We really need to close down the older worlds and allow migration

Harsha..

I feel it's time this subject was raised again - there simply are too many worlds.

While I do understand the economic incentive in opening new worlds - players start there and spend nuggets to level up and get gear, there is no sense in leaving older and inactive worlds open. It does considerably more harm than good.

Assuming a Veteran player is on Dakota. He/She has worked hard in the past to take their toon to level 150, and aren't willing to put in the effort to start again from scratch in a more active world, which I know can be very difficult and energy-draining. A new set - say, the union set comes for sale and that player looks at the scant number of battles on Dakota and then decides "it's not worth it" and doesn't spend money on the game. Even as the world slides further into inactivity, players on that world get more depressed and gradually quit.

I have personally seen people in my alliance in Briscoe (yet another dead world) complain about the low activity. Few battles happen there and attendance is low. Many great players have Briscoe as their "main world", the one world where they invest 80% of their time and money in. Now, assuming those players can be moved to other worlds like Az or Colorado - these players would only contribute towards making these worlds more active. These worlds (Az and Co) which have a shortage of battle leaders will gain new ones if migration is allowed, and the players who migrate will gain a fresh interest in things. Additionally, with closing down the worlds, I also believe that Innogames will save money in server running costs. So, it's a win-win for everyone concerned.

My proposal is that Briscoe, Dakota and El Dorado be closed down. Players on these worlds who didn't spend nuggets on buying SPs/APs should be allowed to migrate to Colorado. I'd also like to request for a poll to be conducted in each of these worlds, asking players whether or not they want the world to be closed down. If the overwhelming majority votes, then it would provide adequate justification for closing that server down.

EDIT (11-Oct-2020) - updating this original post with a more recent post/proposal

Having given it some thought and seen many posts since the original post, I think this new way of organizing worlds might be the most optimal for the long term survival of the game.

El Classico - A permanent classic server, either in V1.00 or at the version after FFs were added to the game, but before any tombolas.
World 1 - PvE, Berry pickers world. FFs happen every now and then, duels can be enabled/disabled by players.
World Colorado - non-enhanced premium world. No buying of SP/AP or instant energy refill/job completion.
World Arizona - enhanced premium world I
World Idaho - enhanced premium world 2
Roadrunner XI - permanent speed world. It resets annually, with everything going back to scratch at the start of the year, specifically catering to the playerbase who likes shorter term and quicker gameplay.

Any world not on the list is simply shut down and players allowed to migrate either to W1, CO, AZ or Idaho. The opening of new "long term" worlds can be permantently suspended in favor of the speed server that resets annually. I feel that this formulation will be the most optimal, effectively catering to all sections of the playerbase, while continuing to give the company the revenues it needs from the game.

Last edited:

asdf124

You can buy sp in briscoe, which was why you couldn’t migrate from world 11/12 into Colorado.

So, only 2-3 worlds are probably an ideal route.

Galveston, eldorado, Dakota, and briscoe should have the ability to migrate at least at end of last year. In my opinion, those worlds don’t have much average player activities.

Harsha..

You can buy sp in briscoe, which was why you couldn’t migrate from world 11/12 into Colorado.

In my post, I said those who didn't buy any sp/ap should be allowed to migrate to colorado. I know a number of players who already have toons in Az, but not in Colorado. Why permanently close off the option to migrate to the most stable .net server to everyone from the other worlds? - there are many who didn't buy any SP/AP and those can be allowed to move there.

Can some moderator please let us know when is it planned for the next round of world closures to take place?

Al35ul

It would be almost impossible to know who bought skill points and who didn't. On top of that, to check this, you'd have to take each player one by one,which is also not very likely to happen and not 100% accurate.

foscock

Banned
In my post, I said those who didn't buy any sp/ap should be allowed to migrate to colorado. I know a number of players who already have toons in Az, but not in Colorado. Why permanently close off the option to migrate to the most stable .net server to everyone from the other worlds? - there are many who didn't buy any SP/AP and those can be allowed to move there.

Can some moderator please let us know when is it planned for the next round of world closures to take place?
Moderators find out about migration at the same time the rest of the players do, it's not something that is revealed early.

asdf124

It would be almost impossible to know who bought skill points and who didn't. On top of that, to check this, you'd have to take each player one by one,which is also not very likely to happen and not 100% accurate.
I can make a spreadsheet, and then players can just screenshot how much they have bought if it makes it easier for moderators.

Al35ul

I can make a spreadsheet, and then players can just screenshot how much they have bought if it makes it easier for moderators.

That is even less accurate than taking each player one by one and checking if they bought APs/SPs or not :rolleyes:

Apelatia

Realistically, whether or not players have bought some skill points shouldn't make a huge difference. There's already such a vast spread on Colorado that unless we're talking about super old players who have done every quest/event with an SP reward, as well as being level 150 and having bought SPs, then there won't be a big advantage compared to others. I bet that even if players that bought skills in the past migrated to Colo, there would still be long-term Colo players with more accumulated SPs and APs than them.

The worlds aren't as "competitive" as they once were either, so imo it should be OK to allow full premium to migrate to enhanced premium, or whatever it's called. Just depends whether Inno is willing to lose those players that "might" buy skills to a world where they won't be able to.

RaiderTr

Game already lost tons of players to imbalance and awkward OP P2W sets.

But still I don't think those specific servers should be merged into Colorado. There are lots of servers to merge with until it comes to that.

DeletedUser26820

DAMN STRAIGHT, HARSHA !!!!!!!

Inno has drug the .EN servers thru enough mud and muck.
When we go up against .cz or .gr or whatever servers in FF Tournaments and get our butt's kicked... enough is enough.

I've played Briscoe and Briscoe only for over 8 years.
We've taken on so many migrators we no longer have an identity.

Can those of servers, like Briscoe, that have taken on some many migrators, that are now the server of those migrated, be given a chance to leave it?

I'm going to give you an example:
When simosthegooner, who's toon on Briscoe migrated to it, uses his toon on Briscoe to threaten toons on other servers for their actions on Briscoe, can I get off Briscoe?
He can be the @realdonaldtrump on Briscoe. I just play this as a game. This simos guys thinks he actually controls and owns something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38507

Most worlds struggle to fill smalls, but I will say it's nice not having flash popup every time you try and ff.

DeletedUser15368

No one hes been brave enough to challenge the outdated and arbitrary policies of this company. I can only foolishly hope that changes.

The player-base is in desperate need of some actual help from Inno. Please listen to your customers, just for once in your careers.

RaiderTr

Unfortunately this issue has been the cancer of the majority, if not all, of (P2W) browser games nowadays..
Open new servers from time to time (hell, some has 5-6 hundreds) then migrate older ones into each other, or to the newest one and be done with it..

Which really messes up things and breaks the order, stability etc on those servers but that's the "solution" they came up with and it at least prevents the games from dying.

The clear difference with Inno is that, the company is too damn stubborn to act on things which will make things better for the game & players to the point that makes it feel like they don't really give much damn about the game anymore, rather than cowing more money while it's dying slowly but surely.

There is no Ads for the game and all. While they advertise their games on The-West instead (see Cinema) or on its Facebook page.
There is no proper new content, if not once per year. While their other games get some every now and then.

Of course I should mention that their other games are even more P2W.

RaiderTr

tenor.gif

Last edited:

DeletedUser34084

No one hes been brave enough to challenge the outdated and arbitrary policies of this company.
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

I'm just leaving this here:

VWKFhf5.png

It's a review from some senior developer that worked here, on Glassdoor (funny enough mine was deleted). There's plenty of reviews like that. (Of course, the only positive ones mentioning free snacks and beer)

Last edited by a moderator: