Balancing Fort Battles*

RaiderTr

*Rewards, Classes and Damage.

As mentioned here, there are significant Balance issues with FFs.

And the possible solutions (in my opinion) are as follows;

1- Worker class bonuses can be lowered to %15 (%30 with Premium)
2- HP loss can have an effect on Battle Rewards -so that Sacrifice is rewarded a bit!
3- In the damage Formula , Leadership coefficient can be lowered slightly
4- Sector damage bonuses of Sets can be Lowered slightly or be Percentage based and/or NOT boosted by the Damage formula.
5- Resistance can be made Percentage based. (Decrease the damage by %X )
6- Tower, Wall, Buildings bonuses can be increased a bit -to balance Attack vs Defense battles.
7- Default Attack & Defense bonuses in Formulas (25 v 10 atm) can be changed as they are becoming irrelevant/imbalanced with better and better sets.
8- Soldier Leadership class bonus can be increased to at least %30 (%60 with Premium) so that it actually becomes relevant again, or the way its calculated can be changed. And/Or make it Sector-wide bonus.
9- "Hiding" bonus of sets can be made equal/very close with "Setting Traps" rather than noticeably higher.

I don't know which/how many of them would be best/enough but I hope we can at least see one or two.

Regards

Last edited:

RaiderTr

I was thinking.. there is this Damager set type which gives lots of Attack right.. and an upgraded version comes out with Easter event (+ absurdly OP Union officer set..)

So maybe make a new set giving a good Defense (maybe few Attack too, like Natty did?) bonus with some Hp & other useful FF Stats -that can compete with current Sets?

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Well.. Instead.. Lets make 2x new Damager sets at the same time, which increase the already insane Damages and/or Hit Rates by about %50 (and makes sure even more people goes Leaders--t) because why not?!

Level 60 non-FF skilled Worker gets more Xp and Bonds than pure FF'er level 134 Soldier :D
Let alone poor Adventurers..

I mean at least 1 Tank and 1 Damager set would be much better than waiting 3 more months or so for some counter-balance, and that there is always some new players without sets, but yeah, nope.

Shame..

Last edited:

asdf124

Trying to compete with union set is amazing. Well done inno, zero innovatifeness, more quests to distract players!

It is now almost impossible to defend in fort fights, I think I should make a new map myself. Innogames don't have enough to do that themselves.

RaiderTr

But hey, we got (outdated) Golden Set on sale, suck on that Tanks :D

Ps. To "counter" the Union set, we need a Tanky Set with lots of Defense, Resist & Hp.
And given the Inno's stinginess for Tanks, that won't happen.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

I'm not competent enough to suggest exactly how the formulas should be re-balanced, but percentage based resist and damage formula seem interesting. Additional tower bonuses for defenders to make holding for longer than 1 round possible too, and as raider suggested, the passive +25 & +10 attack and defence values are almost meaningless with modern sets, and I don't imagine they do anything for a level 25 guy against a Union set.

Union set has an attack value bonus AND a sector damage bonus, all up-gradable and all locked behind a nugget paywall, it's two kinds of horrible game design in one package.
Thus highlighting my problem when people suggest new sets for them to sell. They'll be pay-walled, or available through exploitative lootbox style tombolas and at some point you can buy them on the market regardless of the fact players with $10m to every $1m of yours buy them all to upgrade their sets anyway /r

Anyway the point was, you turned sector damage bonuses from a nice occasional tactical advantage, into a massive tactical disadvantage if your players didn't buy as many of the sets as the other side. Also learned a couple of days ago that the damage formula doesn't have any diminishing returns, I suppose we were never meant to have sets capable of 3.5k damage in a shot, power creep went a bit rampant. I don't want to see that simply happen with resistance now, where the standard resistance is higher than the damage of my bloody weapon if i'm under level 100.

But i'm fully aware that's what management will decide to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

"Sector damage bonus" -boosted by Damage Formula has gone out of control. Everyone with high enough level (on Union sector) deals about 600-700 damage.
And about 20 of that kills a Tank easily. Don't even need a "Damager" (aka Leaders-t) player.

Did I mention that "Tanks" also using Union Officer to "farm" some damages (and lower their Tanking capabilities) ?
Thanks to Rewarding system I guess.

Ps. If resist be % based, there won't be "0" damage below certain level either, which is nowadays a big discouragement for New players who are interested in FFs.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

I actually recently learned that the Worker class bonus also boosts the Attack/Defense bonuses of the Item sets. (Still not sure of Sector bonuses and Buffs, but I suspect so)

That explains how Damager Workers can reach (and actually exceed) 300 Attack with Union Officer and often do more damages than Duelers that also has it.

But of course Worker tanks' Defense can't reach those values since there is no OP Nugget Tank set that is designed in a way Union was (That is, break the game as OPest of OPs).

Not that it should with either Tanks or Damagers, but you get the point, hopefully.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Awkwardness of Defense battles is really annoying.
It's so bad that Attackers get to use Towers/Walls way more often/longer than Defenders (if any!) under same circumstances.

Right now, I believe Unbuilt Forts (& Unfilled Battles) yield much more Balanced/Proper battles. (I wish we could Downgrade them!)
Otherwise, it's just a slaughter in the end and definitely far from "Fun" for both ends.

Yes, I know that in the past (years ago) taking Forts was very hard and there has been changes for that, but now it became truly ridiculous with more and more OP sets and insanely high Damages.

Of course killing-off Adventurers by those ridiculous Damages also lowered the quality of Battles by far.
Good luck finding "properly" skilled ones nowadays anyway. (Adventurers with Union Officer + Full Charisma&Leaders-t is the new meta)

As a result, battles became too repetitive and cheesy. (Under same circumstances)
Clear the Towers/Walls or Force a Bail > shoot through Gate > take Towers and Walls if you can, or Flag rush if you can't. That's it!

Do I even have to repeat that the majority of Sets giving more Hiding than Traps ("Pitfall")?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The West is The Best© Just spend $2000.00 on nuggets and everything will be a-ok.

RaiderTr

Ah I wish 2k dollars would be enough to neutralize the Union Officer bs, outdated Formulas, Rewarding system, Mechanics etc
I'm sure lots of ppl would be willing to give that money as individuals/collective effort.

Oh, hey, these seems familiar from somewhere?
(https://tw-calc.net/sets/2017_ifbc_animal)

The irony.. is real.. is strong..

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

I think I found the perfect way to describe how outdated everything to do with Fort Fighting has become in this game.
F7Ikexd.png

They never even got around to changing Stamina to Hiding on hushpuppies :up:

Last edited by a moderator: