you reset your levels (well, you get level 55 out of 155) and keep your weapons/skins/unlockables.

I recall they're doing this in Tribal Wars already, imagine it in this game :p.
You mean for the dueling aspect? People would hate ya :D

DeletedUser15368

A quick update to this idea since this thread is kinda outdated now:

With Union:
World NamePopulation (lvl 15+)Migration Routes
Arizona906B, D, E, F, J, H, I
Briscoe412A, D, E, F, J, H, I
Colorado1887-
Dakota427A, B, E, F, J, H, I
A typical v2.xx world that we all know and love-hate.

Worlds Without Union:
World Name
Population (lvl 15+)
Migration Routes
Kansas652J, L, M
Las Vegas863J, K, M
Montana988J, K, L
A typical 2.xx world, but without union sets. debatable whether or not that even matters anymore.

(New) Speed Worlds:
World NameSpeed of all settings (exp gain, cash gain, travel)Migration Routes
El Dorado4x (permanent)A, B, E, F, J, H, I (Out only until reset)
Fairbank8x (resets monthly - prizes)A, B, E, F, J, H, I (Out only until reset)
Galveston16x (permanent)A, B, E, F, J, H, I (Out only until reset)
Permanent or temporary worlds with altered game settings for a unique experience, for example different speed settings. These worlds would be closed and reset before being repurposed.

(New) PvE worlds:
World NameMigration Routes
HoustonAll worlds (Colorado in-only)
IdahoAll worlds (Colorado in-only)
Worlds where duels are disabled (other than on NPC characters which can be duelled for quests and such) and fort battles are scheduled. For a more relaxed game but with hopefully more players for more social and market activity.

(New) Event Worlds:
JuarezK, L, M (Out only until reset)
[Event server]-
For use in events organised by the team. Juarez would be closed and reset before being repurposed.

(New) Migration Worlds:
[World N]All relevant worlds (in only)
A new world opened, instead of opening a new regular world, in which players can migrate any character they wish to a new adventure.

(New) Classic World:
World NameSettings
World 1As close as possible to Classic, if possible with old-style clothes with no level-based stats. Not tombolas, stuff like that, would require work.

Last edited by a moderator: