Civil War - Feedbacks

DeletedUser15368

The event's cool, but I'm not happy with the set, another damage set is bad enough, but damage for the entire sector in the current state of forts is a huge detriment to the game.

Sucks to be a tank or an adventurer in 2019, I'm really not looking forward to the next few months - damager-orientated set coming at Easter too..

RaiderTr

Sucks to be a tank or an adventurer in 2019, I'm really not looking forward to the next few months - damager-orientated set coming at Easter too..

Yea.
Thanks to such sets, everyone and their parents are damagers now.. Easy mode for rewards, and to feel accomplished something..
While Advents/Tanks dying within few turns.

Also, there are these sets with insane Attack boosts, so where is the counter?
Where are the sets with Defense boosts?!

Without Dodging, there is no point in being a Tank with these crazy damages.
Workers are fine somewhat..(Cause every Stat is boosted by Class bonus) .. Poor Soldiers and Adventurers on the other hand..

And without those.. FF's are mouse and cat game of damagers, all day long.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

Without Dodging, there is no point in being a Tank with these crazy damages.

I guess the development Roadmap this year is to make tanking or adventuring unplayable to the point everyone restarts as a dueller or a worker?

Failing the above explanation, one can only assume that the person responsible for making new sets doesn't really understand the components or mechanics of the game, so even talking about things that should be done to counter damage through the new "content" is a waste of typing until they; learn what fort battles are and how they work, get replaced or start listening to literally any active fort fighter. The scope of the problem is far beyond sets however, formulas, both damage and resistance, need to be tweaked to account for the rampant damage creep imo.

And locking such a set behind a nugget paywall, simply to benefit the already most powerful and high level leadership players is quite distasteful.

I'd like to comment more on the actual event, but it's just a basic GM fort battle, so not much to say other than complain about the bs state of Forts and the active efforts the set designer seems to take to make it worse.

2ydw2f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

foscock

Banned
I'd like to comment more on the actual event, but it's just a basic GM fort battle, so not much to say other than complain about the bs state of Forts and the active efforts the set designer seems to take to make it worse.
It's not really a GM fort battle, if you mean there will be GM characters in the battle like the pirate battles. Just a normal battle, dug by an NPC, but only involving regular players.

Harsha..

Why not include GM characters in the battles? - make some NPCs named after the civil war characters, give them super high stats. The ones who get to KO them get special rewards....that would make the event even more interesting than just a regular battle with regular players.

Regarding the new sets. My impression is that the marketers of this game have figured out that damage sets sell really well and so they make more of them. One of my friends thinks that some months down the line, when all the tanks are in a dark age, yet another nugget set will make an appearance, this time to boost tanks and even more sales come around as a result, further feeding the profit cycle that's well established by now.

RaiderTr

Regarding the new sets. My impression is that the marketers of this game have figured out that damage sets sell really well and so they make more of them. One of my friends thinks that some months down the line, when all the tanks are in a dark age, yet another nugget set will make an appearance, this time to boost tanks and even more sales come around as a result, further feeding the profit cycle that's well established by now.

Yea instead of balancing the classes and making good sets for all, this is much easier (and cheaper) for them I guess..

Pity.

However its not only nugget set is the problem.
There will be a new leaders--t set with the Easter as well..

DeletedUser27568

I want to know why soldiers don't do more damage in battles? They get to use their weapons 3-6 levels before anyone else, so they should be shooting better than anyone else. Want to make fort fights fun?, then make it so defense can actually put traps outside of fort. Make them a craft.. And I will mention this again, give us cannons, both attack & defense, each side would have to build the cannons. Every craft supplies pieces, even the ball's, powder. would take two to man it. If hit by cannon fire, would get dueler damage. You guys can figure it out, the math and ****. Besides making ff fun, it would give the builders something to do after ff instead of building the church's. Hell we should all have Cathederal's by now.. Forget the clothing set's, each new set makes the one before it obsolete.....

Al35ul

I want to know why soldiers don't do more damage in battles? They get to use their weapons 3-6 levels before anyone else, so they should be shooting better than anyone else. Want to make fort fights fun?, then make it so defense can actually put traps outside of fort. Make them a craft.. And I will mention this again, give us cannons, both attack & defense, each side would have to build the cannons. Every craft supplies pieces, even the ball's, powder. would take two to man it. If hit by cannon fire, would get dueler damage. You guys can figure it out, the math and ****. Besides making ff fun, it would give the builders something to do after ff instead of building the church's. Hell we should all have Cathederal's by now.. Forget the clothing set's, each new set makes the one before it obsolete.....

I'll answer your first question :D, it's because it's not their role to. Each class has it's role and purpose...soldiers are made to go full HP and tank, whilst duelers deal the damage :p. But I understand what you mean

Al35ul

First step for improvement is making classic west permanent with the old formulas, there tanks can tank for as long as they want....as to the rest of the mess, I'll leave that to whoever cares to fix it.

But I won't get off topic :D

DeletedUser15368

It's not really a GM fort battle, if you mean there will be GM characters in the battle like the pirate battles. Just a normal battle, dug by an NPC, but only involving regular players.
I didn't mean that, but there would be more to say about the actual event then. Admin scheduled a fort battle with no plans to oversee it, all to push their new ridiculous nugget set. Lovely :)

First step for improvement is making classic west permanent with the old formulas
Well it goes without saying that the easiest way to improve this game, is to roll back to a version where it was still balanced and enjoyable.

#BringBackClassic

DeletedUser15368

According to French Community manager:

If there are more registrations than places available, the last registrants will not be able to participate, try to split on both sides.
We hope that players will register on each side to create a balance, otherwise it will not motivate us to do other battles of this type in the future.
Technically it is possible to switch players from one side to another, however these battles are free, we have no plans to choose your side for you.

of course, the .net team could chose to oversee the battles a bit better if they wished.

Also according to a Polish mod, the weapon box will cost 1000 gold nuggets, and clothes will cost 1200.

jumping all over the shop trying to gather information, the lack of organisation or foresight is just shocking (jk).

RaiderTr

I was told that they've increased the limits of both sides in German worlds.
But now you saying French doesn't, it's up to the mercy of .net team then..

I also wish that Awesomia always stayed fully upgraded like this.

Last edited:

Nisa

Regarding the Fort Fight... is it limited to 140x120 ? And if so, how will the game decide who joins and who doesn't?

We can raise the limit. As you all noticed some worlds have over 140x120 sign ups so far and we will adjust the numbers accordingly and try to let everyone in.

However, as Sly already mentioned and there is no guarantee from our side server will be happy about it but we will try.
So keep signing up ;)

PrancingPurplePony

Soooo, if not everyone will be able to get in, there should to be some compensation for those that sign up but don't get chosen. It isn't the players fault if inno stages an event that the servers can't handle.
And to say first come, first in, isn't really fair when you have players from different time zones that wouldn't all be able to sign up the instant it was open.

Junkz

Ideally, everyone would get in. However, we'll have to think about what our servers can handle as well.

We can raise the limit. As you all noticed some worlds have over 140x120 sign ups so far and we will adjust the numbers accordingly and try to let everyone in.

However, as Sly already mentioned and there is no guarantee from our side server will be happy about it but we will try.
So keep signing up ;)

Thanks guys :) Altough...
RIP The West Servers :(

Last edited: