Chef Weapon Set

DeletedUser26820

It will be interesting to see how Inno's business model plays out over the next 2 years.
From a income generation perspective, Tombola's were a good idea. They didn't destroy the "free to play" players, as some of those that spend nuggets will hand off gear to "free to play" players at a "fair" amount. Veteran toons and individual towns try to take care of that as best they can.

But with each new Tombola, to maintain or increase Inno income, the items offered HAVE to supersede those previously offered.
If Inno were to come out with a Tombola that offered gear of +1ap and +1sp, regardless of toon level, NO ONE would spend nuggets on that stuff. There's better in the shops. Inno's business model has dictated that each new Tombola release have gear that is better than the previous ones.
This widens the gap between nugget spenders and "free to play" players. Both categories of toons are needed, but with an increasing and disparaging gap between the categories of players, it's going to hard to keep "free to play" players in the game.

Thereby, as Inno has already created a trend of increasing bonus gear with each new Tombola to maintain an income with each new Tombola, they can't turn back now.

So don't fret the Chef's set. Inno's business model has shown us they're mandated to come out with something better in the near future.
Maybe they'll make Chef's set auctionable.
I'm "all in" for paying twice the price to "down grade" gear as it took to "upgrade" gear so some of us vet toons can get some previously upgraded gear, now worthless, back into circulation on a server to assist other toons.
If I paid $12k to upgrade 3 singles of xxxx gear to L1, I'd consider paying $24k to downgrade it to 3 singles to get my now useless L1 into use with other toons in the community and on the server. Is that even being considered??

But fret the Chef's set if and when the level cap is raised to 160 or 175......

PS: I only own of the Chef's set what was offered by the quest. No nuggets spent on this one. Waiting for the next one ;)

DeletedUser37818

I can understand that Inno has to generate an income to support the game, but was it really necessary to allow these new weapons to be upgraded ?

I mean come on....giving the " pay to win " players an advantage over the players who would like to enjoy the game on an equal playing field is insulting enough - but to take it one step further and allow these new weapons to be upgraded to total devastation status is DISGUSTING imo.

Nothing more enjoyable than playing a game where strategy and challenge are no longer required right ? Just buy some nuggets and pay your way to the top !

You know how the saying goes : " If at first you dont succeed - buy, buy, buy again "

( if you listen closely, you will hear...... nothing - that is the sound of all the people who left the game in disgust )

DeletedUser38679

I agree with most before me, this new set is just simply stupid. Unbalances the game like hell, but than again, i know Inno must earn their $$$. But the way the started doing it ? Huh, where does it end, @ 100.000 damage / shoot ? How much energy will we have with new sets ? Also sets giving labor points are making this game too easy i think and there'll have to be new and new and new, until this game will die (which will be soon if something urgent doesn't change)

For this change i think system of The West must be changed, from total 100% grinding game, to implementing an end game ! This way new servers would be starting, where people would need regular clothing already available, no need for some "idiotic" new weapons etc., so we'd make players happy and Inno happy. So end game huh ? How do i imagine this ? Well let's say like this alliances must build one of the historical forts from "The West", let's say after 18 months (add/take away few months), 5 such forts spam on map, they're big, huge, so alliance needs to build it 1st and than deffend it in the end or something like that. This way all 4 characters would be brought into end game, workers for building this last fort, adventurers for bringing in resources needed, duelers killing/deffending workers and soldiers attacking/deffending forts. After fort'd be built to it's maximum we'd get Winners of server and server would close, and new server would start few days later !

Well it's an idea, but doubt something like that would be implemented anyway.

DeletedUser29786

regards to the unfairness of the new prices , a new chef rifle i think went for 300 nugs, to level that to level 3 as some folks have done is roughly 11700 nuggets so for an American player that's in the range of 230 dollars for a European player its 196- (say 200) euros. for myself in Australia that's 313 dollars or more and even more for New Zealand players 346. now this is just for this one weapon that totally makes the FF unfair, I'm a dueler myself and i am seeing my tanks get obliterated by this weapon in 3 rounds. they don't want to play anymore, why would they? not only is this ridiculous amount of money being asked for these unfair weapons but depending on where we live in the world it becomes totally unrealistic to continue paying for these sets. I could go on about this aspect for a long time but I hope you do get the point being made. I understand the game is a business, I am not asking for totally free stuff, but please get so sort of balance and fair prices for this stuff at least

regards Gus

boot

i posted on this in beta already, and i have spent my share of nuggets also. agree inno needs money to survive but when does the madness end? I truly hope we can keep the players w/o money in this game or i believe it will slowly die, maybe even fast. this is not the first rodeo i been in that went kaput, just my 2 cents

DeletedUser39047

I do agree about the cost, and how can someone spend that kind of cash when most of us are poor working people... to up grade that much and some spent over 500 dollars? WOW Blows my mind.. Set should be set at a lower cost so its more affordable to all players and make the worlds more balanced.. yes innov needs the cash to play its employees and their hard work, but to really set a gear so hing in value that only few can pay for it? Seems if price was lower more might have spent some cash.

My 2 cents
Drgon
*SF*

DeletedUser38679

I do agree about the cost, and how can someone spend that kind of cash when most of us are poor working people... to up grade that much and some spent over 500 dollars? WOW Blows my mind.. Set should be set at a lower cost so its more affordable to all players and make the worlds more balanced.. yes innov needs the cash to play its employees and their hard work, but to really set a gear so hing in value that only few can pay for it? Seems if price was lower more might have spent some cash.

My 2 cents
Drgon
*SF*
Exactly, prices went too high in games, not only here, but overall ! I used to spend ALOT of money on games like this, now i've bugget of 20$/month, not that i couldn't afford more, or it'd hurt me in any other way if i spent more, even if i'd buy ^3 chief weapons it wouldn't do anything to my overall budget, but i just won't do it anymore, pay 500$ just for some ingame weapon, which will get obsolete in few months, and i'll have to pay another 500$ to buy that weapon etc etc ... NO THANK YOU !

Pankreas PorFavor

lower prices would mean that the players who spent $300 for level 2 or 3 weapons would spend the same (or less?) for level 5, players that didn't upgrade now would upgrade to level 2-3, some free players would maybe buy a single weapon (set) if they saved some free nuggets, and others wouldn't buy them even then.
lower prices would not have a good effect at all, in my opinion, other than the fact we would have an even bigger gap between those who pay (even higher, level 5 upgrades, and larger number of level 2 or 3 than now!?!) and those who don't pay (no chef's weapon at all).

you can find posts about this game being dead or dying that are 5 years old or even older. and that was when the number of players was huge compared to the state of things today. Inno doesn't care about non-premium players. what started as a free for all game, two times best browser game of the year is now something completely different. the gap is too big, there's no advertising, there's no new players, there's nothing there for Inno that would justify keeping the game alive other than constant addition of new items that can only be bought with real money. once we stop buying those, servers will be turned off and the game will be gone. I thought that this day is in the near future, but after seeing so many chef's items out there, so much money spent on upgrades - I am not so convinced anymore...

asdf124

regards to the unfairness of the new prices , a new chef rifle i think went for 300 nugs, to level that to level 3 as some folks have done is roughly 11700 nuggets so for an American player that's in the range of 230 dollars for a European player its 196- (say 200) euros. for myself in Australia that's 313 dollars or more and even more for New Zealand players 346. now this is just for this one weapon that totally makes the FF unfair, I'm a dueler myself and i am seeing my tanks get obliterated by this weapon in 3 rounds. they don't want to play anymore, why would they? not only is this ridiculous amount of money being asked for these unfair weapons but depending on where we live in the world it becomes totally unrealistic to continue paying for these sets. I could go on about this aspect for a long time but I hope you do get the point being made. I understand the game is a business, I am not asking for totally free stuff, but please get so sort of balance and fair prices for this stuff at least

regards Gus
Level 3 rifle is 8100 alone. Weapon is 300 more. If you buy nuggets on sale, that is 6800 for 80 USD (70% sale)

I won’t argue about the price. Just wish more progress into game development would happen.
I know innogames needs to profit a lot for their shareholders etc. just hope there is more into getting a better way to reach more players, and development of the game.

I don’t know how you got your math. It certainly can be cheaper.

DeletedUser29786

Level 3 rifle is 8100 alone. Weapon is 300 more. If you buy nuggets on sale, that is 6800 for 80 USD (70% sale)

I won’t argue about the price. Just wish more progress into game development would happen.
I know innogames needs to profit a lot for their shareholders etc. just hope there is more into getting a better way to reach more players, and development of the game.

I don’t know how you got your math. It certainly can be cheaper.

300 for chef gun, so 900 to gets to level 1 plus 2700 to level 2 plus 8100 to level 3. add that to get 11700
4000 nuggets cost 80 american dollars, my maths are not that far off give or take a few dollars

bosurker

While it seems that Inno's current business model is effective for making quick money, but ineffective for the overall health of the game - I'd like to ask. Would players prefer to see a world without Tombollas and "Nugget Only" specials be ran via subscription through a monthly fee (Let's say $8 USD). Players on this server would have all the "VIP" bonuses active since the world is subscription based. How many of you would seriously consider paying to play on that server?

Essentially a Pay-to-Enter world with the sense of classic game design - however retaining current features of the game such as upgrades. Premium Store would retain it's worth via existing Chests giving the Named Collector items.

Pankreas PorFavor

How many of you would seriously consider paying to play on that server?

Essentially a Pay-to-Enter world with the sense of classic game design - however retaining current features of the game such as upgrades. Premium Store would retain it's worth via existing Chests giving the Named Collector items.

Personally, I would never start from level 1 again. If there was a server like that where I could migrate my existing character - I'd go for it.

bosurker

Personally, I would never start from level 1 again. If there was a server like that where I could migrate my existing character - I'd go for it.

That would be convenient, but in order for such a server to work the existing Premium & Tombolla gear would need to be removed from inventories of players entering. That'd be a bit of a headache, and I reckon the "New Server" appeal would be dampened a bit if players who didn't transfer were put at a huge disadvantage to those who did. If you were hypothetically able to migrate to that server at a later date, would you still consider it with the Paid Subscription being paired to it?

DeletedUser38679

While it seems that Inno's current business model is effective for making quick money, but ineffective for the overall health of the game - I'd like to ask. Would players prefer to see a world without Tombollas and "Nugget Only" specials be ran via subscription through a monthly fee (Let's say $8 USD). Players on this server would have all the "VIP" bonuses active since the world is subscription based. How many of you would seriously consider paying to play on that server?

I'd pay subscription if there'd ne no tombolas, or any premium gear on that server ! Only regular gear and sets that's it !

Pankreas PorFavor

A world where player A can get an item now by using nuggets, and player B can get the same item with a week or two or ten (whatever) of jobs, quests, FFs, adventures, duels, but without spending real money = a world I would play AND pay a reasonable subscription fee to do so.
And it doesn't have to get any items excluded from that server or make it tombola-free or whatever. it's basically the same game we have today, but instead having items like chef's weapons available for nuggets only, we'd be able to get them through other means too - whether they involve some luck or time spent on different in-game activities, that's for Innogames to decide. it just has to be have realistic odds (not something like 0.01% chance to get one item on the county fair that's available 6 or 7 weeks per year).
if they made a quest where we got the chef's cookbook, there could also be a (long, complex, interesting) questline to get other items from the set.
in my opinion, that would still give the advantage to those who spend more, but the gap wouldn't be so wide, and Inno would still profit. I'm sure there are a lot of details to be worked out, but it's a direction that I would like this game to take. naive, eh..?

DeletedUser38574

And it doesn't have to get any items excluded from that server or make it tombola-free or whatever. it's basically the same game we have today, but instead having items like chef's weapons available for nuggets only, we'd be able to get them through other means too - whether they involve some luck or time spent on different in-game activities, that's for Innogames to decide. it just has to be have realistic odds (not something like 0.01% chance to get one item on the county fair that's available 6 or 7 weeks per year).
if they made a quest where we got the chef's cookbook, there could also be a (long, complex, interesting) questline to get other items from the set.

Thats is a good idead i think.. :)

Apelatia

@Pankreas PorFavor That's not a naive thought at all in my opinion. In fact, it's sort of happened with the Summer set items that we can collect from the willow baskets during the current event. Albeit that set was first released into the game ages ago, and with your idea (which I personally think is better for the balance of the game) would see things released sooner in a form attainable by doing something other than using premium. I myself don't often get worked up about OP new additions to the game, but seeing the amount of players riled up by this latest set has really made me look at it from a less laid-back point of view.

It's definitely ridiculous what has been done with this latest set. No getting around that. I'd think that even the players benefiting from the use of the chef set would probably be able to agree that it's stupidly OP. A change would be nice. ^^

DeletedUser37791

I totally agree with Bosurker....more than that the gap between the introduction of new sets seems to be shrinking fast as well. Garret and Amish is a fine example...both sets doing pretty much the same thing..but garrets being replaced by amish after a few months.

If the non-nuggeters leave (and those who spend some but not loads) then the game will collapse. It is now a constant bombardment of new stuff..and it is taking the fun out of it. It is a game and as such should provide cheap entertainment, not bankrupt you or feel like you are wasting your time playing it.