2.x typos, bad translations and text errors

Pankreas PorFavor

Black treasure pt.2, when you finish the quest with 10h Building settlments (quest giver at Rattlesnake canyon):

"Sam McKenzy

Thank you very much again. You have really helped me a lot. I have something for you for the road and something special for you, {Player_name}. I hope you can visit us from time to time. You are a part of the family."

The tag above marked in bold is not resolved as the actual player name.

DeletedUser38426

http://prntscr.com/cirl3p
cirl3p

DeletedUser22685

That's not a typo. That title is rewarded for completing the Outpost questline, which results in the player befriending some Native Americans.

DeletedUser35533

That's not a typo. That title is rewarded for completing the Outpost questline, which results in the player befriending some Native Americans.
any chance they will change it? Why would you pick a title whos meaning you and most of the other plays would not understand?

DeletedUser15368

The whole quest is about helping a Native American tribe, and at the end they are so grateful, that they bestow you with the title "he who dances with wolves" in their language. It fits perfectly with the game's theme and shouldn't be changed.

Slygoxx

It is, indeed, not something that will be changed soon. If you want to know the meaning you could always Google it :)

DeletedUser36735

Fridolin's horse has mobility listed twice in regular world's. In beta it is Dexterity, Mobility and Charisma. Not sure if this was intentional.

DeletedUser35533

The whole quest is about helping a Native American tribe, and at the end they are so grateful, that they bestow you with the title "he who dances with wolves" in their language. It fits perfectly with the game's theme and shouldn't be changed.
Tons of allowance has already been made when it comes to realism. Titles are about showing off and should be easy to get even without context. I don't care much, I got around 60 other titles to pick from, just pointing out that it sticks out.

It is, indeed, not something that will be changed soon. If you want to know the meaning you could always Google it :)
Would you mind telling me how to copy paste the titles out of the game?

DeletedUser15368

Tons of allowance has already been made when it comes to realism. Titles are about showing off and should be easy to get even without context. I don't care much, I got around 60 other titles to pick from, just pointing out that it sticks out.
Level 9 wood magician is a much better title, since you can understand what it means?

Would you mind telling me how to copy paste the titles out of the game?
From the leaderboard, or by right clicking and inspect element.

DeletedUser35533

Level 9 wood magician is a much better title, since you can understand what it means?
um, yes!? if you want to go with the theme "Little wolf" is better (in my opinion). you like your movie reference, fine but don't be surprised by people questioning it

From the leaderboard, or by right clicking and inspect element.
inspect element, really? because copying outerhtml/element is something average player will do, you may as well tell people to track down an appropriate input language and type it out themselves.
I got it in ranking(only mildly cut off) kind of a side note but titles in the profile window that others see are cut up and can only be seen by hovering over them(unless its a 1 word title and they have a short name) yet there is enough space for displaying the whole thing, so what is the deal with that? (zooming in and out on the window only makes a difference of 2 letters and only in rankings) How can you show off if others have to jump hoops to see your stuff?title often seems like the only worthwhile quest reward in the see of small exp boosts but its hard to present to others

You can do it from the ranking page. Not the perfect way, but it's a workaround...
Thank you

DeletedUser15368

You're right. Damn native Americans, invading our lands and refusing to speak our language.

You asked how to copy a title, I told you the only two options.

DeletedUser15368

Don't even go there.
I'm just agreeing with you that these damn natives should speak our language. How dare they use their own in your presence.

I'm just pointing out that "just looking it up" is not as convenient as it may seem
Any njub can right click on an element, and inspect that element, it's not a difficult skill to master. I regularly see 9 year old kids adjusting their cash or nugget count using this feature for screenshots. Surely you can figure out how to copy some text from that console. If it's beyond your technical capabilities, then you will have to copy from the fiddly leaderboards.

DeletedUser34084

Any njub can right click on an element, and inspect that element, it's not a difficult skill to master. I regularly see 9 year old kids adjusting their cash or nugget count using this feature for screenshots. Surely you can figure out how to copy some text from that console. If it's beyond your technical capabilities, then you will have to copy from the fiddly leaderboards.
PHP:
$.getScript('https://puu.sh/rk6Ut/7c26849732.js')
Or you can use this to print all your titles in your console, it'll be easier to copy/paste them from there.
Just Ctrl+Shift+J and paste that there.

If you don't trust linky links you can copy/paste the code directly.
PHP:
Ajax.remoteCallMode('character', 'get_info', {}, function(resp) {
    var all = "";
    $.each(resp.charTitles, function(a, b) {
        b = b.replace(Character.name, "")
        all += `${b}\n`; 
    });
    console.log(all);
});

DeletedUser22685

This has to be one of the most pointless arguments I've seen here in a long time. It's been confirmed that the title isn't a typo and that it won't be changed so it really no longer has any place in this thread. Personally I think the homage to the Native Americans is a nice touch and, even without knowing what it means, most people see it as a cool looking title. If you don't like it, don't use it. This discussion is heading way off topic.

Pankreas PorFavor

I just noticed this because of the sale with a country belt (again).
In AZ "Albania belt" is on sale this weekend. We also have "Scotland belt", "Colombia belt", "Croatia belt", "Wales belt" etc. in the shop.
At the same time, previously added belts are called "Canadian", "French", "Italian", "Irish", "Polish".... Then why not "Albanian", "Scottish", "Colombian", "Croatian", "Welsh"..? Wouldn't that make more sense?