Why Force People To Adventer?

• Thread starter DeletedUser38328
  • Start date

DeletedUser38328

Hello there im hope im not only one who Feelt The need of unexpericent Adventers thats just want to do there Quests,
But here we Get to the fun part, When People Are Forced to Adventers , 80% in my Case Just dont give a Damm about the game and just quit it or just dosent listen to the Experice players that are trying to help them as good as they want?
How Many here Agrees no more of the Inno Forceing People to do adventers?

DeletedUser38347

I agrre no one should feel forced into them, the ones that quit once it does start should be banned from adventures for a month, something should also be done about those that delibertly sdhoot their team mates, not sure if that can be sorted though. allow those that need to do them for quests to do them. Not great for those that do them for the vet points but just get on with it. probably not make sense but hey ho lol.....some times you might get someon e new that likes them and does more and hopefully learn adventures to get better.

DeletedUser38328

See , theres the Problem i know many who Tries to Help newbies to get a big foot, but when they wont Reaply on what were trying to teach , its makes it really much harder and some will lose there Temp when i happend to many times

DeletedUser24556

Agreed, there are many newbies who don't care about what more experienced players try to tell them.
And this happens very often. If this happens too often and you lose several games in a row because of such players it's no wonder some players get aggressive.

But on the other hand it seems to me, that at least some of those who ruin a game on purpose are 2nd chars of others in the opposing team. Maybe Inno should (at least try to) prevent a player having 2 chars in the same adventure game.

Long ago there were ideas posted to have a tutorial for adventures and a minimum lvl. to take part. I don't think it makes much sense to repeat that here, but I do it anyway. There are so many lvls. <10 in the adventures. That doesn't really improve the whole thing. And it takes just some minutes to become lvl. 10 by now...

And why do there have to be quests where players have to take part in or even win an adventure?
That makes so many take part who have no interest in adventures at all.

DeletedUser34194

And why do there have to be quests where players have to take part in or even win an adventure?
That makes so many take part who have no interest in adventures at all.

That right there is the problem. New players that actually have an interest in learning adventures will try and learn. They will listen to those that know how to play and ask for advise.

Players that just need to get it done for a quest will simply go through the motions, myself included in that group.

personally I can't stand adventures. I don't see the appeal at all and would rather play poker again than play an adventure. But if i need to for a quest than i do it. I don't try and shoot my teammates, I don't try to lag in setting my movements or actions. It just happens due to inexperience and like I said, sorry but..."Inno made me do it."

Forcing me to do more and more adventures to finish quests will not make me suddenly enjoy the experience.

PS- For those of you who really do like adventures I'm sorry for ruining your experience by dragging myself through your game. It's not personal.

DeletedUser

I agree. Adventures were fun for maybe the first week or two after they came out. They became boring after that as they are just too repetitive. I now dread having a quest come up that requires me to complete / win adventures.

I don't think you will see it change though. They still have quests that require people who hate dueling to win duels / collect bounties and for those who hate fort fighting to complete / win fort fights. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and push through if you want to complete quests.

Pankreas PorFavor

Agreed, there are many newbies who don't care about what more experienced players try to tell them.
And this happens very often. If this happens too often and you lose several games in a row because of such players it's no wonder some players get aggressive.

I don't know what you consider as "often". I played 3 adventures for a quest yesterday. In the first, right at the start I said that I am a noob who doesn't play often. Practically no response from my 2 team mates. Since I had twice as much HP as the two of them together, I assumed they were noobs too, but it seemed they knew what they were doing. We lost, of course.
In the second and the third adventure we were doomed from the start. In the second, the two experienced players started arguing about who did what in the past, who is the worse team player blablabla. The fourth disconnected. We lost, of course.
And then the third. It didn't even start, and two of my "team mates" started arguing, both didn't even move, started shooting each other. We lost, of course.
3 adventures, all 3 ruined by players who play them all the time. No noobs who talked back or refused to listen. And you know what? This happens to me every time I try to play an adventure (which is a more and more rare occasion). My experience is - player X hates player Y, and player Y hates him back. Every time they are on the same team, the game is ruined. Unless the engine that puts the teams together makes teams x1+x2+x3 vs. y1+y2+y3, the adventure is ruined. New players are not a problem, not in my experience.

Last edited:

Abydos1

It really is boring to see the same old discussion over and over again but in different threads...everybody by now knows what they get in adventures so don't be surprised by the rough competitive environment that was established. It's not much better in the fort fighting sector so deal with it...I might be one of the minority that enjoys adventures here because I actually like the fast pace. Yeah, there might be some crappy matchups but that's not always the case. The best part about them is that they don't last too long around 10 minutes or so instead of fort fights which can last way longer while you watch take forever to end after you died which in turn makes you lose all your HP and NRG. In adventures nothing counts against your character so you can be working at the same time and waiting for the timer to go down while you play so I think it is a pretty awesome pastime game to play. That link I posted up there earlier about the Adventure Guide is a good start for new players to look at and have some fun: https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/adventure-guide.56998/

Pankreas PorFavor

Well This just happend right now for me
https://gyazo.com/c65e950dbe89ba95f04c025c9aa1219a
Were we Started to ask if his new and stuff then , yeah read self :)

Q: "first time?"
A: "nope"

again, someone who plays adventures (maybe on another language server) and screws the game up.
my experience with adventures is that 90% of time (I am not talking just about these last 3 I played) it is ruined by longtimers who fight, argue, bicker and in the end sabotage the game because they are teamed up with someone who they cannot stand. that's why I play them so rarely. it seems to me that so many players enjoy the insults and arguments much much more than the actual adventure game.

DeletedUser34194

everybody by now knows what they get in adventures so don't be surprised by the rough competitive environment that was established. It's not much better in the fort fighting sector so deal with it.

Yes that's the original point of this thread. We do know what the environment is like and a lot of us would rather not partake in the gameplay but have to in order to finish a questline.

The same argument could be made for having to ff or having to duel, or even having to job for days on end.

Maybe this is what the Devs had in mind when they made these requirements part of the questlines. It makes the quest harder to complete than mere collection of so many goods because it forces us out of our comfort zone. Or it could be that they feel these areas of gameplay need more involvement and so they try and force the support using quests. The former I can actually support even if I don't like it. The latter would be a real dumb idea imo and it seems obvious to me that like I said in my last post, Forcing me to do more and more adventures to finish quests will not make me suddenly enjoy the experience.

If only I could understand the minds of west developers. "shudders"

Pankreas PorFavor

I totally understand that they want to increase activity in all aspects of the game and get people involved. But, do I think this is the way to do it? Hell no! I would rather play in a team I chose, even if it means going against a team that's much better equipped and much more experienced. I'd rather lose to a better team, than lose as a member of a group that's everything but a team, and full of people who just argue and insult each other.
There's already a way to do it - they can use the same "lobby" feature they have in fort maneuvers. Someone (the first to join the queue?) is assigned as a team captain and accepts/refuses team members. Those who are abusive, rude and sabotage their team will soon be recognized and have no place in adventures because nobody will take them. I'd post in the brainfarts section if I thought that Inno would ever implement an idea suggested by players... Or maybe this was already suggested? It probably was, CBA to search ;)

DeletedUser26820

How and why are toons being forced to adventure against their will?
Is an employee of Inno standing next to them holding a gun to their head or has kidnapped one of their kids and the ransom is attending adventures????

If it's because there are quest requirements that require attending adventures to complete, the same can be said that toons are being forced to do jobs, collect resources, have specific items of gear, duel, win duels, place bounties, collect bounties, win FF's, have a specific amount of points in a specific attribute, do certain jobs within a specific time window and only on certain days, and on and on...

Oh my.... what a travesty and crime we have on our hands....
To complete a freely elected to pursue quest, a toon might have to participate in dynamics or do things they'd typically not want to.

Oh my.... this is a REAL problem we have here that is completely new and never found in quests before...

Going forward, can ALL the new quests NOT require a toon to be forced to do something they don't want to do.

LOL....

Pankreas PorFavor

deiben, you missed the point of the original post. it is not "why are people forced to do adventures"?
the point is - "why does Inno make these quests where people have to do adventures, and then we who are elite turbo mega adventurers have to put up with those noobs?"
well, to be honest, I just reached a quest step where I need to participate in 5 adventures. I am already sick of it because I know that I will again have to wait for god knows how long just to get enough people to start one, and then when we do start, or even before we do, someone is going to call someone a name, or they will try to have their revenge about something that happened in another adventure last week, or some other silly thing like that. if only one of those 5 adventures will be a game where nobody sabotages their team, I will be surprised. because in my experience, that's about the percentage - 20% are real, 80% is just about arguing and insulting your team members.

DeletedUser26820

I will again have to wait for god knows how long just to get enough people to start one, and then when we do start, or even before we do, someone is going to call someone a name, or they will try to have their revenge about something that happened in another adventure last week, or some other silly thing like that. if only one of those 5 adventures will be a game where nobody sabotages their team, I will be surprised. because in my experience, that's about the percentage - 20% are real, 80% is just about arguing and insulting your team members.

Now that's something I completely agree with and also encounter way to often, much to my disappointment.

DeletedUser36787

Having to do adventures for quests is a little overwhelming to those who don't like them. I only do them for quests, try the best I can, and still get lashed out at by other players. This is a game. Those who bicker and insult during the adventures are who make me dislike them so much.

DeletedUser24556

Playing in an old world adventures were the only thing that made it at least a bit interesting.

But now I'm (too) fed up with all those players who quit playing after an adventure started, newbies and experienced players, of people who insult each other or me and those who leave the other team with even 0 points though they are shorthanded.
I put my char into vacation mode. This whole game is no fun anymore.

DeletedUser15368

Why don't you report players that insult you, or consistently quit after the game starts? Just a thought that might make adventures less toxic in the long run.