Events - Moving onto the next level! - Discussion

DeletedUser928

How about a world with no Tombolas !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where you really have to use the Shops ;) so that lvl1 toons can't wear the best clothes ;)
The original clothing sets... Like Indian, worker, Mexican, Gentlemen etc..

DeletedUser15368

How about a world with no Tombolas !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where you really have to use the Shops ;) so that lvl1 toons can't wear the best clothes ;)
The original clothing sets... Like Indian, worker, Mexican, Gentlemen etc..
The problem from inno's point of view with having an actual server of The West the way it was supposed to be, is that everyone would just play on that server, and tombola simulator would die, rip cash cow.

DeletedUser35533

Without Tombolas a lot of new players would stop playing by level 40

DeletedUser22685

This seems like a pretty ridiculous statement when you keep in mind the player numbers in the four years before tombolas compared to the player numbers in the four and a half years since they've been contaminating the game. Not to mention the fact that you can't reliably get anything worthwhile from tombolas without spending significant amounts of nuggets, and I'm not sure why any sub-level 40 players would feel comfortable doing that on a game they hardly know anything about.

Actually, I imagine it'd come across as one of those fad game apps you download on your phone because a bunch of your friends keep talking about it. You play it for a couple of weeks, get hooked on it and then reach a certain point where the free content ends and you have to pay to unlock the full game. More often than not, you just delete the app. I'm sure after getting nothing but automation medals from free spins, the first tombola a new player experiences must feel a lot like one of those games.

DeletedUser15368

Without tombolas making the gap between free and premium players as wide as it is, maybe some people would actually keep playing past level 40, since they won't start to realise that the PVP aspects of the game are pay-to-win.

Did you play on any servers before the first tombola came there? the first months of Galveston were the most fun I've had in a long time. Having to use shop clothing and finding the best combination of gear for your level brought me back the the game that I used to love. And then the tombola came, and it totally ruined the balance since you could just pay to be better than most other players with sets that had 2-4x the skill points of shop clothing.

"17 million" players to 1000 players on most servers since tombolas happened doesn't, in any way, support what you said, most players, even levels <40, are intelligent enough to see what tombolas mean for the game.

DeletedUser928

I started Day 1 on World 1 and even did a few other worlds. The game was much harder then. Shops mattered. Heck we were all bottomless! no pants and belts. You had to save money. No market..But I liked the slower pace of the game vs the 24x7 requirements of Tribalwars to win.... ;)
My original characters got deleted since i went inactive so long... Sadly now they can restore you.... :( I find myself only doing the quests in one world.. I use only use nuggets i have saved up from the 7day period and I use it mainly for automation during the tombolas. You were something when you had the charlatan set and the gentlemen set. with the golden gun

DeletedUser38535

What is the Status Da Twista, I asked in March... never got a reply....

DeletedUser26820

January 13th: Announcement of Events and moving forward.
June 29th: Nothing yet

Disappointing as the cross-server events have always been a blast.
I had the privilege of participating in the IFBC and was on a team in the Horseball Event.
You want to talk about taking the game to the next level of energy, enthusiasm, effort and motivation, it's found in those events.
Meet other toons from other servers.....
Attend a large FF that's completely full both sides and EVERYONE is buffed, geared, and weaponed to the max....
Where there's 3 leaders for a FF because it requires that many....
Where you can whisper, smack talk another toon with "I have the ball, catch me if you can....", and then they do.
Where toons go from L0 crafter to L250 within 2 weeks.....
Where a speed event turned into a dueling event.....

Waiting for the next one.....
Waiting in the weeds.....
The wolf pack is coming next time. No prisoners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

January 13th: Announcement of Events and moving forward.
June 29th: Nothing yet

Disappointing as the cross-server events have always been a blast.

I agree 100%

They did post this in beta forums:
https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/the-west-classic.3132/
https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/the-west-classic-discussion-thread.3133/

But it is not related to the events story.... still, could be fun if you have the time. I'll probably just login once to remind myself how it used to look like.

DeletedUser8627

Well well well...

Things are moving forward very fast at this point. Final preparations for the new and exclusive event server are nearly complete!

We will now have a dedicated event server in place, with its own forum and support system where we will be hosting large international events. The first one being the International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2! There has been a few changes in how it will be managed and run on the event server, but the basic structure is still in place.

Guess what? No tombolas will be present on this server!

Announcements and more information about the IFBC, Part 2 will be posted within the next two weeks and registrations will then start.

Keep your eyes peeled!

DeletedUser35533

just to make sure, there won't be any novelty items we get on our regular world as a reminder of participation, right?

DeletedUser8627

Is there any chance that we get a new classic server that lasts more than a month before 2018?

The Classic server has nothing to do with the event server, it was a separate server that was hosted on its own. It is not possible to have a world on one version of the game while the other worlds are on other versions of the game on the same server.

I had no involvement in the Classic server, I am only involved in the event server at this point which excludes anything to do with the Classic server.

just to make sure, there won't be any novelty items we get on our regular world as a reminder of participation, right?

Rewards have been revised for this IFBC, and there will be some sort of novelties that will be awarded to the winners on their regular worlds this time around.

DeletedUser26820

Well well well...

Things are moving forward very fast at this point. Final preparations for the new and exclusive event server are nearly complete!
Keep your eyes peeled!

Eyes are peeled like an onion and watering at the mouth to start.