adventures and spirit of gaming

DeletedUser26820

If Inno and the Game Team really wanted more toons playing Adventures, there are some simple remedies:

First, stop having Adventures consume buffs. A lot of us don't attend because we have an Ammu Slide or Westerner equipped for the next FF. An Adventure consumes one of their uses. Stop having Adventures consume those uses, you'd have a few more showing up. If this applies to every participant equally, maybe every participant to Adventures would start showing up buffed and there would be more showing up.

Second, if you sit in the Adventure que for say, 30 minutes, waiting for one to start and you do not move onto the Adventure Saloon to start one, you get credited for a win and attendance for daily tasks, and are awarded 250 vp's. At least, then, that 30 minutes was not spent in naught. Some will say that there will be those that will abuse this by signing up, getting us from the Adventure que into the Adventure Saloon, and then dropping out there, thereby resetting our Adventure que timer back to zero. Ok. There's always a peckerhead everywhere. Can't fix that. At least this is an attempt to remedy & reward those that are attempting to attend one.

Some are going to say that Adventures not consuming buffs is not the way the game is played. NPC duels consume a dueling buff, they will argue.
Ok. Comparing NPC duels, which is an NPC dynamic, to Adventures, which is a multi-player dynamic, is like comparing a Kia to a Cadillac.

Oh, it's going to take Inno having to reprogram Adventures to not consume buffs. OK. If Inno really wants more toons playing Adventures, they will. If they don't, they send the message that they're fine with how Adventures are going and that what we have is the product they're offering. That would be unfortunate, but in the end, it's their game.

asdf124

Oh, it's going to take Inno having to reprogram Adventures to not consume buffs. OK. If Inno really wants more toons playing Adventures, they will. If they don't, they send the message that they're fine with how Adventures are going and that what we have is the product they're offering. That would be unfortunate, but in the end, it's their game.
I am against changing anything in regards to the formula of adventures, reason being is that. It will be a huge headache for everyone and not just inno.

Oh, you see that wright plane set? That might change or simply stay and become obsolete in adventures!

Why? If they change the way the formula works and have a new factor instead. That would also mean that factor changes for every related set, item or product.

Just go old school and use a bayonet, I have been free off ammu slides or westerners for quite some time.

You can also suggest to change the attack/defense bonus to be either a fort battle sector bonus, however that would make your ff life "harder" as it would take the best sector bonus and not sure if it adds to the other bonuses of that kind or not.

DeletedUser26820

You're welcome to your opinion against changing anything in regards to the formula of adventures. I'll agree with you there. Nothing at all should be changed about the formula of adventures. That's why your post is off base, target and makes no sense in regards to my suggestions.

I have not proposed or made any suggestions to changing adventure formulas.
If a toon can come yesterday, today and tomorrow to an adventure with a multi-player buff equipped, there's not a single thing that changes in the adventure formulas.

Instead, I proposed a few suggestions to increase player participation in adventures.

Every toon is welcome and free to equip a multi-player dynamic buff to an adventure, such as an Ammu Slide or a Westerner or a bayonet or whatever.
That's the way it is now and has been. Don't change that. But if an adventure did not consume that buff or one of it's uses, and applied equally to everyone, nothing has changed about the formula of adventures.

Instead, maybe a small percentage of the overall game population, that says, "Oh, I want to attend an adventure today for the daily tasks, but won't because I still have 3 uses on this ammu slide, one will get consumed by a quit in the saloon, another will be used up because the 3rd on my team will quit or won't do anything, thereby, I'm down to one use left on ammu slide. Do I use it for tomorrow's FF or do I risk it again at another adventure attempt?"

Now maybe only 200 toons out of the entire gaming population asks that question, but I do, so there's at least one.
And if I do, someone else does also, so we're up to 2.

Want to speed up adventures starting and get more toons to participate, look for ways to get toons to them instead of crapping on those that show up with legit suggestions.

You make me laugh when you say that suggestions to accomplish this would be a huge headache to everyone.
You make me laugh when you bring up the Wright's set. What does the Wright's set have to do with getting more toons to attend adventures? That's like blaming the Mexican set for encouraging toons to NOT attend adventures.

We look forward to your next off target rant regarding this specific post. Maybe you'll try to convince us that this suggestion would wreck NPC duels that consume dueling buffs and cause a headache to everyone and not just Inno. LOL.

DeletedUser30399

Any news about doing some changes for outlaw gear due to it's serious under power / low performance for items which can be found only with low percent drop from loot which also is dropping on only 1 place with questionable rate ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Harsha..

Being an older player who has recently returned, I was throughly shocked at the toxicity. It really threw up an uglier side of the game I didn't know existed before. I guess it all boils down to the team dynamic - strangers have to play alongside strangers and misunderstandings can and will happen in this scenario. Although, in the public beta, I've noticed that it is possible to make "gangs" where your friends play with you. That would definitely make things better. But, again, powerful players can group themselves together in the same gang and win almost all matches.

In my first adventures many people accused me of walking into it without reading the wiki. I did read it - but theoretical knowledge doesn't equate to practical knowledge. There are things you learn only by doing them over and over again and you certainly can't learn them by reading from a book. Now, I've got a fairly good grasp - I do learn fast - but, being away for a while means I don't have the ideal gear to win (best gun I had was the precise winchester :D). Again, the older players already in accused me of not coming properly equipped. This throws up a problem - the established players are already strong, in terms of knowledge and firepower while the newcomers aren't and this mismatch is what causes most of the problems we see today. The devs should put in place some sort of tutorial, where a new player takes part in adventures alongside a bunch of NPCs, kind of how many of us learnt counter strike by playing against bots. The NPCs dont have to be very smart, just to move around and for players to get target practice.

Banning the repeat rage-quitters and disrespectful individuals, automatically for a time period - say a week from taking part in all adventures will definitely act as a deterrent to the toxicity.

DeletedUser38507

Any news about doing some changes for outlaw gear due to it's serious under power / low performance for items which can be found only with low percent drop from loot which also is dropping on only 1 place with questionable rate ???
The gear that you can only get playing adventures is basically useless for adventures at this point. I've got level 2-3 outlaw and the stats don't keep up to 1/2 the gear out there. Please Inno, make outlaw gear less useless.

DeletedUser38507

Personally, I've been playing with a report player window open to copy / paste in the script of reporting players who queue only to not play to win. As fun as it is playing with questers who just queue to sit in the spawn area or actively avoid bases like they are allergic to points, it gets old fast.

DeletedUser37157

I really wished that INNO would not do Quests that make you do Adventures, I stay away from them as much as I can and get mad when I have to join them because of quests, I just find rudeness and lame behavior from the players that normally are regulars.

asdf124

I really wished that INNO would not do Quests that make you do Adventures, I stay away from them as much as I can and get mad when I have to join them because of quests, I just find rudeness and lame behavior from the players that normally are regulars.
You gotta understand where they are coming from though, it isn't actually that complex of a game, however, peeps still have a hard time to do it. The last quest had 3 options to do and one was to adventure.

I made a specific guide which I say I keep trying to improve. Only problem I have is lack of feedback from players themselves on how to improve it or even if there is any complexities with it.

Maybe not many read it, maybe not many join the forums here, but I still appreciate any feedback.

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/adventure-guide.56998/

Last edited:

Harsha..

Hi all!
really good to hear from asdf. I need to learn this to do adv well

In my first few adventures I distinctly recall playing with you on my team...first one you disconnected just as we were about to take the mill and second one, you didn't move at all from the very first round, dooming the other guy and me to losing. I would really like to know why you rage quit so much.

DeletedUser25707

The last quest had 3 options to do and one was to adventure.
And I gladly took the option which was not an adventure... sadly, that is not always the case and there are quite a few (too many in my opinion) quests which force me to play adventures. At least I can't think of a quest that force me to actually win an adventure... if one of those ever came, that will be a quest I never complete.