Increase Maximum Friends

HelenBack

Surely nobody has anywhere near 100 people that they actively talk to. I don't see the limit as a problem for most players, but you do have a good point when you mention new players struggling to find available friends for events.

Perhaps a different option would be to incorporate some kind of suggested friends list that shows people around similar level and activity, possibly ones close by on the map or who have friends in common. Sure, the list is only there for events so a random list of available people would work, but we might as well throw in a few relevant factors on the off chance that it might bring some people together.

In one world, I had 170+ friends on my Friend List before the first Event that needed you to send stuff to friends... Most I do talk to frequently... Many are new people that I helped get started... Only a few have ever been added just for the sake of an event to "top up" my list.

And one of the reasons for the Friend List is to be able to whisper to someone when they are online. You can no longer use the ( /tell playername ) function to whisper someone... When I tried to whisper someone that was actually in the alliance chat using the /tell function, I got this error:
[19:57] Henry: You can only whisper to players that you can see in a chat window.

So, if they aren't in the same alliance as you, not in the same Saloon as you and you wanna chat... There's no way to even try if they aren't on your Friend List.

HelenBack

*BUMP!!!*

Been a while... Still having the same issue... Need to have more space for Friends... HINT HINT! lol :)

A lot of people have migrated from w1, w11, w12 to AZ and BR... And I can't add them to my Friend List because there is no space. :(

There are more new people joining who I also can't add to my Friend List because... There's no space... :(

The issue is not going away... It's getting worse. Same issue for other people too!

From almost two years ago...

<snip>
Just from testing the waters here... it looks like there are others with the same issues. And it did open a conversation on how to fix the problem.

I do like the idea of:
- Opening up the friend limit to 150
- For Events, have a single Friend Event Button that someone needs to press once per day (active players get more this way) to gather all their Fireworks/Flower/Hearts from their friends.
- Pressing the Friend Event Button gives them 20 Fireworks (or whatever amount of whatever event currency) x the number of Friends to a maximum of 100 Friends. It would also still make people want to add friends to get the max 100 which would keep up the Community building part of the game... Where people actually have to talk to each other. lol

So the server would only need to calculate the number of Friends x the number of Event Currency and add it to the Event Currency Bank.

No more pressing "Send Fireworks" 100x resulting in the Black Screen of Death... Only to get 2/3rds of the Event Currency returned. I think this would lower the stress on the servers.

They could even make the Friend Event Button appear twice a day and lower the amount of Event Currency that is sent to make people work for it. ;)

That all makes more sense... yes? :cool:

DeletedUser

Forgive my ignorance, but i didn't know there is a limit in friends list. Is there?
I know there is limit in invites you can send only.

HelenBack

At first, I don't think there was a limit... Then they seemed to cap invites you could send (after you got 100), but others could send you an invite and you could accept it.

Now, they have it capped at 100 friends.

When they forced the limit, those with more than 100 friends lost the most recent friends added until they only had 100. This triggered quite a few whispers/telegrams asking "Why don't you like me anymore? What did I do?" kinda questions. And I was not aware of the cap... I don't remember if it was mentioned ahead of time... So, there was a lot of confusion as people tried to re-add friends that were cut... And they couldn't add them. So then they had to go through their list to determine if "this friend" was better than "that friend".

I had 170+ friends when the limit was enforced. So I had a lot of people upset at me... when I didn't do anything. I know I wasn't the only one who had this issue... :p

Now, I still have a waitlist... I can't add them and there aren't any currently on my list that I want to cut. :(

asdf124

*BUMP!!!*

Still an issue....... :confused: Hint hint!!! :rolleyes:
I have to agree and disagree, 100 friends take how many minutes to send to?

It would be nice to have a button, send to all njubs.(cause I am a lazy person)
I just can't imagine sending over 100 players each day, each world unless the stated button existed.

jarograv

I have to agree and disagree, 100 friends take how many minutes to send to?

It would be nice to have a button, send to all njubs.(cause I am a lazy person)
I just can't imagine sending over 100 players each day, each world unless the stated button existed.
Or another workaround like limiting the max number of people you can send to each day to 100 (or less pls)

Deleted User - 3853873

while they fix the limit if they ever do i would really like them to fix it so i could click as fast as my fingers will allow when sending my friends thier flowers or what not without having to turn back time because i did it to fast please.

Harsha..

Every event this is what my friend requests look like

http://prntscr.com/ne5cdw

Removing the cap is perfectly a good idea. Some were concerned that people with a lot of friends might get more event currency. There's a possible solution - change the system to a percentage based one.

Basically, if you have 170 friends, and you send currency to all 170 on a day, you get 500 event currency, same as you would get if you had 100. If out from the 170, only 140 people sent event currency to you, then you would get

140/170 * 2000 = 1650

where 2000 is the maximum event currency someone can get from people a day. Some people could choose to go by the efficient approach, having 100 perfect senders. Others who want to keep friends can add more and more. They will get less, but get to keep their friends and the new players get spots they need.

To deal with the problem of server overload, it could be stipulated that you can send event currency to only 100 people every 12 hours. After you send to 100, you need to wait until you can send to the remaining on your list.

DeletedUser33353

With the lack of QA, do you even think that would happen bug free if at all? Good luck though.

asdf124

Every event this is what my friend requests look like

http://prntscr.com/ne5cdw

Removing the cap is perfectly a good idea. Some were concerned that people with a lot of friends might get more event currency. There's a possible solution - change the system to a percentage based one.

Basically, if you have 170 friends, and you send currency to all 170 on a day, you get 500 event currency, same as you would get if you had 100. If out from the 170, only 140 people sent event currency to you, then you would get

140/170 * 2000 = 1650

where 2000 is the maximum event currency someone can get from people a day. Some people could choose to go by the efficient approach, having 100 perfect senders. Others who want to keep friends can add more and more. They will get less, but get to keep their friends and the new players get spots they need.

To deal with the problem of server overload, it could be stipulated that you can send event currency to only 100 people every 12 hours. After you send to 100, you need to wait until you can send to the remaining on your list.
disagree, remove cap and let those peeps who have time to just click away.

Harsha..

disagree, remove cap and let those peeps who have time to just click away.
The reason the cap exists in the first place is because the devs probably didn't want those people who have too many friends get a disproportionate amount of event currency. Otherwise, there won't be a cap in the first place.

Any idea that relates to the removal of the cap needs to take this into account or it'll just be rejected.

asdf124

The reason the cap exists in the first place is because the devs probably didn't want those people who have too many friends get a disproportionate amount of event currency. Otherwise, there won't be a cap in the first place.

Any idea that relates to the removal of the cap needs to take this into account or it'll just be rejected.
With all the premium gear, even if you remove the cap. Don't think free will likely have a high chance to challenge those who pay.

Maybe they might get more income out of it. Although, more activity is better than anything really.

HelenBack

*BUMP!!!* Still an issue... Hint hint!!! :cooln:

Edit:
Adding to details:

If Inno is concerned that removing the limit or increasing the limit may create an imbalance because older players would have a lot more friends than new players, they could limit the number of event currency allowed per day to 100. However, once those older players are able to add the newer players, they may likely be past the 100 limit anyways. ;)

Bad Billy Jack

Perhaps Inno's FoE could be considered. You are maxed with sending only up to 80 friend invites. However, you can accept up to 140 friends. Once you reach 80 you can no longer send friend invites.

These additional 60 friends tend to be newer players, since older players have reached the 80 max and can no longer send invites.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

I don't see any a reason to limit your friends list at all if that was implemented. I've always tried to use my friends list for actual friends not for event spam, I like the suggestion of simply limiting to sending event currency to 100 of them and letting us add as many people as we like.

Ranger-Schwartz

YES! YES! Does facebook, twitter or instagram limit your friends? No way. Good reason too. Its smart promotion of their own product and keeps everyone linked. I have about 90 folks i'd love to friend in addition to my 100. Helen--EXCELLENT idea