Buffs Need to be Re-Designed

RaiderTr

Hey everyone,

I'm sure many of you are aware that it's about time that many of the Craft Buffs to be re-designed.

Bonuses are mainly (not All) fine but the real issue lies with the way they work/apply.
That being said, the new OP sets lower the effectiveness of many to almost zero.

Some examples;
  • Ammunition slides: The best FF buff that can be crafted.
    It's all good unless you go into Adventures, because you don't have an option to Disable; or in other words, you don't get to choose where/when you wanna spend the Uses.
    Similar story for Speed buffs, or things like Vegetable Dumplings.
  • Disappearing Ink: Could be a good FF buff for Resistance, if only didn't have the same issue as above and the Values being so low + Giving Energy -that most likely will be wasted also.
  • Modern Armor: Another potential FF buff, for Tanks. If only it actually increased the Max Hp, instead of only Filling it.

• Ghostly Music: Experience bonus is great! But "Number of uses" ruins it.
    Would be great if it was "X Hours" instead -like Honey wine.
  • Jug of Water: The most unnecessary Craft, ever!
    Just to make Field cook a bit more useful (other than only Event Crafters!) I guess eh?
The list can easily be extended, but I will stop here for the time being.
That being said please feel free to add your opinions & more examples if you like! :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser39289

I agree with Raider, that this game could really benefit from some buff reworks, including what he proposed and/or more!

DeletedUser35101

What I mean is, we shouldn't need a craft to put water to a jug :D

Change Tea requirement to 3x Berries 1x Jug 1x Glass of Water and be done with it :p

So... what you're actually saying... No craft item should contain items made by ANY other craft....

RaiderTr

Idk how you came to that conclusion but No. It's just senseless to be in need of a specific craft to put water to a jug.

And, can we not wander away from the main topic any more, please?

Pankreas PorFavor

It's just senseless to be in need of a specific craft to put water to a jug.

it's just senseless that a guy with a knife can beat a guy with a pistol in a duel, but...
it's just senseless that you can catch more fish if you wear a different hat, but...
but - this is a game, it's not supposed to be perfectly realistic, right? instead of wasting effort on redesigning stuff that's been around for years (and works), I'd rather see Inno give us new recipes and new crafted items that will be more useful, increase maximum crafting level etc.

RaiderTr

Right, I see that everyone wanna stick with one part of all I wrote and ignore all the rest.
Finding a "weak point" is better option for some people obviously, instead of making contributions.
Pity.

And just because something was there for years means it's never supposed to be changed?!
I mean many things have been changed over the years. However not all things were Adapted to those changes.

So why it is wrong to ask them to be again?!
Not like it's too hard or anything anyway.

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

Right, I see that everyone wanna stick with one part of all I wrote and ignore all the rest.
Finding a "weak point" is better option for some people obviously, instead of making contributions.
Pity.

And just because something was there for years means it's never supposed to be changed?!
I mean many things have been changed over the years. However not all things were Adapted to those changes.

So why it is wrong to ask them to be again?!
Not like it's too hard or anything anyway.

Did someone say "wrong"? I disagree with you, that's allowed, right? Or are you only looking for affirmative responses?

I would rather see Inno's efforts directed somewhere else. That's my feedback to your idea. I don't think that it brings any significant improvement to the game. I'd rather see new recipes than all of a sudden a change that will affect hundreds of products and buffs that people already have in their inventories and for which they worked a lot. Will the buffs be improved? Maybe. Maybe they won't. Can they replace (for example) jugs and glasses of water we collected with products A and B so we still have the same amount of materials for crafting, and that all the hours we spent on those jobs are not for nothing? Maybe. Can they replace the jugs of water we already crafted with another crafted item we can sell on the market and make money or use for crafting of other items? Who knows. Maybe they will just make all the effort we invested worthless. In my opinion, the benefit is too low for the risk it brings.
But can Inno instead do something better with their resources? There's no maybe, there are better things to do. I vote for something better.
For example, turning buffs on/off, so I can use an ammo slide in a battle, but not in an adventure. That would be nice, I agree. Or inventing new recipes and new buffs, giving us (finally) some new content and new goals - new recipes for better buffs and increasing max crafting points to 900 for example? YES!

If you can accept that I agree with you on one part, then please accept that there are parts of your idea with which I don't agree. Do buffs really need to be redesigned? No. Some of them could maybe be improved. But would I say they "need" to do it? Nope.
Also, maybe you need to learn that finding weak points in an idea is a contribution. Need to, not just could. It can save you from some frustration in life.

RaiderTr

Now that's more like it!
Because now you are focusing on more things rather than one specific while ignoring the rest (Or making look like it)
And that was the point. Otherwise you can disagree all you want, it wouldn't bother me.

Anyways.
I'm not Suggesting a "Revamp" but Few Easy changes like; "number of uses" becoming time based stuff or "On/Off" thing etc.
(I was/am planning to write my Suggestions on Ideas sub-forum after some discussion here)

But u might be right that they might just change it all while they are at it, which I wouldn't want but well u know :D

Are there better things to do?
Sure there are, and I will support them for all it's worth but I don't see harm in Suggesting other stuff as well.
Not like they are gonna work on all at once anyway..

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

Now that's more like it!
Because now you are focusing on more things rather than one specific while ignoring the rest

and you are focusing only on the things that you want to hear and ignoring the most important part of my feedback.
I will repeat what I wrote in the first reply because it seems you missed it - "wasting effort on redesigning stuff that's been around for years (and works)".
it is my opinion that the benefit of implementing this idea is not worth the effort. you may not agree, and maybe the majority will disagree, but I'm just voicing my opinion. I have no problem with being out-voted if it ever comes to this. hopefully Innogames will spend their time on new recipes instead of changing what we already have.

DeletedUser38915

it's just senseless that a guy with a knife can beat a guy with a pistol in a duel
see
to see if a guy can beat another guy in a duel with only a knife.

I'm wondering if any kind of change that would result in happier people, more interest and then more people in general joining the west game would be worth it ... I am guessing it would be as long as those changes wouldn't be too difficult or time consuming to make. Sorry, I'm not sure what the program code is like but if it is only a matter of changing some numbers inside the code so that the game functions in a different manner - cool!

Hashing ideass out like this in the saloon, looking at the pro's and con's before hand is helpful.

My compliments to everyone for making an effort on this thread.:)

RaiderTr

I haven't ignored it, I actually answered it.. with I don't ask for a "Revamp" but a simple re-work/re-design whatever u wanna call it.
But also said that it's a possibility that they just might Revamp stuff while they are at it..

And the other thing..
Never asked for a Total Realism. But seriously, need to be "Trained" for putting water to a jug?

Many things can be justified somewhat (Like that Movie thing). But this one is just ridiculous.
I'm wondering if any kind of change that would result in happier people, more interest and then more people in general joining the west game would be worth it ... I am guessing it would be as long as those changes wouldn't be too difficult or time consuming to make. Sorry, I'm not sure what the program code is like but if it is only a matter of changing some numbers inside the code so that the game functions in a different manner - cool!

Hashing ideass out like this in the saloon, looking at the pro's and con's before hand is helpful.

Thank you. A constructive feedback at last.

The reason why I open my threads in Saloon first.

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

And the other thing..
Never asked for a Total Realism. But seriously, need to be "Trained" for putting water to a jug?

Many things can be justified somewhat (Like that Movie thing). But this one is just ridiculous.

it's almost like learning to crush graphite into a powder. or learning to put grain into a bag to make a feed bag. huh, I have graphite, I need powder - what do I do, can someone give me a recipe and train me? how on Earth do I combine grain with a bag to make "grains-in-bag"?
I reach a certain level, and suddenly I learn how to scare birds from a field. I was able to fish for trout, but I needed to go through 20 more levels to be able to do the same with salmon. or I just wear a different belt and necktie, that makes me more able to fish.
after getting 8 bullets in the head, you just continue picking berries because you have great reflexes. that's less ridiculous?

these are all examples of normal game design - you do stuff to progress to a higher level that enables you to do more stuff. I don't understand why you are so impressed with this lack of creativity when it comes to jugs of water? this game is full of such examples. in quests, jobs, crafting... but it's the same with any other game, isn't it?
I guess you're a tonic peddler that is sick of searching for a field cook that will make jugs of water for you, right? I know I am sometimes ;) I am also sometimes sick of searching for a saddler that makes chopping boards for my field cook (he doesn't even need a saw or a plane to do it! a wooden plank just magically turns into a chopping board?!). is it even remotely realistic? is it at least somewhat logical? nope. but it's a way to give you some tasks to do in a game.