Events like Gold rush and IFBC are unfair

asdf124

The reason why they are unfair is due to the fact that their are certain scripts which are legal in other servers. While here its illegal.

A lot of players in the other languages decided to simply cheat by getting help in gold rush, as well as getting the script which lets them know each gold/silver jobs.

I find it odd that our team doesn't have any say in it(Oh wait, I forgot that most hate me anyways :D ), it is simply beyond me why they let these insane advantages for other teams while we are basically tied with one hand.

I know someone who complained that I gotten em "killed" cause they were using macros or scripts to click on jobs.

Automatic/programmable clickers exists and they are in no way detectable.

Last edited:

Nisa

I agree rules should be same for all servers . It is not fair that some allow players to use Gold/ silver job scripts.
We all know clickers exists and I disagree they are not detectable.

asdf124

Wouldn't that mean you agree, they can't be detected? Certainly, even if you think their is a path, they can simply program it to simply not make any paths at all(evidence that it is indeed a clickable. But technically, their was no oversight on clickers in that event. Else we'd see more bans.

DeletedUser39457

By the way, there will be an IFBC this year ? or an classic server (more than one month...). You should try to revival the game even if there are a lot of players that had bad comments. I love this game and is not NBA :):lovetw:

mxj1337

The reason why they are unfair is due to the fact that their are certain scripts which are legal in other servers. While here its illegal.

A lot of players in the other languages decided to simply cheat by getting help in gold rush, as well as getting the script which lets them know each gold/silver jobs.
Gold jobs finder is least usefull script at events tbh xD
A lot of markets have reta*ded CM who can't make a list of legal scripts and sub-forum with scripts if full of "pending" scripts and as §6 rules say:
Until a script has been approved publicly by the team, it is considered as illegal and it’s not allowed to be used.
But in most of language versions there is no such list XD so every script is illegal then.

I agree rules should be same for all servers . It is not fair that some allow players to use Gold/ silver job scripts.
Marcos obviously, and poorly written bots too. The ones with good humanizer options making random breaks between jobs etc aren't.
wwFrx8d.png
I know people who won gold rush by playing with 3 people on 1 account via Screen sharing, playing almost 24/7 on bot checking the game once per 1/2 hours to check if any admin written private message and reply something like "I was on phone" or sth xd Not a single detection of bot, only ban they got was for "playing 43 hours in a row isn't human possible" Then sending fake perscriptions for sleeping problems medicines from doctor saying that they have insomnia xD and later limiting spamming 15 sec jobs to 20 hours per day xD

By the way, there will be an IFBC this year ? or an classic server (more than one month...). You should try to revival the game even if there are a lot of players that had bad comments. I love this game and is not NBA :):lovetw:
Yes, afaik IFBC around summer and some smaller solo event like goldrush before. Unlucky the fort championship is gonna be at 2 small forts played in the same time instead of one big (XD)

Nisa

Gold jobs finder is least usefull script at events tbh xD
A lot of markets have reta*ded CM who can't make a list of legal scripts and sub-forum with scripts if full of "pending" scripts and as §6 rules say:
Until a script has been approved publicly by the team, it is considered as illegal and it’s not allowed to be used.
But in most of language versions there is no such list XD so every script is illegal then.

Marcos obviously, and poorly written bots too. The ones with good humanizer options making random breaks between jobs etc aren't.
wwFrx8d.png
I know people who won gold rush by playing with 3 people on 1 account via Screen sharing, playing almost 24/7 on bot checking the game once per 1/2 hours to check if any admin written private message and reply something like "I was on phone" or sth xd Not a single detection of bot, only ban they got was for "playing 43 hours in a row isn't human possible" Then sending fake perscriptions for sleeping problems medicines from doctor saying that they have insomnia xD and later limiting spamming 15 sec jobs to 20 hours per day xD

Yes, afaik IFBC around summer and some smaller solo event like goldrush before. Unlucky the fort championship is gonna be at 2 small forts played in the same time instead of one big (XD)
You missed out on some really fun explanations with ' proof' attached but I'm not allowed to share. My question is what is the point to put that much effort, having multiple players playing one account, no sleep etc, for what ? Where is the fun.

DeletedUser15368

"we held a competition based on individual gains rewarding premium currency in a predatory Pay2Win game and humans tried to game the system (cheat) to have advantages"

Last edited by a moderator:

Nisa

The competition held by me had a big prize pool split into 2 categories, for premium and non premium players.
I understand winning for whatever cost is 'fun' :D and event is supposed to be fun thats why we run events at first place, well at least that was my reason.
But having 2 other persons clicking for you ( it's what mxj1337 said)
is not my definition of fun. It leaves us to either not bother to start new event at all, or run some event with not so great prizes so cheaters can cheat all they want. It's always up to players base.

DeletedUser15368

is not my definition of fun. It leaves us to either not bother to start new event at all, or run some event with not so great prizes so cheaters can cheat all they want. It's always up to players base.
For sure, you must be fully aware of the worst of our mostly amazing free-to-play playerbase, that's why we needed the team prizes with fun goals (even though they can create tribalism and elitism within the competition) instead of just who can farm the most exp in a given time, which is almost pre-allocated to those with the most free time, unless you cheat allegedly, and how do you detect a well written bot, when scripters are more proficient than all the Inno devs minus Diggo (who doesn't sit around looking for botters), or someone using someone else's computer for them (either physically or digitally), all while the entire purpose of the world is to be as active as possible on all the jobs. It's unfortunate that people aren't completely sporting, but we have to learn from the past or be doomed to repeat it.

I guess these are symptoms of a combination of the set-up of the competition (and the absolute Pay2Win nature of both PvP and PvE elements of the game for relevant prizes) and human nature itself, and i think the way to reduce cheating is making it more of an "event" than a "competition" by giving fewer big individual rewards for an end "winner", but larger rewards for a larger group who achieve something together. Or perhaps for individuals, a series of goals to achieve, and all players are rewarded as they smash each subsequent and more challenging task*, as opposed to having one winner at the end with an incentive to cheat to get to that position. This set-up would massively boost participation in all aspects and hopefully therefore the overall enjoyment for everyone, and you can still make money from the nugget bois buying premiums and soap waters, just please don't have a bloody tombola in the middle of the event. In fact, no tombola sets at all and suddenly it all sounds like an event I want to be involved in.

Imagine: The game in its purest and most balanced form with players being taken through a mega-quest of all* the PvP and PvE the West has to offer in a challenging, but not tedious, and well thought out process, with actually enticing rewards for their main character back home, in sharp contrast to real quests. Everyone will have an opportunity to be the "winner", just nugget bois get there faster, and maybe they can still compete for a unique cosmetic prize amongst themselves for farming exp or whatever other tedious task you come up with to keep them busy and engaged.

The downside is it might need a bit of development to achieve, which may be out of our reach as a community given how the game is managed now, and I think the influence of community managers on etriel is close to zero these days.

Sidenote: I massively appreciated the free prize pool as the main content in this game are other players, and most of them play for free, but imagine trying to farm exp, non premium with 4 job slots, oof.
Side Sidenote: We struggle to organise local GM fort battles these days, are there really plans for more world-scale events?
Side Side Sidenote: As I've said before, I hope etriel decides to hold another IFBC with the current broken Fort Battles, just so she's actually forced to witness the consequences of the premium fort sets of late, and make it a bit harder to ignore all the best fort fighters in the world complaining about it.

*minor suggestion just in case someone actually takes my ranting seriously: DO NOT ADD ADVENTURES AS A TASK, I know you were already thinking about it, I know you all too well you faceless purposefully unaccountable multinational game dev company you. Bad Inno. The old Poker minigame was more tactical than Adventures, maybe bring that back instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nisa

I always liked the idea of team prizes and team goals rather than individual and we tried to run it, as always it wasn't perfect and players always found some loopholes so it went to wrong direction.

We are of course limited with tools we have but creating new items and (good)quests is always welcome.
So if anyone got an idea how they would like next even to looks like feel free to share it. Could even organize a competition and public vote if we have players interested to put effort into it and come up with ideas .

Deleted User - 4195108

What About An Event In Which The Achievements (By This I Mean Anything Valuable You Do In The Game, By YourSelf Or With Others, Not Just "Achievements" Achievements) You Make Are Added To A Pool And EveryOne In Your Group Gets Rewarded For Achievements Over A Certain Time Span, Say 2 Weeks Or One Month? Whatever Group, Whether It Be Server, Town Etc (Any Other Groupings?)

asdf124

The competition held by me had a big prize pool split into 2 categories, for premium and non premium players.
I understand winning for whatever cost is 'fun' :D and event is supposed to be fun thats why we run events at first place, well at least that was my reason.
But having 2 other persons clicking for you ( it's what mxj1337 said)
I think he said they used clickers, so they all had at least 8 hours of sleep.