World 1 Closing :(

1Big Chief

Ok.. So Now Classic World 1 is Closing... WITHOUT Consulting Players ?

Da Twist//INNO... You Do Realize that your Plight to Close Small Worlds... Least a Classic one.. to Fill Newer Worlds... will Not Help The West @ ALL !!
I for One.. with many Others... Cherish World 1... and I would Rather Die There & Leave the Game.. than Go to Any Other World you People think Needs more Players

Maybe it Doesn't make Economic Sense to Keep a Server Running for a World with Die Hard Players.. tho in Low Numbers
But None-the-Less... these Players.. including Myself Spend $$$ on Nuggets there... but couldn't care spending it Else Where

So .. in Short... Good Luck to INNO for Closing our Classic World... so I will Delete my Account on Arizona, Colorado, Dakota & El Dorado.. and trust me... I am not the Only One.

yOp3a2aWQc_4XqUF-ITdHw.png

On a Final Note.. It was Nice Knowing so Many of You
All the Best. God Bless

DeletedUser33353

It was fun Chief, hope you succeed in your future endeavors.

DeletedUser38817

Damn, had most of my best memories in World 1 and it's sad to see the world close down but it is what it is and the decision has already been made. From an economic standpoint why keep a server running with 100 active players when you can make a lot more money from newer worlds where players are caught in a rat race to force their way to the top. Tbh Dakota and El Dorado and kinda dead so Idk if migrating players from World 1 to those worlds will make any/much difference to activity but anyway all the best Chief in rl.

DeletedUser22685

I'm sure it is a sad day for those to whom World 1 holds sentimental value as their first world, but the unfortunate fact is that it has been dead for a very long time now. I played World 1 for many years and still felt that it should have been shut down last time worlds were closing, since its activity was more or less on par with those worlds that were deleted.

It's probably too late to save the game at this point, and I'm willing to bet that cutting costs is the sole motivation for world closures this time around rather than any noble attempt at increasing activity, but the fact is that World 1 only opened two weeks before World 2 and a month before World 3. That's not enough to justify it receiving any special treatment, so if anything the World 1 die-hards should consider themselves lucky that it was allowed to remain open this long past its expiration date. It upsets me that things have reached this point as well, but you should have seen it coming.

Reyne

Can anyone tell me what worlds we will be allowed to migrate to? I don't want to move this character from world 1 only to find out the world I move it to is closing down as well. Besides World 1, I play on Arizona, Colorado, and Dakota. Are any others open for migration that won't be closing?

I hate to see The West close as a whole because it seems to be the only one of its genre. The only other game I play besides The West is Elvinar, but even it doesn't hold a candle in my heart the way The West does.

Al35ul

Can anyone tell me what worlds we will be allowed to migrate to? I don't want to move this character from world 1 only to find out the world I move it to is closing down as well. Besides World 1, I play on Arizona, Colorado, and Dakota. Are any others open for migration that won't be closing?

I hate to see The West close as a whole because it seems to be the only one of its genre. The only other game I play besides The West is Elvinar, but even it doesn't hold a candle in my heart the way The West does.

You are currently able to migrate your character from one of the closing worlds to either El Dorado, Dakota or Fairbank :).

Last edited:

Al35ul

Those choices are.......meh.

I agree, both Dakota and Dorado are utterly dead or dying (correct me if I'm wrong, haven't played there in a long while). Since what I do the most is dueling, I'll touch on that and say that duelers migrating from w1/10/11/12 with a DL in the high 300s (and above) will have little to no opponents and consequently, they'll be forced to do something else. But hold on, ''something else''? Fort fighting is dead on Dakota and Dorado (not sure about Fairbank but the rumors I've heard aren't very good) so the only options I see fit is either picking up a hammer and a nail and start building towns or grabbing lady Luck by the hand and start farming LTO. I personally hate to see W10/1being deleted since they were both my favorite worlds in the past but as Futu said, this was inevitable.

RIP World 1
RIP World 10

Last edited:

DeletedUser38817

You are correct there AL, Eldorado and Dakota are pretty dead both in the duel and FF scene although Dakota is just slightly better than Eldo in everything.

DeletedUser24736

for those of us who were here before most of the new features like fort fights, world one was home. its rather disheartening, but was eventually going to happen. i do agree with chief that it could have been handled far better, but, i've come to expect "we tell you, not ask you" from publishers developers and technical teams across many things i enjoy participating in.

if only the old timers had been given the choice to establish this world or another as a legacy server or landmark it, that would have been a good gesture on inno's part. just saying.

The only other GOOD western games i know of are console or big budget, like red dead (won't finish that title to adhere to any possible rules)...you know what i mean, if there's any really good western games, you can bet cold cash they aren't coming from small fry companies or in 2D

as games on the low end go, The-West is about as good as it gets. i haven't found any better.

What i WOULD like to see, is something to signify that world one existed, and that some players have been there a long time, i.e. special title, avatar items, flavor/cosmetic gear item (no stats other than pointing out you're a world one veteran). if there were any stats on a full cos outfit, they'd be insignificant, and purely for show. we might even consider a small icon by names, pics, duel windows, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

What i WOULD like to see, is something to signify that world one existed, and that some players have been there a long time, i.e. special title, avatar items, flavor/cosmetic gear item (no stats other than pointing out you're a world one veteran). if there were any stats on a full cos outfit, they'd be insignificant, and purely for show. we might even consider a small icon by names, pics, duel windows, etc.
What about the people who still play characters that were originally created on World 2, or World 3 or even 4 or 5, all of which were also opened in 2008? Players from those worlds weren't given the ability to play for 9 years on a single world, since their worlds were closed years ago. I don't see why there should be a reward for choosing to stick around on one dead world over another, and World 1 has already been given enough preferential treatment. If anything, we all deserve some kind of recognition for still logging into The West in 2017.

The fact that the current worlds are numbered 11 through 21 already signifies that World 1 existed, along with worlds 2-10.

DeletedUser38817

At this point in time Inno are just milking every last drop of money before they shut down all the worlds and eventually close the game down. I've seen it happen to other games and it's just a matter of time.

Pankreas PorFavor

At this point in time Inno are just milking every last drop of money before they shut down all the worlds and eventually close the game down. I've seen it happen to other games and it's just a matter of time.

we've all been saying that for a couple of years already (https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/the-west-2013-or-quo-vadis-inogames.52143/ - in 3 weeks this thread will be 5 years old).
and yet, the game is still here, and so are we. less and less of us, but it seems that it's still profitable enough for Inno. is it profitable because of Inno's actions, or despite them? I really can't tell anymore. addicts will be addicts, and we'll take our daily fix no matter how bad it is :(

DeletedUser24736

we've seen games die completely, and some that fall off the radar, then get picked up by another company. there's a few i'd like to see make a comeback, and some i'm thankful are dead never to return.

we've all been saying that for a couple of years already (https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/the-west-2013-or-quo-vadis-inogames.52143/ - in 3 weeks this thread will be 5 years old).
and yet, the game is still here, and so are we. less and less of us, but it seems that it's still profitable enough for Inno. is it profitable because of Inno's actions, or despite them? I really can't tell anymore. addicts will be addicts, and we'll take our daily fix no matter how bad it is :(

or, lack of similar themes in the context and format this one provides. there's some that are a bit more interactive, but not nearly as well detailed feature wise. the ones i'm talking about are your standard boxy 2 1/2 - 3d anime quest fests, aimed mainly at 5 year olds.

i'm not saying there couldn't be GOOD western games for pc, but the oasis of western themed games like or better than this one is bone dry outside of console. I welcome examples that show otherwise.

Deleted User - 91450

I am not certain World One is set for closure - no official announcement anywhere. Just an implied "we will announce a closure" in the one post that is being quoted. A real announcement would be nice. I have reported the post as "inaccurate" to see if I can get a real response from a real person!

DeletedUser22685

I am not certain World One is set for closure - no official announcement anywhere. Just an implied "we will announce a closure" in the one post that is being quoted. A real announcement would be nice. I have reported the post as "inaccurate" to see if I can get a real response from a real person!
Anything posted in the Western Star forum does constitute and always has constituted an official announcement. The issue here - and I don't deny that there is one, as I pointed out in the other thread discussing the closures - is that there hasn't been adequate communication, not that the small amount of information that has given is inaccurate. In the future, please reserve the use of the report system for an actual breach of the rules.

Deleted User - 91450

I didn't say it was "false" or "wrong". Then I would have said it was "incorrect". Accuracy is about precision. So the posting is inaccurate because it is incomplete. Even the heading is inaccurate" "New Migration Paths" is not the same as "World Closures Planned." If what you tell me is not exactly right, it is inaccurate. Clarity in communication matters.
And yes I did abuse the "reporting" function. Mea Culpa - and oh look someone with authority bothered to respond. I was getting tired of being ignored with my direct message.
So yes I am being rude and obtuse - ask yourself why I am being rude? I have been a player in these games for close to decade and I rarely post. I play for leisure. I, like most of your players, generally don't have a reason to post and don't care to post. And why would I when I am mostly enjoying things?
Generally, I just wear the cowboy boots on my feet and never give them another thought - until my feet hurt. Then I think "why do my feet hurt?" I bet you are the same.
I am annoyed now that my in-game feet hurt. Likely it is best I throw way my INNO cowboy boots. They appear to be poorly made and ill-fitting. And the customer service is slow to respond and defensive. I guess it is time for a new pair of boots.

I'd suggest you take a look at your boot designs - I think they are too narrow. So long pardner. Time to saddle up and out.

DeletedUser22685

I didn't say it was "false" or "wrong". Then I would have said it was "incorrect". Accuracy is about precision. So the posting is inaccurate because it is incomplete. Even the heading is inaccurate" "New Migration Paths" is not the same as "World Closures Planned." If what you tell me is not exactly right, it is inaccurate. Clarity in communication matters.
And yes I did abuse the "reporting" function. Mea Culpa - and oh look someone with authority bothered to respond. I was getting tired of being ignored with my direct message.
So yes I am being rude and obtuse - ask yourself why I am being rude? I have been a player in these games for close to decade and I rarely post. I play for leisure. I, like most of your players, generally don't have a reason to post and don't care to post. And why would I when I am mostly enjoying things?
Generally, I just wear the cowboy boots on my feet and never give them another thought - until my feet hurt. Then I think "why do my feet hurt?" I bet you are the same.
I am annoyed now that my in-game feet hurt. Likely it is best I throw way my INNO cowboy boots. They appear to be poorly made and ill-fitting. And the customer service is slow to respond and defensive. I guess it is time for a new pair of boots.

I'd suggest you take a look at your boot designs - I think they are too narrow. So long pardner. Time to saddle up and out.
I'm not interested in debating word definitions, nor have I been even remotely "defensive" in any matter involving Inno in recent times. I won't link my other post again, but it's still there as an example.

I'll assume you'd premeditated that cowboy boot metaphor regardless of what you received in reply, considering it didn't really apply to anything I said. I simply asked you not to use the report system for those purposes in the future. Sure, it got you a response, but a mere PM or even a forum post is usually enough to get a response from me. Unfortunately it's not me that you were hoping to reach. As I mentioned in the post I linked yesterday, the people who do have the answers you were looking for certainly aren't reading .net server forum reports and we'd been trying our best to figure out those answers ourselves.

Regardless, I do actually have some more information than I did yesterday. We should be able to expect in-game and further forum announcements at some point today, which should hopefully clear up any confusion about what's happening with the world closures and when.

EDIT: And I had nothing to do with designing any "boots". My idea of a comfortable pair of boots isn't one that becomes useless every two months, requiring you to pay more money for a replacement.