International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2! - Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarograv

Has event world opened and if so my password dont work:(

The event and IFBC, Part 2 world will open and start on the 11th September 2017.

or is it that my password wont work till tomorrow?
My password didn't work. Had to change my password on the sign-in page to be able to log on. World is in "maintenance" at the moment so you can't log in yet.

Slygoxx

No ones password will work automatically. We don't know your password, so we can't copy that over to the event world. Everyone will have to set up a new one using the forgot password option.

fortfighter1

Ok i reset my password so working grand now. When i tried to log in at first i got locked out for 10 minutes for too many failed attempts using my current password so waited for a hour to try and reset and worked then. Reset to my current password.

Al35ul

My password didn't work. Had to change my password on the sign-in page to be able to log on. World is in "maintenance" at the moment so you can't log in yet.

Is that the same sign in page as the regular one ? I'm guessing no since it doesn't come up for me

Al35ul

Cheers Jaro, I actually double checked my email, there wasn't one

Edit: isn't the email (for the password) supposed to be sent immediately? I had to click "change password" twice and follow the process and there's still no email with which I can set a password.

Last edited:

HelenBack

Cheers Jaro, I actually double checked my email, there wasn't one

Edit: isn't the email (for the password) supposed to be sent immediately? I had to click "change password" twice and follow the process and there's still no email with which I can set a password.

Whitelist The West's domain and try again:
http://onlinegroups.net/blog/2014/02/25/how-to-whitelist-an-email-address/ (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo)
http://womeninbusiness.about.com/od...r-Domain-In-Hotmail-Live-Windows-Live-Msn.htm

The email comes from:
no-reply@events.the-west.net

Whitelisting the main domain should clear the way for all emails:
the-west.net

I know that Hotmail has been particularly bad lately for putting legit email directly into Spam or not delivering it at all. Gmail also had an issue a while ago.

Al35ul

I've sent a ticket about it ,I checked my inbox numerous times, nothing from any emails related to inno games or the west

HelenBack

I've sent a ticket about it ,I checked my inbox numerous times, nothing from any emails related to inno games or the west

Whitelist the-west.net and ask them to resend the invitation to the event... You need to register via the link they send you. If you didn't get that, then I don't think you can reset your password (you won't have an account on that server).

DeletedUser26820

Nah. If you want me on your team, dump me on that server with with the character class you told me to be with the inventory you encouraged me to select. I'm NOT going thru a hassle of resetting my password or activation codes. If you want me there, you'll get me there. Otherwise, all this hassle is not for me. I'm disappointed by the way this not explained from the get go.

If the Team had told me I'd have to have put a puzzle together, reset my password, activate an activation code of 6c1012ddcf14421b405104ed595f2d93 , I'd not have signed up.

Now I'd still like to be there for the EN Team, but not at this hassle for voluntary contribution of my time, energies, efforts and motivations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nisa

Nah. If you want me on your team, dump my ass on that server with with the character class you told me to be with the inventory you encouraged me to select. I'm NOT going thru a hassle of resetting my password or activation codes. If you want me there, you'll get me there. Otherwise, all this hassle is not for me. I'm disappointed by the way this not explained from the get go.

If the Team had told me I'd have to have put a puzzle together, reset my password, activate an activation code of 6c1012ddcf14421b405104ed595f2d93 , I'd not have signed up.

Now I'd still like to be there for the EN Team, but not at this hassle for voluntary contribution of my time.

Changing a password is not that of a hassle. Players keep forgetting their password and change it often.
We do not know your password so we can't copy something we don't know.

Blodox

Nah. If you want me on your team, dump my ass on that server with with the character class you told me to be with the inventory you encouraged me to select. I'm NOT going thru a hassle of resetting my password or activation codes. If you want me there, you'll get me there. Otherwise, all this hassle is not for me. I'm disappointed by the way this not explained from the get go.

Now I'd still like to be there for the EN Team, but not at this hassle for voluntary contribution of my time, energies, efforts and motivations.

just give us your password and will zapp you right in there.

HelenBack

Because they are creating a brand new toon on the event server for everyone, they can't copy our passwords over.

When you get the original email that says...

Welcome to The West. Please click on the following link to activate your account::
https://events.the-west.net/...... etc

Activation code::
#####

Login data
Character name: HelenBack
Password: If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password on the start page.

You click on the above link that activates your account on the Event server...

Then you click "Change Password"... It sends you another email with a link...

A new password has been requested for the player HelenBack. If you have not forgotten your password you can ignore this mail. Click the following link to set a new password.
Link https://events.the-west.net/...... etc

You click on the link... Enter your password... Done.

Then you go back to the logon page and wait for the Event doors to open. :)

Donna D

Don't get confused with the servers/worlds. The IFBC is on a different location from your normal worlds. Changing your password on your normal worlds doesn't help with getting on the IFBC world. You just need to set a new password for the IFBC world (as it has no known passwords from us at all).

https://events.the-west.net/
This is where the IFBC takes place. Click on 'Change password' there and then you should get an e-mail giving you a link to a page where you can set a new password, for the IFBC world (now called Awesomia). This world won't show in your normal list of worlds, it's completely separate. At least that's how I understand it.

Blodox

Because they are creating a brand new toon on the event server for everyone, they can't copy our passwords over.

When you get the original email that says...

Welcome to The West. Please click on the following link to activate your account::
https://events.the-west.net/...... etc

Activation code::
#####

Login data
Character name: HelenBack
Password: If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password on the start page.

You click on the above link that activates your account on the Event server...

Then you click "Change Password"... It sends you another email with a link...

A new password has been requested for the player HelenBack. If you have not forgotten your password you can ignore this mail. Click the following link to set a new password.
Link https://events.the-west.net/...... etc

You click on the link... Enter your password... Done.

Then you go back to the logon page and wait for the Event doors to open. :)

And for an easy access, use the following password: 1234

Status
Not open for further replies.