I'd like a clarification on some game rules

• Thread starter DeletedUser39222
  • Start date

DeletedUser39222

I read the game rules, but they aren't very clear. I know that I can't use scripts or bots that emulate premium service, but what if I were to use a macro for something like sending event flowers? Is this allowed? The rules were clear on bots and scripts, but nothing was explained about macro (it was only mentioned).

If I were to make a 2nd account on a server I already played and I'd use that character just to start a town and build it for both characters. There wouldn't be any interactions between the 2, like money transfer. Is this allowed? In the rules there is something about 'pushing', but I'm not sure if it applies here.

Pankreas PorFavor

I read the game rules, but they aren't very clear. I know that I can't use scripts or bots that emulate premium service, but what if I were to use a macro for something like sending event flowers? Is this allowed? The rules were clear on bots and scripts, but nothing was explained about macro (it was only mentioned).

https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Game_Rules#.C2.A77.29_Bots.2C_Scripts.2C_Macros_and_Proxies
"The game is intended to be played on "normal" browsers without the use of automated processes."
Sounds to me that a macro that would automatically send flowers for you is not allowed.

If I were to make a 2nd account on a server I already played and I'd use that character just to start a town and build it for both characters. There wouldn't be any interactions between the 2, like money transfer. Is this allowed? In the rules there is something about 'pushing', but I'm not sure if it applies here.

https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Game_Rules#.C2.A72.29_Account_Usage
"Each player must only play one account per world."
I think this rule is very clear :) interaction or not - one account, that's it.

NB: I am not a part of the moderation team or anything like that, this is just how I understand these rules, but I think they will confirm.

DeletedUser39222

Players, knowingly, sharing an Internet connection and/or a device and operating accounts on the same world may not interact with each other within the game (be it, but not limited to dueling).

This is the rule I was referring to. Even if it was really my 2nd account I could just claim it belongs to my brother.

DeletedUser15368

There's a couple of approved scripts to do with sending flowers, Like this one

You're only allowed to have one account per game world, claiming it's your brother probably won't save you.

Slygoxx

Providing details of how you would circumvent such a rule on a public forum doesn't do you any good either.

@Pankreas PorFavor explained the rules perfectly, automating your game in any way is not allowed, unless the script you are using has received approval from the support team.

DeletedUser39222

Providing details of how you would circumvent such a rule on a public forum doesn't do you any good either.

I don't really plan to do it, but I admit that I used to do it like 5 years ago.

Harsha..

A much better thing to do would be to ask a player from another world to join and build your town for you in exchange for you doing that on his world.

I think this is legal,but could the mods confirm?

Apelatia

A much better thing to do would be to ask a player from another world to join and build your town for you in exchange for you doing that on his world.

I think this is legal,but could the mods confirm?
From our perspective, this would be considered as two completely separate players on two separate worlds. No issues with this.