Level cap increase

asdf124

When was the level 120 to 150 cap raise?

Edit:

years of when level 99 was increased to level 120 and from level 120-150(level 99 cap increase isn't 100% accurate.)

22'nd of Jan 2014 from 120-150(3 years ago)

2010 for level 99 to 120.(7 years ago)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Too bad.
But it's non-linear XP requirements anyway between levels. What is needed for level 150, around 23M? Cap could be raised to let's say level 160-170 with about 100M total required. Make it really high, but just raise cap.
And as for duels, it's not related to player level. Only duel level matters and that one could stay untouched.

asdf124

Level 175 is better than 170.

Edit: Lulu, duel level is capped at 450, that isn't what we are asking for.

We are asking for a level cap increase which would increase minimum duel level.
So, your argument is highly flawed with the dueling aspect.

A lot of worlds are dying cause not much to do, or life distraction.

You can do it where no one reaches a level by day one of the level cap, say it takes 100m to reach level 151...... So many choices.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37191

That suggestion means that daily players will get one level every 50 days, just for opening the game and clicking once. And active daily players may be able to get one level every 49 days, if they're lucky.

Is that what you want?

---EDIT---
Which means it'd take about 3.5 years to get to level 175, after getting to level 150.

---EDIT 2---
And if it takes 100m to get to level 151, current level 150s would get to level 151 immediately only if they've been at that level for some 7 years...

---EDIT 3---
Never mind, dueling XP grows with level, unlike jobbing XP. So duelers would be able to level up much faster than that..

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

Cause min duel level for those leveling up would be up to level 175

aha.. if 175 is better than 170 because of this, is 180 better than 175? what about 190? or 250? or.... I believe you see where I am going with this?
but in any case, it only makes sense that increase of level cap should include increase of DL cap.

asdf124

aha.. if 175 is better than 170 because of this, is 180 better than 175? what about 190? or 250? or.... I believe you see where I am going with this?
but in any case, it only makes sense that increase of level cap should include increase of DL cap.
Duel level cap was made for a reason, so an increase in DL cap isn't warranted.(number of players who have a level 450 or can duel those are at least 25 players in Arizona.

Pankreas PorFavor

"this is better" [doesn't say why]
"this is made for a reason" [doesn't say why]
are you just leaving things unsaid because you want to keep the conversation going or what? :D making a statement without explanations and arguments for/against is bad communication, I'd say.

in any case - yes, it's made for a reason. and yes, that reason is to stop the DL rising to where you will have only one or two people who you can duel.
but, there is also a reason why it was set at 450 (or 3x max level). keeping the DL cap where it is, and only raising the normal level does what? your argument is - increased level cap = increased min DL = more targets for duelers = better. well, if that is what they wanted to do, then the duel level cap wouldn't be set in a way it is set today, don't you think? instead of increasing the level cap, they could just lower the DL cap if they wanted to give duelers a better chance to farm non-duelers with DL= normal level.

DeletedUser37576

Any news on that? Will we see a level cap increase any time soon?

DeletedUser38817

Increase it to 175 and then what next players saying it should be 200? then 250?

DeletedUser26820

What is the justification for having a xp level cap?
For if a toon can get to L150 and then get 1M or 1.5M or 2M more xp, why not let them get to L151 and so on?

There is no justification of a cap other than to limit.
I've heard the arguments before: "Oh, how is a L23 toon supposed to compete with a L160 toon?"

A L23 toon can't compete with a L60 toon with everything being equal. What do L150 and L160 and L180 toons have to do with argument?

What is the basis and argument again for having a level cap?
Dueling equity?

Really? Jeez... if you don't want to be dueled, go 72-hour ko yourself and stop crying about dueling being a part of the game.

DeletedUser22685

What is the justification for having a xp level cap?
For if a toon can get to L150 and then get 1M or 1.5M or 2M more xp, why not let them get to L151 and so on?

There is no justification of a cap other than to limit.
I've heard the arguments before: "Oh, how is a L23 toon supposed to compete with a L160 toon?"

A L23 toon can't compete with a L60 toon with everything being equal. What do L150 and L160 and L180 toons have to do with argument?
I'm inclined to agree, mostly because of modern gear making skill points obsolete anyway. What difference will an extra 30 AP and 90 SP make at level 180 (which would require a great deal of exp anyway) when you've already got a couple of thousand to work with?

I wouldn't be opposed to having additional levels after 150 that don't reward AP or SP either, kind of like the virtual levels that were suggested years ago when the level cap was still 99 or 120.

asdf124

I'm inclined to agree, mostly because of modern gear making skill points obsolete anyway. What difference will an extra 30 AP and 90 SP make at level 180 (which would require a great deal of exp anyway) when you've already got a couple of thousand to work with?

I wouldn't be opposed to having additional levels after 150 that don't reward AP or SP either, kind of like the virtual levels that were suggested years ago when the level cap was still 99 or 120.
I would like that idea but wouldn’t that increase rifle/weapon damage?

Would it also give hp?

DeletedUser26820

Of course it would. If there's a weapon that increases in damage based on toon level, by definition, it should and would if the owner increases in level.
Now if that weapon gives hp is a different question.

You know what the bonuses are from a weapon set, or from any set for that matter.

What an item of gear does when a toon increases in level has no basis in a discussion relative to raising the level cap.

Remove the level cap. We're locked in at L150.
It's a shame to lock toons in.

It does not matter if it takes 5M or 10M or 20M xp to get to Level 151.
Just make it fair for all of us, and give us an opportunity to level up.
Give us 1 more ap and 3 more sp for garnering the required xp once hitting the glass ceiling.

the spoon

As i see they will not increase the Level Cap. They gave us "upgrades" so they will not need to increase the Levels.For example: If someone wears a level 2 belt he gets 20-25 more sp . Imagine that with 10 items.. 20*10= 200 more points.Not in 1 Skill but overall ( wesley level 2 belt +9 Dodging-Aiming+6 Appear.). those 20-30 points you get they are like 5-6 levels.