Player activity in The West

DeletedUser38894

Hi all,

I used to play The West several years ago, but just discovered it again and wanted to get back into it.

Are there servers up still that are active with many players on at the same time? I want to be sure I join a community with others around, naturally.

Thanks,
Talaysen

Pankreas PorFavor

Depends what you consider many. In my experience, saloon chat is rarely full, and it can take up to 150 people. But it happens... As far as I know, Arizona and Colorado are the most active worlds. If you remember the time before version 2.0, then you will see that the activity has declined significantly. That shouldn't stop you from trying to play for a few days and see for yourself ;)

DeletedUser38894

Depends what you consider many. In my experience, saloon chat is rarely full, and it can take up to 150 people. But it happens... As far as I know, Arizona and Colorado are the most active worlds. If you remember the time before version 2.0, then you will see that the activity has declined significantly. That shouldn't stop you from trying to play for a few days and see for yourself ;)

Thanks, will do for sure. The depends part is really according to the game... if I see two people every week, that's not 'many', naturally. It's the baseline for the game that would be expected when logging in and playing. A wide range can be considered, but at some point you get so low that it doesn't feel like anyone is on. That's what I didn't want to experience.

I'm on Colorado, see you all there!

DeletedUser37529

Hello, I read your post, and I have really considered the amount of active players several times, I have in the past played on Colorado, Fairbanks, Galveston, Houston, and did a brief stint on both Briscoe and El D, but I resolved due to personal reasons of health and activity to just remain on what I consider my home world Dakota. Dakota actually prospered some from the past migration. We have had a few fort battles every few days, and the one sided alliance situation has started to resolve. I do feel that all the tombolas in the world will not gain more people, and those that remain are die hard Westerners. I do think that bringing all the players on every world to a combination of a few worlds would serve this game much better. And reduce the tombolas and new gear to just a few times a year. It would benefit both the west game itself, it would help new players perhaps join. And finally, Inno needs to advertise this game, it is the best one they have.

good journey to you

E

Pankreas PorFavor

Thanks, will do for sure. The depends part is really according to the game... if I see two people every week, that's not 'many', naturally. It's the baseline for the game that would be expected when logging in and playing. A wide range can be considered, but at some point you get so low that it doesn't feel like anyone is on. That's what I didn't want to experience.

I'm on Colorado, see you all there!

one other indicator you may use to make a decision - go to westforts.com and check the fort battle stats. Arizona has medium and large battles practically every day, similar to CO. though, a quick look to the first page shows that there are more players joining battles in AZ. I didn't look at other worlds.
and even though FFs are not the only thing in The West, it is a good indicator of activity, the number of players in a world etc.

DeletedUser26820

Good posts, N o X and Pank, to try to assist Talaysen.

But maybe, as Tala's inquiry was to "I want to be sure I join a community with others around, naturally.", without knowing his/her time zone, definition of "around", and whatnot, makes it dang near impossible to suggest.

What's most important, Tala? Players online as the same time as you? Why are you logging in today and what will keep you logging in tomorrow?
Hard to boil that down to a server and then to town definition.
7 active toons in the same town on a crappy server might be a better "community" than 2500 toons on another server.

You're thinking correctly, as being surrounded by active players promotes activity, but if you want to start at the toon level but start at the server of choice level, you have about maybe, I'm guessing, 600+ options between AZ, Briscoe, CO, Dakota, El Dorado, Fairbanks, Galveston, Houston, and Kansas when Inno gets us there.

DeletedUser38817

Depends what time of activity you are looking for is it FF activity, dueling activity or just general chat in town/alliance chats? I've been in worlds where there are thousands of people and no activity and also on "dead" servers with decent activity in certain towns so it depends what you define as activity. As far as I know Colorado, Arizona and maybe Houston to an extent are quite active now and I'm not sure about the other servers.