Resolved A Question Regarding Founding Towns

DeletedUser

Hello once again my good fellow frontiersmen! I just wanted to ask the question, "Why do the people who click "Found Town" button, even if they are miles away from said location, get first dibs on said town?" I find this rather peeving as even if you are in the location first, you still do not receive the opportunity to found a town in that location. This has bothered me for quite some time now, and I just wanted to ask if the forums if their is any logical reason for this.

Yours truly,

Purge of Peace.

DeletedUser

You've had this issue come up more than once? I always thought it was always who finished first that mattered.

DeletedUser

Nope, if two people found a town, one person is 10 hours away from said town, and if he clicks the "Found Town" button first, then no matter how close you are it's disregarded.

DeletedUser

When a player clicks on the found town button, the game consumes cash and energy, no matter where they are. They begin travel and when they get there begin working on it. Because the game consumes the cash and energy when the player A schedules the action, not when he finishes the travel, any other player cannot interrupt it, no matter how far the player A is. This is the logic of it. It would be a different situation if you could only schedule founding the town once you get there. But that is not the case. It is not fair for the traveler to have his action canceled by another player.

DeletedUser

Thank you very much Duduie for such a concise answer, it answers my question fully.
But, I still think this should be changed, as this provides an illogical system for claiming towns ETC. It should be first come first serve in my opinion.

DeletedUser

If you want to propose an idea or change, you need to do so in ideas and brainfarts and use the proper form to post your idea. If an idea is positively voted by the players, it will be passed on to the developers. Make sure to search and read first, to make sure nobody else proposed this already.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think I shall in the near future, like I've said.

Thank you once again.

DeletedUser39074

Are founding towns the same as ghost towns? Trying to get an accurate count of founding towns and ghost towns. Thank you and God Bless!!

asdf124

Are founding towns the same as ghost towns? Trying to get an accurate count of founding towns and ghost towns. Thank you and God Bless!!
I can't help you with this one. YOu need to figure it out on your own. Would let you know after the competition results.

underline is added

Al35ul

No, they're different,ghost towns are towns that were started by players then left, resulting in them becoming ghost towns. Founding towns are mod towns ,with no members, but they allow players to use all the buildings available.

Use that and find out the answer to the question.
Good luck!