Gear at Job Start question

Protasov

I noticed something that seemed awkward to me, so I'd thought I'd ask if this is working as intended. I was under the impression that the clothing you wore when you actually started the job remained in effect for the entirety of that job. Meaning, you put on gear for a particular job, start it, then change gear for another job, queue that job up, etc.

Does that only apply to Labor Points for that job, not set bonuses?

I ask because I almost always wear the American set when doing jobs, due to the tremendous product drop rate increase. However, if I remove those clothes prior to the job ending, then I don't get the bonus, even if I had those clothes on when I started the job.

If that is the case, then the best course of action would be to start each job with the maximum Labor Points value, and when all the various jobs are queued up, put on the American set so that you get the additional product drop rate for each of them.

(and I don't care at this point about having my best dueling gear on, in fact, I enjoy the occasional KO which gives me a couple days of hassle free working).

DeletedUser33353

If that is the case, then the best course of action would be to start each job with the maximum Labor Points value, and when all the various jobs are queued up, put on the American set so that you get the additional product drop rate for each of them.

You have the gist of it. Happy farming.

Pankreas PorFavor

it's like that for ages.
1) put on best gear for job
2) queue job(s)
3) put on gear for bonus (money, product drop, luck, xp...)

DeletedUser38993

You can start equipping speed set to travel to the destination of said job
Equip best gear and queue 1h and cancel the first 15second you queued with the speed set
Equip bonus set you desire.

Tucker Blue

1. Equip Best Gear For Job.
2. Queue Job.
3. Change as many clothes as you like DURING job(travel NOT included) but make sure you have Best Gear back on to complete job.

That is the safest way to make sure you get all bonuses.

ONCE YOU HAVE THAT DOWN: you can use speed set to travel but you MUST equip Job Set AND refresh browser BEFORE you arrive at job to avoid any glitchy type stuff. (cancelling 15s job as Stinky Pete mentioned is kinda the same thing but i trust a full browser refresh more)

Pankreas PorFavor

1. Equip Best Gear For Job.
2. Queue Job.
3. Change as many clothes as you like DURING job(travel NOT included) but make sure you have Best Gear back on to complete job.

That is the safest way to make sure you get all bonuses.

that is completely wrong. if "Best Gear" in step #1 is the same as "Best Gear" in step #3, then you get no bonuses at all. it only means you have the most labor points at the start and at the end of the job. if you want bonuses for luck, experience, money - that is what you should wear at the end of the job. and you can test it very easily. put on your best gear for the job (preferably this gear gives no money or xp bonus), queue a couple 15 sec jobs. first 15 sec in the same best gear, next 15 sec with your xp bonus set, next 15 sec with your money bonus set. compare the results. or, do the same with 1h jobs, queue the jobs, end the first hour in the best clothes for the job and the second one in American set. compare the number of products you got.
1. Labor points when you queue the job.
2. Bonus clothes when the job ends.
That's the way to get the best out of each job. Equipping the same gear at the end of the job makes no sense.

ONCE YOU HAVE THAT DOWN: you can use speed set to travel but you MUST equip Job Set AND refresh browser BEFORE you arrive at job to avoid any glitchy type stuff. (cancelling 15s job as Stinky Pete mentioned is kinda the same thing but i trust a full browser refresh more)

full browser refresh? what do you use to play The West, a toaster?! I never had to refresh anything. speed clothes, queue (any) job at the location, change to job gear, queue more jobs and cancel the one you used for travel. never had any problems.